Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I would not declare the Armstong thing totally dead.

He has to deny it right now. His client is employed by the team, he has a ton of clients currently entering into the job market and others who are out recruiting.

My only concern is is he making more money as a middle man taking money from the huge contracts he is getting several top coach...which will only attract more top coach...then we can pay him as a member of the front office?

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

My only concern is is he making more money as a middle man taking money from the huge contracts he is getting several top coach...which will only attract more top coach...then we can pay him as a member of the front office?

He’s been a part of the league for almost 35 years. Money may be a bit down the list for him if running a team is a post-playing days dream job.

38 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s been a part of the league for almost 35 years. Money may be a bit down the list for him if running a team is a post-playing days dream job.

True plus I'm sure Bears would pay a guy like him a hefty amount of money to take on a job like that. It's not as if they can't afford it.

30 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

True plus I'm sure Bears would pay a guy like him a hefty amount of money to take on a job like that. It's not as if they can't afford it.

That’s always been the biggest issue with the “sell the team” crowd. It would absolutely be what’s best for the on field product, but it’s a business entity that makes nine figures profit every year even when they suck. If you’re the ownership group, why would you sell? The ownership group is gonna make a collective billion dollars by 2030. What right minded person (or persons) decides that juice isn’t worth the squeeze? 

• Like 1

Hey y'all. Sorry to see Soulman go (again actually.)  Just a reminder that we've got it pretty good on here in terms of balance and lotsa different people finding ways to argue over this stupid team in a pretty fun way.  If I can get over the obvious issues that make me absolutely hate Heinz's ******* guts, we can all get along especially in this season of Toyotathon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Hey y'all. Sorry to see Soulman go (again actually.)  Just a reminder that we've got it pretty good on here in terms of balance and lotsa different people finding ways to argue over this stupid team in a pretty fun way.  If I can get over the obvious issues that make me absolutely hate Heinz's ******* guts, we can all get along especially in this season of Toyotathon. 

🎶 He's a soullll maaaan da da da da da da da

He's a sooooul mannnn da da da da da da da 🎵

If you need him he'll be off drinking crumpets with @Madmike90

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Soul man left?

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet or not, but Pace is always in 'win now' mode.  In the past with Emery and even Angelo, we've been mediocre at best when that happens.  While we were in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, let's be honest, did we deserve a playoff spot last year?  We only got in because they expanded it to 7 teams. 

Pace needs to stop being very aggressive on draft night(in the last 5 drafts he's traded up and given up at least one future pick to move up)  We need a draft where we have all 7 of our picks and use them on quality players.  We may not be in 'win now' mode next year but we can win.  Both side of the ball needs a couple impact players(WR, pass rushers, DBs)  But if Pace continues to give away our draft picks like they're candy, I personally don't want him around.  Generally speaking I understand why teams do it, Pace does it year after year.  We're not a couple pieces away from competing, we're quite a few. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet or not, but Pace is always in 'win now' mode.  In the past with Emery and even Angelo, we've been mediocre at best when that happens.  While we were in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, let's be honest, did we deserve a playoff spot last year?  We only got in because they expanded it to 7 teams. 

Pace needs to stop being very aggressive on draft night(in the last 5 drafts he's traded up and given up at least one future pick to move up)  We need a draft where we have all 7 of our picks and use them on quality players.  We may not be in 'win now' mode next year but we can win.  Both side of the ball needs a couple impact players(WR, pass rushers, DBs)  But if Pace continues to give away our draft picks like they're candy, I personally don't want him around.  Generally speaking I understand why teams do it, Pace does it year after year.  We're not a couple pieces away from competing, we're quite a few. 

I generally wouldn't mind moving up if the player was a major difference maker for the team (on top 2-3 round moves) or there is little given up (4th and lower rounds) and the player is a solid contributor. The chance of drafting 7 quality players is almost nonexistent IMO. BAL's 2018 class is probably the closest anyone has gotten to that in the last 10 years.

Pace's moves-

My issue is that early on Pace would at least trade back to keep trying to add talent and compensate for trading away assets. He hasn't traded back in a while though he has traded up in the last 5 drafts, just like you said.

Floyd was a terrible EDGE but a pretty damn good offball LB. But a top 10 pick on an offball LB means you better be getting a top player at the spot (Smith).

Whitehair came after 1-2 trade downs, so I think that is fine. He hasn't been as good as I had hoped after being a hell of a center his rookie year but he is a decent lineman. Hasn't been worth his extension at all though.

Kwiatkoski didn't even get a 2nd contract offer from Pace, though Floyd or Kwiatkoski would have been a better re-signing to pair with Smith than DT anyway. Seems more like Pace missed on the personnel part rather than the draft pick itself.

Tru is a bust and had two All Pro talents at the same position taken after him. I applaud Pace making the move to get his guy, just wish he wouldn't have missed with a 66% chance of success. lol. If you see a franchise QB you go after him, but you better be right.

He traded down and got Shaheen and Cohen from it.

Went up for Eddie Jackson. Was looking like a stud early but then hasn't evolved in any way. The pick was great but he has fallen off.

Went up for Miller who came out great and regressed every single season to the point he can't stick on HOU's roster and is a back up's back up in PIT.

Traded up and got Monty because he was supposed to be versatile and a major receiver out of the backfield then have him get 3 targets per game. So about 1 more target per game than Jordan Howard got.

Traded up for Gibson, looks like a solid pick up being in the later part of the draft.

Traded up to get Mooney who looks the part of a damn good #2. For where he was in the draft and the little he gave up this is a major win for Pace.

Fields has a ton of talent and like I said with Tru, if you have your eyes on a potential franchise QB you go after him. Hopefully we don't ruin him too.

Each move has to be looked at in a vacuum really. Trading a 6th rounder who likely doesn't make the team isn't going to concern me, especially if you get a solid rotational piece or s ST stud in the 5th or early 6th for him. But the misses in the top rounds are WAY more expensive and are a serious cause for concern.

• Like 1

I watched Floyd play last night.  He would have made an outstanding ILB which is what he played at GA.  An all pro ILB.  Great in zone coverage, side line to side line player and a really good occasional blitzer.  He probably would have had as many or more career sacks and many more INTs and broken up passes.

Someone here has beating that drum for years.  Can’t remember who.  But I agree 100%.  I hated the pick from draft day.  

The position change hurt his career I think.  He just isn’t an edge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I watched Floyd play last night.  He would have made an outstanding ILB which is what he played at GA.  An all pro ILB.  Great in zone coverage, side line to side line player and a really good occasional blitzer.  He probably would have had as many or more career sacks and many more INTs and broken up passes.

Someone here has beating that drum for years.  Can’t remember who.  But I agree 100%.  I hated the pick from draft day.  

The position change hurt his career I think.  He just isn’t an edge. 

I've been adamant he is an offball LB for years and said he is a poor passrusher from the edge but would be a plus rusher from the middle.

That being said, I'm sure someone beat me to it though. I think someone was actually saying he shouldn't have even been put as an EDGE from the draftday thread.

I thought his athletic traits would translate over way more easily than it did. He wasn't Shea McClellin bad on the outside but was still bad, and I REALLY overestimated his ceiling there. lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

May have been me. I liked him as an edge, but he was fairly soft. Him being a coverage backer would've been awesome. So long and fast.

• Like 1