Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

That's an understatement my man. Lol

One is 6th all time in yards and TDs. The other just tied Case Keenum for TDs. 

Ya for sure.  I meant it's a given he's had a better career outside of that one magical SB run.  Still though..he's pretty up there and I'm not sure if he really has much left in the tank.  Not that I think Foles is really going to be some savior for us, just saying I don't really see Rivers being able to keep up with the likes of the Chiefs and Bills come play off time.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I wonder how much input Nagy has actually had in the offensive personnel. I'd have to think a great deal..and yet some people are talking about letting him pick the next QB. Didn't he essentially just do that with Foles this offseason?

Foles may have been the best option given a number of constraints (cost, willingness to accept a back-up role). Those wouldn't apply to selecting a rookie QB.

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Foles may have been the best option given a number of constraints (cost, willingness to accept a back-up role). Those wouldn't apply to selecting a rookie QB.

Correction: willingness to accept a backup role for 2 games 😂

Let's be real dude, Nagy wanted Foles due to their history and familiarity, not just because of those factors you mentioned.  It appears that other options like Cam could have been signed for cheaper and better value without having to give up draft capital..not that I really was advocating for Cam anyway..just saying.

The fact that Mitch was pulled so early into the season after the team starting 2-0 tells us all we need to know about who Nagy wanted at QB...and he wanted Foles from the beginning.

Now let's give it a few games before we say it was a bad move.  If the offense looks like crap again on Thursday then Nagy will definitely be on the hot seat IMO.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Correction: willingness to accept a backup role for 2 games 😂

Let's be real dude, Nagy wanted Foles due to their history and familiarity, not just because of those factors you mentioned.  It appears that other options like Cam could have been signed for cheaper and better value without having to give up draft capital..not that I really was advocating for Cam anyway..just saying.

The fact that Mitch was pulled so early into the season after the team starting 2-0 tells us all we need to know about who Nagy wanted at QB...and he wanted Foles from the beginning.

Now let's give it a few games before we say it was a bad move.  If the offense looks like crap again on Thursday then Nagy will definitely be on the hot seat IMO.

All I'm saying is that Foles was obviously picked based on limitations that wouldn't apply to evaluating a QB prospect. I'm not trying to cast any judgment on Nagy's ability as a QB evaluator.

We've heard that Nagy was linked to Minshew and Mahomes too. I don't think it's fair to judge him solely on the Foles acquisition.

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

All I'm saying is that Foles was obviously picked based on limitations that wouldn't apply to evaluating a QB prospect. I'm not trying to cast any judgment on Nagy's ability as a QB evaluator.

We've heard that Nagy was linked to Minshew and Mahomes too. I don't think it's fair to judge him solely on the Foles acquisition.

Fair enough...but we've had 2.5 years of Nagy now and not a whole lot of promising data to show us that he really knows what he's doing.  I hope I'm wrong but if this poor offensive output continues with Foles then I can't say I'm willing to give Nagy the benefit of the doubt that it will get better with another year at the helm in 2021, regardless of who the QB is next season.

At some point you gotta stop blaming the players and look at the coach.  The team was simply out coached and under prepped for yesterday's game vs Colts.  That can't happen.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Fair enough...but we've had 2.5 years of Nagy now and not a whole lot of promising data to show us that he really knows what he's doing.  I hope I'm wrong but if this poor offensive output continues with Foles then I can't say I'm willing to give Nagy the benefit of the doubt that it will get better with another year at the helm in 2021, regardless of who the QB is next season.

At some point you gotta stop blaming the players and look at the coach.  The team was simply out coached and under prepped for yesterday's game vs Colts.  That can't happen.

I will make the point that the Colts could be a top D this year. I don't think we need to overthink what happen, much like Sean McVay's team recovered after being crushed by the Bears. They are doing fine. If this continues for 3-4 weeks then we have a problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nads786 said:

I will make the point that the Colts could be a top D this year. I don't think we need to overthink what happen, much like Sean McVay's team recovered after being crushed by the Bears. They are doing fine. If this continues for 3-4 weeks then we have a problem. 

