The Good, Bad, Ugly vs Buffalo

NYRaider

The defense is bad.

On the Dline, Ferrell is a backup right now. I can't see him improving much. Mad Max is a good player but not elite. The rest are pretty much just average to below average NFL players.

LB- Kwit seems solid, Littleton has been disappointing, Morrow is a practice squad player.

CB-Mullens is good, Arnette is an unknown, everybody else is meh.

S-Abrams has big upside. He is the only guy bringing attitude. Harris is a backup, Joyner is just not working in the slot. What else?

We have got to get more pass rush. No corners can cover for 4 seconds every down. We need to create turnovers. We won't get them without forcing offenses into mistakes. Right now we should blitz more creatively and often. 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

AKA Dumpster fire of a D lol 

We're on pace to set our franchise records for most yards allowed in a season, most points allowed in a season, and fewest takeaways in a season. While also being on pace for 16 sacks which would be our second lowest ever and only the second time we've ever had less than 20 sacks in a season along with Guenther's 2018 defense. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The sky isn't falling just yet. The Bills and the Patriots are both playoff teams and both games were competitive until we made crucial mistakes down the stretch. We haven't gotten blown out and easily could've won the last two games we just didn't execute well enough.

We were in position to cut it to a 1 score game last week with 11 min to go on the 7 yard line and went with a FG. 

We were in a position to take the lead today in the the third quarter but kicked a FG on the 7 yard line. We were then in a position to tie the game in the 4th quarter with 12 min to go before Waller's fumble. 

And Littleton/Kwit were far from our biggest problems today. Kwit comes back into the lineup and we give up 62 rushing yards on 2.6 ypc after giving up 160 ypg on the season on over 5 ypc without him so far this season. The biggest issues with our defense are that we have no pass rush and our coverage schemes are terrible.

Don't let the box score fool you, just like last week. Like you said, the bills and pats are playoff teams. We did not look like a playoff team. Yes, the bills rush d didn't look sexy stay wise, but they were dominating us on o. THEIY kept us in the game with THEIR mistakes, not mistakes our defense forced. Take your blinders off. Our defense is TRASH.

7 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

Don't let the box score fool you, just like last week. Like you said, the bills and pats are playoff teams. We did not look like a playoff team. Yes, the bills rush d didn't look sexy stay wise, but they were dominating us on o. THEIY kept us in the game with THEIR mistakes, not mistakes our defense forced. Take your blinders off. Our defense is TRASH.

I'm not letting the box score fool me, we had a chance to win last week until late in the 4th and were in the game today all the way until the middle of the 4th. Their passing offense certainly destroyed us today but our run defense was solid. 62 yards on 2.6 ypc is excellent and if you remove that one 4th down end around they had 23 carries for 48 yards (2.0 ypc) the rest of the game. In comparison to the 57 carries for 362 yards (6.3 ypc) we had given up the two previous weeks. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm not letting the box score fool me, we had a chance to win last week until late in the 4th and were in the game today all the way until the middle of the 4th. Their passing offense certainly destroyed us today but our run defense was solid. 62 yards on 2.6 ypc is excellent and if you remove that one 4th down end around they had 23 carries for 48 yards (2.0 ypc) the rest of the game. In comparison to the 57 carries for 362 yards (6.3 ypc) we had given up the two previous weeks. 

200 something yards rushed rushing... Yeah, we weren't in the game. They killed the clock, much like what our o is predicated on. We do it well, the pats did it better. Just like the saints game, we won and had the points and stats to show for it but when you have a qb with proven killer instinct ala brees, you're in it. If we were in that position with the saints, I wouldn't blame any raider fan if they had no hope of winning that game, because carr would just dink and ink within a conservative offense by gruden because he knows carr would NEVER pull the trigger unless he 100000% knows it's a gimme.

And you say your not letting the box score fool you yet you're posting stats that say "the box score says it was a lot closer than it was, our defense held them to less than 70 yards rushing omg they did so well it was all carr and the offenses fault not the rush defense at all!"

You realize after watching that game, they didn't need to pound the rock. Our DEFENSE is trash as it stands

Not just one aspect like you're so focused on. OUR DEFENSE (ENTIRE DEFENSE) is trash. The d for the most part lost that game, plain and simple.

8 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

200 something yards rushed rushing... Yeah, we weren't in the game. They killed the clock, much like what our o is predicated on. We do it well, the pats did it better. Just like the saints game, we won and had the points and stats to show for it but when you have a qb with proven killer instinct ala brees, you're in it. If we were in that position with the saints, I wouldn't blame any raider fan if they had no hope of winning that game, because carr would just dink and ink within a conservative offense by gruden because he knows carr would NEVER pull the trigger unless he 100000% knows it's a gimme.

And you say your not letting the box score fool you yet you're posting stats that say "the box score says it was a lot closer than it was, our defense held them to less than 70 yards rushing omg they did so well it was all carr and the offenses fault not the rush defense at all!"

You realize after watching that game, they didn't need to pound the rock. Our DEFENSE is trash as it stands

Not just one aspect like you're so focused on. OUR DEFENSE (ENTIRE DEFENSE) is trash. The d for the most part lost that game, plain and simple.

We weren't in the game? We were down by 3 at half time and had a chance to cut the Patriots lead to 6 points with 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter but elected to kick a FG. 

