Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

Not saying that Pace is a good GM but imagine he wasn't handcuffed with hiring an "experienced old school" coach like Fox when he was first hired as GM?

If he hires an offensive mind from the get go do we end up drafting Trubisky and does the narrative change on this team? Makes we wonder.

Just another stupid decision made by upper management that likely costed us a franchise QB.

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

Fire Ted purely as a way to reform the organization. An Accountant should not be leading this organization. 

Agreed. I mean what does this guy have on the McCaskeys that has allowed him to maintain such a position of power in this organization for so long?  

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pace went all in on this season. He maxed out our cap and we look the same as 2019.

I don't think people understand how bad it is. The Bears will be at 179M next season. That's before dealing with the holes left by Robinson, Trubisky, Gipson, and Ifedi leaving. Next year's salary cap may be 175M.

11 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I don't think people understand how bad it is. The Bears will be at 179M next season. That's before dealing with the holes left by Robinson, Trubisky, Gipson, and Ifedi leaving. Next year's salary cap may be 175M.

Yep, all to try and save himself this season and the offense still sucks and Quinn has worst stats than Leonard Floyd.

47 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed. I mean what does this guy have on the McCaskeys that has allowed him to maintain such a position of power in this organization for so long?  

He convinced Chicago's government to get suckers like me to pay for the Soldier Field renovation.

He's untouchable now.

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Soooo...  Sam Howell in 2022? Or Slovis? 

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Yes.

Desperate GM making desperate moves at QB, should be fun.

This train of thoguht is truly the most terrifying train of thought from Windy

I am not along with the fire Pace ride, think that means Nagy too and it makes sense to let things ride this season. BUT, if they were to do that, is there any way to force a GMs hand to fire sale the expensive and older parts of the team mid year? If we're burning down the house and going with new personnel, they should pick their players, and it would be a lot easier if you didn't have to extend Robinson and could get a pick, move Quinn and Mack back out there. It's a crummy thought but if you're going to start over in a year and need a QB, I'd rather have more picks to trade up or take swings. 

Windy,  what's it feel like to finally have people joining you in the desert at your compound, gotta be nice having help mixing the Kool Aid right? T4A7981.jpg

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

This train of thoguht is truly the most terrifying train of thought from Windy

I am not along with the fire Pace ride, think that means Nagy too and it makes sense to let things ride this season. BUT, if they were to do that, is there any way to force a GMs hand to fire sale the expensive and older parts of the team mid year? If we're burning down the house and going with new personnel, they should pick their players, and it would be a lot easier if you didn't have to extend Robinson and could get a pick, move Quinn and Mack back out there. It's a crummy thought but if you're going to start over in a year and need a QB, I'd rather have more picks to trade up or take swings. 

Windy,  what's it feel like to finally have people joining you in the desert at your compound, gotta be nice having help mixing the Kool Aid right? T4A7981.jpg

I'm of the opinion that Pace is not going to fire sale anybody unless it is apparent by mid season that this team is going no where and he is guaranteed back as the GM in 2021 for another rebuild.  And I have my doubts that another team is going to take on the contracts of guys like Mack and Quinn anyway while also expecting any good draft pick value back for them.

Robinson is a little different because whoever would trade for him doesn't owe him anything beyond 2020 and can in a way control how much he gets on his next contract with the various tags available to use.

This team has a lot of contracts on D beyond this year that are still owed big money.  That tells me Pace is pretty safely entrenched in his role as GM, otherwise he wouldn't have got the green light to go ahead and hand out that kind of money this past offseason.

Nagy on the other hand....he made his move to go to a new QB, so it's put up or shut up time.

This is a bit premature IMO.

@beardown3231 makes a good case in starter post, but there has been a lot of bad luck and context to a lot of bad decisions or decisions that turned out bad as well.

I think it is fair to be upset with the Nagy Pace tenure, especially offensively.    But it is unfair to be throwing them under bus after one bad game with a brand new QB that didn’t win job and didn’t get offseason reps playing against number 1 defense in the league.

But it is fair to be upset that they didn’t go with Foles from day 1 and had a QB competition.   Seems even when they do good, they muck it up.  

Pace never made a crazy reach on any of first rounders.   His only 2nd round reach was Shaheen and Elway loved him as well.  

Other than that all his high round prospects were drafted right around when majority of people expected them to be drafted and he as uncovered some fine players in later rounds.

He never passed on a QB to take a RB in first or anything like that.   He has managed cap well.

A lot of people said White was best WR in draft and everyone had him at least no. 2.    Floyd was just a horrible pick IMO, but a lot of people were really high on him.   MT was probably no. 1 or no. 2 QB on most boards.    Roquan Smith was widely considered safest pick in draft.

Few people disagreed with Mack trade.   

But results are results.  He has this year I think in fans minds and they will want blood after it.   I don’t know that Bears fire them after season though even if it goes south.   They are 3-1 right now.   Maybe worst 3-1 in history, but still 3-1.