Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They aren’t making any moves. This is our yearly reminder that our team is run by a 98 year old women and her incompetent off spring.

Insane. 

Why do people kiss her butt so?   Why does she deserve it?   Like she is queen of England.   I don't even like queen of England.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

@SugashaneYou either fire them all or extend them.

A lame duck year would be a disaster unless you made it a tank year and handcuffed them ie; no trades and no major FAs. 

That would be really unprofessional and insulting though and also cause all kinds of problems and damage morale for players and coaches.  Can't see how you would logistically work that and keep the locker room.

Lame duck  year with Fox was stupid.    Lame duck year with Nagy and/or Pace would be just as stupid.   More so as GM would be making moves without regard to long term.

I agree that's best. I just think they extend Pace one more year. 

I say swing for the fences with both. I'd rather bust massively than accept the same Bears purgatory I've watched almost my whole life. If you bust then you can set yourself up for something like the Jets and Jags situations. I'd rather do that than watch the 8-8 season with an embarrassing show to end the season in the wildcard. 

There are 12 lead football executives in the NFL who have been in their positions since 2015 or longer. Of that group, six have overseen Super Bowl championships. 

Only two of that group have never won a playoff game: Bears' Ryan Pace and Bengals' Mike Brown, who owns the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

They aren’t making any moves. This is our yearly reminder that our team is run by a 98 year old women and her incompetent off spring.

How do we know? Nothing has been announced yet or set in stone. Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow.

I actually think that waiting a few days is the right decision. Let management sleep on it and get it right. Make sure its not a knee jerk based on the last game. The season is over now. Take a few days get it right. It also makes it clear that what happens in the playoff matters. If Nagy and Pace won a few games then maybe the situation would be different, as it should. But what happened was very negative. Absorb that and then remember this isn't one week of failure. It's the fact that Pace neglected the QB position after taking Mitch and then got desperate and traded a 4th for Foles. Then get scared about what he might do with another year of desperation. Think on it...

and then FIRE PACE

16 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

You have to divide by number of possible seasons for each draftee or you'll get results that overweigh earlier drafts. CarAV per season is better than CarAV when comparing recent classes IMO.

I'm not sure why you would do that. CarAV literally stands for 'career approximate value". 

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I agree.

DaBearsBlog is saying they are having a tough time because of how much they like Pace personally, which would be very on brand for the Bears.

This is why the McCaskey's aren't fit to be NFL owners.  The NFL is a results oriented business and not a family & friends one.

They need to take the emotional aspect out of it and operate like a bottom line business would.  The problem is that they don't have much experience with that because they are a bunch of trust fund babies.

You think George Halas would operate like this?

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I agree.

DaBearsBlog is saying they are having a tough time because of how much they like Pace personally, which would be very on brand for the Bears.

I read that tweet and almost destroyed my work computer. DaBearsBlog then goes on to say "it's hard to fire someone who like, maybe it's easy for you, but not for a lot of people."

What... this is a business a very competitive business. You have to find a way to win and stop settling.