Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

Hello everyone, been lurking for about 15 years. I’ll introduce myself later in the correct forum. As for this topic and I know none of us have any input and this will likely never happen but what if Dan Hampton was hired to replace Phillips, Tom Waddle was the new GM and Harbaugh was the next coach. I like it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BP42 said:

Hello everyone, been lurking for about 15 years. I’ll introduce myself later in the correct forum. As for this topic and I know none of us have any input and this will likely never happen but what if Dan Hampton was hired to replace Phillips, Tom Waddle was the new GM and Harbaugh was the next coach. I like it. 

wut

2 hours ago, BP42 said:

Nice to have you here!

We could do worse than Harbaugh but idk about Hampton and Waddle, other than as players of course. I'm getting a feeling that Hampton might strangle Harbaugh if he had an attitude. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BP42 said:

Welcome to the forum. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BP42 said:

Welcome.

I think Harbaugh would be a decent choice.  People just look at his college success or lack thereof but conveniently forget the guy took SF to 3 straight NFC Championships and lost the SB on a last second play with  Colin Kapernick as his QB.

I also think it's inevitable that Fangio will be fired in Denver in the next 2 years..not because he's a bad HC but because they will not be able to compete in that division with the likes of Mahomes and both the Raiders and Chargers coming up too, so  I think if you can re-unite the two that would be a heck of a coaching staff.

That is the route I would go if they're looking to hire a retread/experienced NFL HC.

Now if they want to choose another hot coordinator as the next HC then my choices would be 1A Brian Daboll or 1B Brandon Staley.

As for the VP/GM I guess I wouldn't mind Hampton because any one but Phillips who has some football background would probably be a better option, but I'm highly doubtful that Waddle is qualified enough to be a GM.  That just seems too far-fetched and there are way better options that will be available. 

Edited by topwop1

52 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Jon Jones from CBS is hearing Pace is out and has a very comprehensive list of GM candidates

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1339941060697497600?s=20

Take it for what it is but I'm hearing a rumor that Bears want to hire Pat Fitzgerald as the next HC and that apparently Fitz already has his GM lined up in the Vikings Assistant GM George Paton.

To tell you the truth I don't know much of what to expect from Fitzgerald because I never watched much Northwestern Football but he does have a good reputation from what I am reading.

As for Paton, he seems qualified for job.  Vikings have drafted very well over the years.  The only thing I am cautious about is that they were never really able to solve the QB spot there. Both Bridgewater and Ponder were draft busts for them and Cousins was a reach of a signing IMO.  They also traded for Sam Bradford who was a disaster...

Edited by topwop1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Take it for what it is but I'm hearing a rumor that Bears want to hire Pat Fitzgerald as the next HC and that apparently Fitz already has his GM lined up in the Vikings Assistant GM George Paton.

To tell you the truth I don't know much of what to expect from Fitzgerald because I never watched much Northwestern Football but he does have a good reputation from what I am reading.

As for Paton, he seems qualified for job.  Vikings have drafted very well over the years.  The only thing I am cautious about is that they were never really able to solve the QB spot there. Both Bridgewater and Ponder were draft busts for them and Cousins was a reach of a signing IMO.  They also traded for Sam Bradford who was a disaster...

The more i think about Fitz coming here, the more i like it.

i don’t know much about Paton, but even if the vikes haven’t been able to solve their QB spot, it’s not like he’s the one calling the shots so i won’t hold that against him.  I’m sure we’ve all been in a situation where you make a suggestion to your boss, detail exactly why what you’re suggesting is the right thing to do, then your boss goes and does the opposite of what you suggested.

what’s the connection between fitz and Paton?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

The more i think about Fitz coming here, the more i like it.

i don’t know much about Paton, but even if the vikes haven’t been able to solve their QB spot, it’s not like he’s the one calling the shots so i won’t hold that against him.  I’m sure we’ve all been in a situation where you make a suggestion to your boss, detail exactly why what you’re suggesting is the right thing to do, then your boss goes and does the opposite of what you suggested.

what’s the connection between fitz and Paton?

Not sure the exact connection between the two I just read that they are very familiar with one another. Perhaps from visits Paton and the Vikings made to Northwestern over the years to scout players?

Paton did work for the Bears in the early 2000 so there is already a connection there.

53 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If he does not have a run away EGO he will be better than Nagy.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

The rumor is coming from 1 person: Jason La Canfora- who not even exaggerating has never been right about anything Bears related

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I feel like the QB position is very hard to get right, even if you do everything else perfect. I think of the Ravens as a team that has never truly solved it, I think part of it is frankly luck. You have to keep taking shots.

Vikings are a great drafting team and have been in the playoffs pretty consistently.