Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

29 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

But at the end of the day he would still be at best average. If he got into the playoffs he would lose the minute he's down by more than 1 score. I don't think that's a win at all. 

Like the time he pulled us back late in the playoff game against Philly for a game winning FG only to have Parkey double doink it?

Oh yeah...I remember that one....

57 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Like the time he pulled us back late in the playoff game against Philly for a game winning FG only to have Parkey double doink it?

How many times did he fail during that game or in multiple other games? He does seem to have a clutch ability, but a lot of those games should not have been close if he was a competent QB from Quarter 1 through Quarter 3. 

We were 6.5 favorites over the Eagles and the defense allowed 16 points. If we had Watson we would of at least gone to the NFC championship game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yeah come on man. This is a stretch. He was crap all game long. Despite a few really nice games, he was crap in most games, specifically the big ones, that year only to be bailed out by the D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

He had a very good game against the Eagles. I've maintained that all along. 

But Haywire Mitch didn't make an appearance that day, and Haywire Mitch is absolutely a totally real and sobering thing. Let's not wander off into Silly Town. Grossman had good games, as well. Eventually the sample size proved he was nothing more than a backup. 

38 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Bears bringing in QB Deshone Kizer, for a tryout this week.

Exactly the sort of move they should have been doing weeks ago. Except, exactly the wrong quarterback to bring in...

As a Packers fan I think Pace is one of the better GM'S in the league. The only mistake he made was taking Trubisky over Mahomes. His only other bad draft pick was Kevin White. Most of his draft picks were sold picks. He killed it in FA. I still think your roster is better than ours. Your roster has the talent, what i'm seeing is the offense is underperforming for the talent it has. The defense is still solid and SB caliber. Pace has done a way better job than our GM. Remember you guys gave up a lot of draft capital for Mack which was the right move. Foles is a good QB who's won a SB, that was the right move. I just don't get why your offense can't score more points given the talent it has. That's where the problem is,  not Pace.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, St Vince said:

As a Packers fan I think Pace is one of the better GM'S in the league. The only mistake he made was taking Trubisky over Mahomes. His only other bad draft pick was Kevin White. Most of his draft picks were sold picks. He killed it in FA. I still think your roster is better than ours. Your roster has the talent, what i'm seeing is the offense is underperforming for the talent it has. The defense is still solid and SB caliber. Pace has done a way better job than our GM. Remember you guys gave up a lot of draft capital for Mack which was the right move. Foles is a good QB who's won a SB, that was the right move. I just don't get why your offense can't score more points given the talent it has. That's where the problem is,  not Pace.

We don’t have a single OLmen who would start for the Packers.

The roster is one of the most unbalanced in the entire league.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

We don’t have a single OLmen who would start for the Packers.

The roster is one of the most unbalanced in the entire league.

Cody Whitehair could diffinally start for GB. Besides Kenny Clark we don't have a DLmen that could sniff a starting job for the Bears. Face it there's no team that's strong at every position. Your OL is bad, our DL is Bad. MN's secondary is bad. Guys just have to stop underachieving and earn their pay checks.

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

Cody Whitehair could diffinally start for GB. Besides Kenny Clark we don't have a DLmen that could sniff a starting job for the Bears. Face it there's no team that's strong at every position. Your OL is bad, our DL is Bad. MN's secondary is bad. Guys just have to stop underachieving and earn their pay checks.

Bad and completely incompetent are two different things. Our offense is right there with the Jets. He did great on defense overall but offensively he has butchered the job. Recognizing a mistake and moving on is fine, compounding it by extending them and thinking Foles was going to save the offense is terrible. He botched the Nagy signing as well.

No GM or coach is perfect, but his negligence just pisses me off. I'd love to have him as a 2nd in command if someone could remove his authority on offense, but as the guy calling the shots he failed. He took his shot and missed. 

20 hours ago, St Vince said:

Pace has done well...up until recently. And, in general, Pace HAS NOT done a "way better" job than Gutekunst. For one thing, Gutekunst got Love, who is yet another player, along with Mahommes and Watson, we Bears fans will be agonizing over for years to come. 

There is a lot of talent on the Bears offense, as you point out, but the dereliction of duty when it comes to the offensive line has ruined us. And Nagy has proven to be so inept, with his obsession of asserting the teams' offensive "will" on all opponents, that things have simply spiraled out of control. 

There's a lot more bad to parse out, about both Pace and Nagy, but what I've listed is a good start. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Pace has done well...up until recently. And, in general, Pace HAS NOT done a "way better" job than Gutekunst. For one thing, Gutekunst got Love, who is yet another player, along with Mahommes and Watson, we Bears fans will be agonizing over for years to come. 

There is a lot of talent on the Bears offense, as you point out, but the dereliction of duty when it comes to the offensive line has ruined us. And Nagy has proven to be so inept, with his obsession of asserting the teams' offensive "will" on all opponents, that things have simply spiraled out of control. 

There's a lot more bad to parse out, about both Pace and Nagy, but what I've listed is a good start. 

You literally don't know that about Love. It's an assumption because "Green Bay will never not have a QB and the Bears will never have a QB" but no one knows a damn thing about Jordan Love. Agonizing is a strong word.

Gutekunst has consistently ignored offensive playmakers for Rodgers despite him always asking for them. In a few game this year, their lack of WR's- outside of Adams- has really stood out. Gutekunst, for now, is benefitting big time by having Rodgers, specifically this year where he looks rejuvenated. The Smith's and Amos looked like huge signings last year and played that way, but their D still sucks.

Gutekunst > Pace, no doubt, but let's give
Gute a few years still to see how it shapes up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

You literally don't know that about Love. It's an assumption because "Green Bay will never not have a QB and the Bears will never have a QB" but no one knows a damn thing about Jordan Love. Agonizing is a strong word.

Gutekunst has consistently ignored offensive playmakers for Rodgers despite him always asking for them. In a few game this year, their lack of WR's- outside of Adams- has really stood out. Gutekunst, for now, is benefitting big time by having Rodgers, specifically this year where he looks rejuvenated. The Smith's and Amos looked like huge signings last year and played that way, but their D still sucks.

Gutekunst > Pace, no doubt, but let's give
Gute a few years still to see how it shapes up.

Yeah, Love is a rookie who needs to sit and learn. My opinion of him is a projection. And that projection isn't based upon NFC North dynamics, but on watching Love play at Utah State.

Gutekunst is rebuilding a team that was beset by ineptitude for years. Unless he strings together a Jim Finks, Ozzie Newsome, or Mickey Loomis type succession of drafts he will have problems for a while. 

• Like 1