Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

I had a whole rant about Pace that would have got me kicked off this site but I'm going to chill haha.... just know he went Trubisky and traded for Foles, over, Watson, Mahomes, and FA signing of Newton.....he passed on 2 Heisman trophy winners and an FBS yardage leader because........

3 hours ago, dafreak said:

I doubt nothing in there except that rumors are swirling about Riddick. Has SM or Lanbert ever broken anything? I've seen no one else credible mention Riddick as a candidate. I've seen fans talking about him, but what about Schefter, Jahns, etc?

Keep in mind Riddick LOVED that the Bears acquired Foles in the spring, so woo hoo!

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I doubt nothing in there except that rumors are swirling about Riddick. Has SM or Lanbert ever broken anything? I've seen no one else credible mention Riddick as a candidate. I've seen fans talking about him, but what about Schefter, Jahns, etc?

Keep in mind Riddick LOVED that the Bears acquired Foles in the spring, so woo hoo!

I like Riddick but I fear if he was hired he might keep Nagy since they know each other well.

They need to completely clean house.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This debate is over right? I won?

You were right and you have made solid arguments, but its just same basic cycle that has been occurring since Halas got old.  Predicting failure is always the best bet. 

Excitement, Disappointment, Pitch Forks.  - Repeat every 4 - 6 years.

Blip in ‘85.

That will continue in perpetuity as far as I can tell.   

None of it matters unless Bears can establish a top down program which is nigh impossible with non-football people dominating management.

Pace is actually a fine talent scout in a lot of areas.   You can also forgive a draft QB miss, it happens to everyone if you stick around long enough.   But ignoring offensive tackle position for 5 years until it all blows up in your face is unforgivable.

His inability to recognize Nagy’s practice and development deficiencies also shows he doesn’t understand coaching well enough to be GM.  It is difficult to tell from just watching games and reading media or I think it would have been easier to spot.  Media people don’t know much either.

If we could actually have daily access way beat reporters do problems would be far easier to spot far sooner.  I went to one training camp practice last year and could see all kinds of problems.    

As it is we just have to guess from end results - we don’t see sausage being made.

A true all access reality show would be very interesting.  Never happen though.    And even if it was editors would show soap opera stuff and not little things that are so important because they don’t get it.  

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

My big thing with Angelo/Lovie was that they would always hire their friends. Then the McCaskeys went a different direction with Emery/Trestman and Pace/Nagy...

What I'm asking is, do we want to go with a familiar(ish) face like Dave Toub for HC or get a new perspective running things?

34 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

My big thing with Angelo/Lovie was that they would always hire their friends. Then the McCaskeys went a different direction with Emery/Trestman and Pace/Nagy...

What I'm asking is, do we want to go with a familiar(ish) face like Dave Toub for HC or get a new perspective running things?

I've never been a FIRE TED PHILLIPS!! guy only because I'm hoping deep down his say is meaningless when it comes to GM hires. But now I'm thinking- even if it is, why is George so qualified? 

I'd truly like for George to can Ted (say Ted retired or some s*** in the press release so no one's feelings are hurt) and hire an actual football guy as president.

Chances it happens? 3%, but one can hope

34 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Ballard and Toub should have been hired when they fired Emery and Trestman but the Bears goofed up and here we are again.

• Like 1