Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Goldman

Jackson

Montgomery

Smith

For sure

Johnson

Daniel's

Look like they are trending that direction.

How many elite players have the Packers drafted same time frame?

Vikings?

Lions?

How bout the chiefs?

Patriots?

Who do you look at and say they have 100% drafted better, OVERALL, than the Bears.

I will give you Goldman, Jackson, Smith, and maybe Montgomery.

Daniels is laughable. Johnson maybe in the future.

4 players in 6 years. That is unimpressive.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

GMs can trade picks.

They can also get critiqued for missing on the players they traded up for.

Which is why I keep saying criticize the pick, not the trade.  There hasnt been a bad trade.  There have been bad picks, particularly in the first round.  That's valid criticism.  

Which is why I keep saying criticize the pick, not the trade.  There hasnt been a bad trade.  There have been bad picks, particularly in the first round.  That's valid criticism.  

Back picks that cost you multiple picks are worse than bad picks.

Losing 75.00 on a hand of blackjack is worse than losing 50.00

Just now, WindyCity said:

I will give you Goldman, Jackson, Smith, and maybe Montgomery.

Daniels is laughable. Johnson maybe in the future.

4 players in 6 years. That is unimpressive.

You didnt answer the 2nd part.  And Daniels was trading as a top 3 OG before his injury this year.  Not really laughable.

Again I ask you, who has drafted better, OVERALL in the last 6 years.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Don't waste your time Supe. I've been arguing this same and even showed proof of it but Windy chooses to ignore it. 

I agreed he is somewhere around the 18th best drafter in the league and he is terrible at evaluating QBs.

I just do not get why people want to keep that.

You guys sure do love your day 3 safety talent.

You didnt answer the 2nd part.  And Daniels was trading as a top 3 OG before his injury this year.  Not really laughable.

Again I ask you, who has drafted better, OVERALL in the last 6 years.

I will have to do some research on that.

Daniels  was playing at a league average level on a bad line before the injury.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Back picks that cost you multiple picks are worse than bad picks.

Losing 75.00 on a hand of blackjack is worse than losing 50.00

Not if you win $200 a few hands later.  Do you know why blackjack has the lowest house advantage.  It's the law of large numbers.  You are going to lose most hands. The secret is to minimize those losses so that when you getthe right hand you can go ahead by betting big.

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Not of he also has a history of acquiring more picks thru trades as well.  Or is your argument that GMs arent allowed to trade picks and must just stand pat and pick wherever they are regardless.  Bc whooo boy.

He has certainly made trades to acquire picks, but those are often at the end of the draft. If we compared the point value of what he's traded away against what he's acquired, we'd certainly see more value going out.

Just now, abstract_thought said:

He has certainly made trades to acquire picks, but those are often at the end of the draft. If we compared the point value of what he's traded away against what he's acquired, we'd certainly see more value going out.

Would you like to bet on that?  He typically would acquire the same level of capital he would give up.  The biggest discrepancy against his favor in the value chart I believe was a 12 point loss in the Trubisky trade.  

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

You realize that Pace has acquired almost 100% of this team and that this team is mediocre, right?

Is the team mediocre talent-wise?  Or is the team mediocre bc of coaching?  Remove QB from the equation, bc I have conceded hes missed there and it's the most important position in sports.  Who do you look at sans maybe the chiefs, and say the Bears just dont matchup talentwise.

Is the team mediocre talent-wise?  Or is the team mediocre bc of coaching?  Remove QB from the equation, bc I have conceded hes missed there and it's the most important position in sports.  Who do you look at sans maybe the chiefs, and say the Bears just dont matchup talentwise.

It's mediocre in both talent and coaching, both of which are under Ryan Pace's control. The Bears don't match up talent-wise with pretty much any playoff team.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I agreed he is somewhere around the 18th best drafter in the league and he is terrible at evaluating QBs.

I just do not get why people want to keep that.

You guys sure do love your day 3 safety talent.

Who are the 17 GMs that have been better at drafting?