Did you watch the last three games? The Saints were doing whatever they wanted running the ball early until they abandoned it as the game went on. The Patriots ran all over our defense the entire game. When at any point in the game did the Bills really have any success running the ball? Singletary had one decent 11 yard run and they had that 14 yard end around, other than that they had 22 carries for 37 yards (1.6 ypc) and you're going to say our run defense didn't look better today? What more did you want them to do?

They didn't need to run the rock but still did 24 times to minimal success. Our run defense was light years better today then we've seen the last two weeks and that's not even debatable. 

Our secondary and pass rush certainly looked horrible today. Allen had all day to throw to wide open targets. But to say our run defense wasn't solid today is just inaccurate.

Just now, NYRaider said:

We weren't in the game? We were down by 3 at half time and had a chance to cut the Patriots lead to 6 points with 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter but elected to kick a FG. 

Did you watch the last three games? The Saints were doing whatever they wanted running the ball early until they abandoned it as the game went on. The Patriots ran all over our defense the entire game. When at any point in the game did the Bills really have any success running the ball? Singletary had one decent 11 yard run and they had that 14 yard end around, other than that they had 22 carries for 37 yards (1.6 ypc) and you're going to say our run defense didn't look better today? What more did you want them to do?

They didn't need to run the rock but still did 24 times to minimal success. Our run defense was light years better today then we've seen the last two weeks and that's not even debatable. 

Our secondary and pass rush certainly looked horrible today. Allen had all day to throw to wide open targets. But to say our run defense wasn't solid today is just inaccurate.

You say youre not looking at the box score but here you are referencing the box score??????

"We were only down by like .248483 points with .49574 minutes left on the clock!!!"

Jeez, you're the worst type of raiders fan, with high hopes and no realistic opinions.

let's itemize everything here, first with the saints: KAMARA destroyed us. They had their way with us like you'd said. WE (as in the way our offense let off the gas because prolly the limitations of our qb as mentioned in our other back and forth) let them back in the game even with less than 6 minutes left in the game. I don't know about you, but that first drive to begin that last chapter of the game I was SCARED because brees has done it before. Yeah, he didn't end up doing it but heck, carr hasn't ended a game via that killer instinct in a while, at least enough of a consistent basis. Also, the brees mistakes (he's also old and not at his peak) kept us in it -- NOT carr's miraculous play.

Onto the Pats: the score mightve told you it wasn't a blow out at face value, but like that Cam run for a first, it represented the ENTIRE game and it was a blowout. We'd stall cam (credit to the d for lucking I to that), carr would have a chance for a kill shot and it doesn't happen for a number of reasons (he's conservative, so gruden Has to be more conservative). Cam gets back, kills even more time, scores gives it back to us, carr can't get the offense into the end zone, kick back to cam, kill clock, so on and so forth. If bellichick wanted to and there were more quarters, the box score would've been wayyyyyyyyyy worse for us.

And finally, the bills: they ran to KILL the clock. They were passing all over us. I was watching that game and thought to myself, "carr is playing at his baseline and nowhere near the ceiling we all hope he could hit."

The defense suck, as I've mentioned profusely. But unlike you using the box score and saying carr is hitting all these marks bla blah blah, I'm ssying he ain't the answer cus he's not winning games because of HIM.

1 minute ago, doctordeath said:

You say youre not looking at the box score but here you are referencing the box score??????

"We were only down by like .248483 points with .49574 minutes left on the clock!!!"

Jeez, you're the worst type of raiders fan, with high hopes and no realistic opinions.

The defense suck, as I've mentioned profusely. But unlike you using the box score and saying carr is hitting all these marks bla blah blah, I'm ssying he ain't the answer cus he's not winning games because of HIM.

At what point did the Bills have any success against us running the ball today? Only 7 of their carries came late in the game when they were winning, lol. 

The defense does suck for sure they're on pace to be the worst defense in franchise history. But it's just hard for me to blame Carr at this point when we're averaging 28 ppg. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At what point did the Bills have any success against us running the ball today? Only 7 of their carries came late in the game when they were winning, lol. 

The defense does suck for sure they're on pace to be the worst defense in franchise history. But it's just hard for me to blame Carr at this point when we're averaging 28 ppg. 

Dude/duderte, I'm arguing our entire defense sucks, are you not reading my responses???

I'm saying they RAN the ball to KILL the clock, are you incapable of reading????

14 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

Dude/duderte, I'm arguing our entire defense sucks, are you not reading my responses???

I'm saying they RAN the ball to KILL the clock, are you incapable of reading????

They ran the ball to kill the clock yet only 29% of their carries came at the end of the game? 

• Like 1

If you told any team in the league we'll give you a QB that's going to throw for 4,300 yards, 32 TD, 8.0 YPA, and complete 73% of his passes while leading an offense that averages 28 ppg they'd take that. 

The Chiefs offense last season averaged 379 ypg and 28.2 ppg last season and were considered an elite unit. We're averaging 377 ypg and 27.7 ppg so far this year and people want to blame Carr for our failures, it's hilarious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What do you think of Marvin Wilson (3T) from FSU? 

I haven't seen much of him but he is a highly regarded prospect at a position of need for us.

To be honest I’m busy so I don’t watch a lot of college. I recently watched a little YouTube and read good scouting reports on prospects. I posted guys who sound good in the 2021 Draft post