Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The rumor is coming from 1 person: Jason La Canfora- who not even exaggerating has never been right about anything Bears related

Normally I'd agree with you but it's also being corroborated by another insider like Windy said below.

Not saying it's a slam dunk to happen but there's a lot of talk about it.

Northwestern's athletic director just left the program and talk is that Fitz is now open to making a move to the Bears if offered a job.

13 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I feel like the QB position is very hard to get right, even if you do everything else perfect. I think of the Ravens as a team that has never truly solved it, I think part of it is frankly luck. You have to keep taking shots.

Vikings are a great drafting team and have been in the playoffs pretty consistently. 

This I agree with you 100%  They are very good at drafting and developing.

And you're absolutely right, getting the QB position right is very hard thing to solve.

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

This I agree with you 100%  They are very good at drafting and developing.

And you're absolutely right, getting the QB position right is very hard thing to solve.

Honestly I'm good with going QB in every other 1st until you hit. 

Don't sign anyone to a big deal until you have a franchise guy.

17 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I feel like the QB position is very hard to get right, even if you do everything else perfect. I think of the Ravens as a team that has never truly solved it, I think part of it is frankly luck. You have to keep taking shots.

Vikings are a great drafting team and have been in the playoffs pretty consistently. 

3 times in 8 years isn't all that special, but at least that GM finds good players on offense consistently

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Vikings have been in the playoffs 4/8 years. In a division with a HOF QB. That isn’t bad.

They have 3 playoff appearances and 2 wins since Pace was hired.

I'm not saying it's bad. In fact it's terrific if you compare it to the Bears. I just wouldn't say 3/8 is "pretty consistently."

On 12/15/2020 at 6:27 PM, BP42 said:

Hello everyone, been lurking for about 15 years. I’ll introduce myself later in the correct forum. As for this topic and I know none of us have any input and this will likely never happen but what if Dan Hampton was hired to replace Phillips, Tom Waddle was the new GM and Harbaugh was the next coach. I like it. 

Welcome to the club! I want nothing to do with Harbaugh in a general sense, but if it's the ONLY way Nagy is shown the airlock, then I'm on board. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:14 AM, WindyCity said:

Jon Jones from CBS is hearing Pace is out and has a very comprehensive list of GM candidates

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1339941060697497600?s=20

Read two articles recently that indicate George is extremely pissed right now, and the only way Pace and Nagy stay is if they make the playoffs. 

And I doubt that happens. 

On 12/18/2020 at 10:05 AM, topwop1 said:

Take it for what it is but I'm hearing a rumor that Bears want to hire Pat Fitzgerald as the next HC and that apparently Fitz already has his GM lined up in the Vikings Assistant GM George Paton.

Works for me, and I know absolutely nothing about Paton, but working with Speilman must have taught him something.

One thing I'm really concerned about is that the Lions have apparently already interviewed Louis Riddick. I like that guy a lot, would hate to lose out on him, AND have him go the Lions. 

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not saying it's bad. In fact it's terrific if you compare it to the Bears. I just wouldn't say 3/8 is "pretty consistently."

I think we have to consider the 2 near auto losses to the Packers because of Rogers. 

it’s like making the playoffs in the AFC East compared to winning the AFC South which has been a joke.

There continues to be more "talk" that it's possible Nagy could survive but that Pace's fate is all but sealed as gone unless the team makes the playoffs.

The latest rumor is that Bears are interested in NFL Network Draft Analyst Daniel Jeremiah for the GM role, who was previously a scout for several teams in the NFL..including Philly where he overlapped with Nagy from 2010-2012.

Another guy with connections to Nagy who I've heard rumors of Bears being interested in is Louis Riddick.

Not saying I wouldn't like either of those guys but hiring one of them would be a big leap of faith and a departure from how the Bears have traditionally hired their GMs

Edited by topwop1

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You can’t let Pace make a decision about a QB he is way too invested in (Mitch) and a QB he may not be around to see develop (draft pick).

That latter part also applies to Nagy. I never really liked half measures. Either go all in and fire both or don't do anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

There continues to be more "talk" that it's possible Nagy could survive but that Pace's fate is all but sealed as gone unless the team makes the playoffs.

The latest rumor is that Bears are interested in NFL Network Draft Analyst Daniel Jeremiah for the GM role, who was previously a scout for several teams in the NFL..including Philly where he overlapped with Nagy from 2010-2012.

Another guy with connections to Nagy who I've heard rumors of Bears being interested in is Louis Riddick.

Not saying I wouldn't like either of those guys but hiring one of them would be a big leap of faith and a departure from how the Bears have traditionally hired their GMs

I didn't realize Jeremiah was a scout once. Huh. Riddick seems a lot more savvy, I'd prefer him. But I'd settle for either. 

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

You can’t let Pace make a decision about a QB he is way too invested in (Mitch) and a QB he may not be around to see develop (draft pick).

Ownership could force him to jettison Mitch. Weirder things have happened. But, you're still right, Pace really can't be trusted to deal with any of that. He's proven as much. 

I'll preface this by saying I'd rather fire both.

That said, if we had to keep just one, I'm a bit surprised the rumors are we'd keep Nagy, and not Pace.    Nagy was brought in to develop Mitch and get the offense going. He's been a complete and total failure in that regard, and it was only after he was removed from the equation, that we actually starting doing ok on offense, and Mitch started looking salvageable.  Pace blew the Mitch pick, and has rather poor luck with early picks in general, but I still feel like he's OVERALL found some pretty good talent. The offensive line continuing to regress overall was somewhat unexpected (at least with regard to Leno and Massie, I genuinely don't know who is to blame for Rashad Coward getting as many chances as he did, but they should be fired)..... Basically, Pace made a few critical errors that could get him fired, but he at least also had some successes. IMO if we kept 1, but not the other, I'd rather keep Pace.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Not trying to be a jerk but has Erik Lambert ever broken any Bears news? He seems to be a guy who's so under the radar that he can say anything without ever getting backlash for always being wrong.