Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It is 2020, being bad on the offensive side of the ball isn't really an option.

I agree that everyone has weak spots, but you cannot be flat out BAD on one side of the ball and Pace is BAD at identifying offensive talent.

I don't disagree with you there.  Just like Phil Emery was bad at identifying defensive talent.  It's hard to be good at both.

I'd be all for replacing Pace if you could find me someone who excels at both finding talent on both sides of the football, especially the QB position, which IMO takes a lot of luck too.  Though I'm not really confident in the abilities of upper management to go out and find that guy based on the last two hiring processes.  Are you?

Besides I really do not think Pace is going anywhere anytime soon.  This team will likely finish around 8 wins + or - 1 or 2 wins/losses so I do no think that will be enough to oust Pace.  Nagy though...he may be in trouble if the Foles experiment doesn't work out to at least make us respectable/pushing for PO's.

21 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't disagree with you there.  Just like Phil Emery was bad at identifying defensive talent.  It's hard to be good at both.

I'd be all for replacing Pace if you could find me someone who excels at both finding talent on both sides of the football, especially the QB position, which IMO takes a lot of luck too.  Though I'm not really confident in the abilities of upper management to go out and find that guy based on the last two hiring processes.  Are you?

Besides I really do not think Pace is going anywhere anytime soon.  This team will likely finish around 8 wins + or - 1 or 2 wins/losses so I do no think that will be enough to oust Pace.  Nagy though...he may be in trouble if the Foles experiment doesn't work out to at least make us respectable/pushing for PO's.

I cannot understand keeping Pace and firing Nagy. Nagy may be inept, but the offensive talent is bad.

Flush them both.

2 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

My feel on this team remains, they'll probably go around 9-7 or so and both Pace and Nags stick around, and get to pick a new QB next year.  

Thinking about scenarios in which I'm wrong, it would take both a worse record, and also and offensive collapse to get them gone, right?

I do not know.

I doubt  the McCaskeys want to eat 3 years of their contracts [Nagy 2, Pace 1] in an economically down year. George talks a big game about wanting to win, but in the end he doesn't have the stones to make a bold change unless he is 100% forced to.

41 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot understand keeping Pace and firing Nagy. Nagy may be inept, but the offensive talent is bad.

Flush them both.

You don't have to understand it, but it is a very real possibility. because outside of Trubisky, the point can be made that3 years into Nagy's hire now, the offensive talent is a by product of what Nagy thinks is fine to make his offense function.  The trade for Foles was all Nagy.  Don't be mistaken on thinking it was Pace who pushed for that.

Nagy just made his bed with Foles so if it doesn't work then what next?  They cannot go back to Mitch now or can they?  Who's next Tyler Bray LOL

I also have my doubts that McCaskey and Phillips want to go through another round of seeking consulting services to hire the next GM...

Look at the contracts and investments on D.  Khalil Mack, Robert Quinn Danny T are here for a while yet and those are big Pace moves.

I think they're back too, but I don't like the trajectory.  Obviously they need a new QB next year, and they can't afford a good FA QB. Are they going to mortgage the future (again) and trade up for a top QB, or go with someone at their draft pick?  Then lets say 2021 goes poorly with a combo of Foles+new guy.... do they fire them before 2022 and then the new staff is stuck with someone lese draft pick for QB?

Either way I think the conclusion is clear: watch Golf

13 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think they're back too, but I don't like the trajectory.  Obviously they need a new QB next year, and they can't afford a good FA QB. Are they going to mortgage the future (again) and trade up for a top QB, or go with someone at their draft pick?  Then lets say 2021 goes poorly with a combo of Foles+new guy.... do they fire them before 2022 and then the new staff is stuck with someone lese draft pick for QB?

Either way I think the conclusion is clear: watch Golf

Well I heard that a Bears scout was spotted at the North Dakota State game the other day, presumably to watch Trey Lance in his only live game this year..so ya they may be eyeing a QB in the 1st again.

38 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Well I heard that a Bears scout was spotted at the North Dakota State game the other day, presumably to watch Trey Lance in his only live game this year..so ya they may be eyeing a QB in the 1st again.

They probably are. I just am not sure I want a desperate Pace making a big move for a QB.

55 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They probably are. I just am not sure I want a desperate Pace making a big move for a QB.

Unless it is a balls to the wall move for Lawrence I'm not sure I do either. 

Was talking to my brother and we were discussing this though. It would be interesting to see Joe Hortiz as the GM and Roman as the HC to see them try to go after the 2nd or 3rd pick and getting Fields, since the idea of getting to 1 for Lawrence is almost impossible. Or even Trey Lance in the 10ish range. Roman clearly can adapt to better accommodate a running QB and Jackson's passing accuracy is WAY above what I remember seeing him when I looked pre-draft. 

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

I predict that one day in the not too distant future this board will be talking about how Pace let Trubisky go and hired the wrong guy in Nagy . A double whammy of sorts.

I agree with you too. Unless the team falls apart (like going 6-10) I still think both make it through the 2021 season though.