Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

Just now, topwop1 said:

Unless this team goes on to play in the Super Bowl then I am totally fine with getting rid of Pace.

He's had more than enough time to turn this thing around and he missed on the most important decision.

I do not see what good can come by allowing Pace to return for another year if they are already on the fence about whether or not he should stay.

It is a dangerous situation and why teams do not often let GMs go into lame duck years.

What does he care about future cap or picks in that scenario?

29 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Here's the list of Ryan Pace draft picks that have made a Pro Bowl (lol):

• Cody Whitehair
  • Jordan Howard
  • Eddie Jackson
  • Tarik Cohen 
  • Mitch Trubisky

Here's a list of Ryan Pace draft picks you could ever say were in the top 3 in their position:

• Eddie Jackson

Probowl is a joke.  Eddie Goldman is a top 3 nt.  Roquan Smith is probably going to get an all pro, and just had a DPOY type season.  Just....stop.

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Eddie Goldman is a top 3 nt.

No he isn't. Vita Vea, Linval Joseph, Kenny Clark, DJ Reader, Dexter Lawrence...

27 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Roquan Smith is probably going to get an all pro, and just had a DPOY type season.

He won't even come close to a DPOY. And with such a strong LB group around the league, odds are he won't make the all-pro team either. Devin White and TJ Watt are essentially locks.

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

No he isn't. Vita Vea, Linval Joseph, Kenny Clark, DJ Reader, Dexter Lawrence...

He won't even come close to a DPOY. And with such a strong LB group around the league, odds are he won't make the all-pro team either. Devin White and TJ Watt are essentially locks.

goldman opts out due to covid and all of a sudden people forget how good he is lmao

Oh good god, list of NTs you can argue are better than Eddie Goldman:

Kenny Clark

/list

If Roquan 3rd in the league in tackles before week 17 and leading the league in TFLs doesnt make an all pro, then that's a joke

41 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Oh good god, list of NTs you can argue are better than Eddie Goldman:

Kenny Clark

/list

If Roquan 3rd in the league in tackles before week 17 and leading the league in TFLs doesnt make an all pro, then that's a joke

So in 6 years, he drafted one really good player (Smith) and 6-7 good or decent ones? Swell.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

goldman opts out due to covid and all of a sudden people forget how good he is lmao

He's never made an All-Pro team or been statistically dominant in any way that stands out from others at his position. You'd be hard-pressed to find people outside of Chicago who would call him "elite".

He's never made an All-Pro team or been statistically dominant in any way that stands out from others at his position. You'd be hard-pressed to find people outside of Chicago who would call him "elite".

So all-pro is what you're looking for and yet your whole premise has been to show that Pace is bad at drafting? That doesn't make any sense. Your expecting WAY too much. 

The next GM had better draft all future hall of famers or he can go. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

So in 6 years, he drafted one really good player (Smith) and 6-7 good or decent ones? Swell.

Hes drafted 4 very high quality players we can definitively say are right now.  2 more that are trending that way.  And a bunch of good ones.  And mind that's missing in the first round in all but 1 year.  That's a pretty damn good record, and I'll throw the question out to you, who has done better?

People need to take a long look around the league. But of course they won't when ask to prove it. 

Since 2015-2019, Pace has drafted 2 players with at least one 1st team AP (Jackson, Cohen).  Guess how many other teams can say that? NINE.  BAL and KC each have 3.  7 others have 2. 

12 teams have drafted 1 player and 10 teams in the league have not drafted a single player with at least 1. (This includes GB and NE)

Edited by JAF-N72EX

What nose tackle has made an all pro?  I'll wait.  While you are trying to find an answer there, statistics for a NT are useless.  NT do the dirty work.  They eat blocks, keep LBs clean.  They enable everyone else around them to make plays.  You judge a NT solely on tape.  Eddie's is some of the best there is.

7 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

People need to take a long look around the league. But of course they won't when ask to prove it. 

Since 2015-2019, Pace has drafted 2 players with at least one 1st team AP (Jackson, Cohen).  Guess how many other teams can say that? NINE.  BAL and KC each have 3.  7 others have 2. 

12 teams have drafted 1 player and 10 teams in the league have not drafted a single player with at least 1. (This includes GB and NE)

As I said before JAF people forget how bad the Bears were at drafting before Ryan Pace.  I'm also curious how many teams have the hit rate in rounds 2-6 that Pace has.  

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

As I said before JAF people forget how bad the Bears were at drafting before Ryan Pace.  I'm also curious how many teams have the hit rate in rounds 2-6 that Pace has.  

Yes they have, and they seem to have unrealistic expectations as well.  

Using PFRs weighted-career value then averaging the total as a non-biased base; the Bears are tied 13th in the lg in the 1st rnd,  7th in the 2nd rnd,  24th in the 3rd,  5th in the 4th,  1st in the 5th by a large margin (CHI is 20.0, KC is 2nd with 12.40), 28th in the 6th,  and 27th in the 7th. 

But facts be damned. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Absolutely. Roquan is a special, SPECIAL player. It's sad all of the other hulabaloo swirling around the Bears has detracted from a general awareness of the sort of season he's had. Especially down the stretch. He is THE best player on the Chicago Bears roster. 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes drafted 4 very high quality players we can definitively say are right now.  2 more that are trending that way.  And a bunch of good ones.  And mind that's missing in the first round in all but 1 year.  That's a pretty damn good record, and I'll throw the question out to you, who has done better?

Others have done better. Remember, you're talking over six years, too. And Pace refusing to do anything but cling to Trubisky as the answer at quarterback is a deal breaker. 

What nose tackle has made an all pro?  I'll wait.  While you are trying to find an answer there, statistics for a NT are useless.  NT do the dirty work.  They eat blocks, keep LBs clean.  They enable everyone else around them to make plays.  You judge a NT solely on tape.  Eddie's is some of the best there is.

You're absolutely right about that. 3-4 NTs are not stat monsters. But you need a quality one to make a 3-4 work. Goldman is outstanding. Had he played this year, who knows what might have happened? (Although I guarantee you Trubisky still struggles. 😁)

I highly doubt anyone who follows the team doesn't remember how it drafted before Ryan Pace came on board. And, I don't really give a flying **** if Angelo and Emery stunk at their jobs. Having someone who stinks a little less doesn't do much for me. The Bears only backed into the playoffs because they're the extra Covid wildcard. The Saints are going to destroy them. Pace needs to go.