Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

Concerns me that this is coming from JLC, but Armstrong would be an awesome get for us. Currently a top coach agent but formerly the president of the NFLPA too after a decorated career. THAT is the resume of someone I want in charge of our operation. He’s the anti Ted Phillips.

That he was also a Sun Devil is a nice cherry on top that will matter only to me around these parts. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Concerns me that this is coming from JLC, but Armstrong would be an awesome get for us. Currently a top coach agent but formerly the president of the NFLPA too after a decorated career. THAT is the resume of someone I want in charge of our operation. He’s the anti Ted Phillips.

I had read that before and I agree.  If there was anyone at the top of my list for an Exec VP role Trace Armstrong would be the guy and he's also another former Bear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

I had read that before and I agree.  If there was anyone at the top of my list for an Exec VP role Trace Armstrong would be the guy and he's also another former Bear.

Exactly. He’s a guy literally everyone will view with credibility and respect, and he will have as extensive a network as anyone in terms of connections.

My worry with this story being a one report JLC piece is that he’s using this logical connection to the Bears for both himself and Ryan Day (a client of his) as leverage to bolster Day’s OSU contract. It would be a good agent move.

Were the Bears to get Armstrong and then to have that filter down to hiring Ryan Day I’d be all in favor of that. He’s a great young offensive mind who’s done the double duty of also being HC. You know he believes in our QB and knows how to build an offense around his skill set. Armstrong’s presence and prior role one would think should help surround Day with a strong staff particularly on defense too which offsets some of my concerns about going with a non-Harbaugh college coach.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That he was also a Sun Devil is a nice cherry on top that will matter only to me around these parts. 🤷‍♂️

1. I truly can't remember the last time La Canfora was correct about anything yet alone anything Bears related

2. See rule #1

I'd like it a lot more if someone with an ounce of credibility was reporting it. At least it gives us all something to look forward to?

57 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

1. I truly can't remember the last time La Canfora was correct about anything yet alone anything Bears related

2. See rule #1

I'd like it a lot more if someone with an ounce of credibility was reporting it. At least it gives us all something to look forward to?

Jason La Canfora everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not just Day either...Nagy & McDaniels amongst a ton of other top coaches.

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agree. Having a guy with a history as a player, an agent, and a Player's Association executive could give the Bears a lot of credibility, appeal to potential FAs, and help with contract negotiations. Armstrong has sat on many sides of the table.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Jason La Canfora everyone!

As much as Armstrong has come out and said he hasn't had talks the bigger news would be that even a hack like La Canfora believes that they are trying to bring in a guy who understands football more...restructuring the front office would be massive for this franchise...sending Phillips to Arlington to take control of building the stadium would be a great way out of a situation they have created for themselves as it gets them someone who understands football more without them having to fire Ted which is something they clearly don't want to do...Denver's front office could be the blue print...Joe Ellis is the president of the franchise and deals with all the business stuff outside of football...Elway as the president of football operations...GM reports to Elway...HC reports to GM...Phillips for as much as we all hate him has been around this business for a long long time so clearly offers something...let him deal with shareholders and construction companies and have a proper football guy in place for all the on the field stuff…

Might be a bit meathead but every time I listen to Olin Kreutz I just think he understands where the issues with this franchise really are.

I think Nagy screwed Bieniemy out of a HC job with his poor showing.  But I think it is a bit unfair because Bieniemy stayed a lot longer than Nagy did and has had more responsibility as a result. 

Same with McDaniels and Belichick.  He has been there a lot longer than these other guys and has more responsibility and respect than them with Bill.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I think Nagy screwed Bieniemy out of a HC job with his poor showing.  But I think it is a bit unfair because Bieniemy stayed a lot longer than Nagy did and has had more responsibility as a result. 

Same with McDaniels and Belichick.  He has been there a lot longer than these other guys and has more responsibility and respect than them with Bill.  

I've read that due to Bienemy's past and the fact that his interviews are bad, he hsn't been hired. I doubt that has to do with Nagy