Yup agreed.  I'm not ready to hit the see ya later button just yet.  After all the team is 3-1 and there is a lot of season left.  But I'm saying it from now, if Nagy doesn't get this ship turned around on offense now that he made his change at QB then he will deserve the full brunt of criticism he gets and should be on the chopping block come end of year IMO.  

I really think he should consider giving up play calling to Lazor.

27 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

The offense was bad for the most part against the Lions, Giants, and Falcons.

The offense is always bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Ya for sure.  I meant it's a given he's had a better career outside of that one magical SB run.  Still though..he's pretty up there and I'm not sure if he really has much left in the tank.  Not that I think Foles is really going to be some savior for us, just saying I don't really see Rivers being able to keep up with the likes of the Chiefs and Bills come play off time.  

Right on all counts. I was just teasing a bit. Lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah I love when my favorite team in all of sports plays embarrassingly bad and every single one of their weaknesses is exposed in brutal fashion

I dig your passion, I really do. I used to be like you. I kind of feel like something inside me broke with the Trubisky benching; or maybe it was the double-doink, I don't know. Yesterday's loss didn't crush me like most losses do, I kind of laughed and said "yep" when Miller had the ball hit him in the hands, he couldn't complete the catch and it's intercepted. Or all the ******* bull**** calls that seem to go against us. Or how one of the best defensive players in the NFL can't get a ******* holding call to save his life.

It's a joke. This team, this franchise, the whole thing is one stupid ******* joke. The names will change, the coaches and GMs will change, but at the end of the day the McCaskeys will still own this team and Ted Phillips will still be here. NO I'm not calling the McCaskeys cheap or that they are poor owners -- I just don't think they know what they are doing in a football sense. Ditto Phillips.

Edited by G08
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, G08 said:

I dig your passion, I really do. I used to be like you. I kind of feel like something inside me broke with the Trubisky benching; or maybe it was the double-doink, I don't know. Yesterday's loss didn't crush me like most losses do, I kind of laughed and said "yep" when Miller had the ball hit him in the hands, he couldn't complete the catch and it's intercepted. Or all the ******* bull**** calls that seem to go against us. Or how one of the best defensive players in the NFL can't get a ******* holding call to save his life.

It's a joke. This team, this franchise, the whole thing is one stupid ******* joke. The names will change, the coaches and GMs will change, but at the end of the day the McCaskeys will still own this team and Ted Phillips will still be here. NO I'm not calling the McCaskeys cheap or that they are poor owners -- I just don't think they know what they are doing in a football sense. Ditto Phillips.

I have given up on this regime. I no longer have faith in Nagy and I haven't had faith in Pace in a long time.

Now we wait.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The offense was bad for the most part against the Lions, Giants, and Falcons.

The offense is always bad.

Well the key data element is Mitch. Let's see what Foles does in the coming weeks before we throw it all in the garbage. 

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I have given up on this regime. I no longer have faith in Nagy and I haven't had faith in Pace in a long time.

Now we wait.

Disclosure: I'm going full meatball here. We wait for another inevitable rebuild and likely stupid GM hire from McCaskey and Sweaty Teddy...

When will these doofuses realize that they are the root problem and hire someone who actually knows what they are doing football wise to lead this organization from a high level top down?

xD

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I feel the same way. I've been watching the Bears since the **** Jauron era at 17. At 36 it seems like some of that fire is diminished and I think part of it is that we aren't any closer to winning a championship. Foles is not going to win us anything.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Disclosure: I'm going full meatball here. We wait for another inevitable rebuild and likely stupid GM hire from McCaskey and Sweaty Teddy...

When will these doofuses realize that they are the root problem and hire someone who actually knows what they are doing football wise to lead this organization from a high level top down?

xD

Fire Ted purely as a way to reform the organization. An Accountant should not be leading this organization.