Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Doesn't matter. That type of game cannot go unaccounted for.

First one to be "benched" is Nagy. He allowed an outmatched group to not only be put on an island but also not to do the one thing they are actually decent at - run block. 

Lazor should be the playcaller for the rest of the season. At least in a real organization. Nagy can keep showing his failures though. Im at least happy he will likely drop to under .500 as a HC now. Sixl of hearing no losing records or winning career record. He earned none of that and piggybacked off the defense. Trestman could be a .500 coach on the same situation. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I have said Nagy reminds me of every bad coach I have ever known.   He runs a bunch of plays in practice and relies on talent to win.  When he has overwhelming talent he will win and when he doesn't he won't.   

Yup, and another mea culpa presser isn't gonna convince anyone Nagy has the faintest phuc'n clue of what to do next.  He's like a fry cook at McDonald's being turned loose in the kitchen of a 5 Star restaurant and asked to be the head chef for the night.  He hasn't a single clue of what to do next other than to show up and make the same hollow excuses and promises he's made 100 times before.

Here ya' go Matt.  Here's how well you game plan worked.  Here's Garrett upending your prize rookie QB while your two OGs look on.  If their uni pants had pockets their hands would be in them.  Did anyone block anyone at all yesterday or was Sunday a vets day off too?

CT_IC_1017910049_1017975348_001-0927_CT-CT 09262021-ct-bears-browns-69(2).JPG

Edited by soulman

35 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That being said maybe someone else on roster is better than Peters.

I don't trust Nagy to know after watching Long in practice and him still starting.

It's like practice doesn't matter to these guys.  

If they practiced all week for that they were wasting their time.  Give 'em all next week off to clear their heads of the completes ***** they made of themselves.  They couldn't come out any worse.

23 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Rookie QBs are 1-10 this year so far, Mac Jones being the only one with a win.  Fields can succeed, but it doesn't look like Nagy wants him to. 

No QB could have done much better with that lack of protection and game plan.  The only difference is that if it was Brady he'd have been in Nagy's face chewing on his *** to get him some protection and Rodgers would have benched himself and told Nagy to put Foles in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Nagy’s lack of accountability doesn’t come from nowhere.

Good organizations hold everyone accountable. The drive to succeed permeates downward, from ownership to the GM to the coaches to the players.

Bears aren’t a good organization. They stared this problem in the face and said we’re doubling down on this flawed regime.

This is unfortunately true. Their is very little financial incentive to win with pooling of profits. They have a rabid fanbase that will stick around no matter what. We need these bums to be gone and have someone who cares about winning more than anything else. 

2 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Rookie QBs are 1-10 this year so far, Mac Jones being the only one with a win.  Fields can succeed, but it doesn't look like Nagy wants him to. 

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/matt-nagy-is-being-openly-accused-of-sabotaging-justin-fields/

I'm not alone in my belief Nagy was intentionally throwing the game and putting Fields in an unwinnable situation. 

So some real talk going forward. We stand a VERY strong chance of going 0-6 in the next 6.

Week 4: Detroit: They've been playing everyone they've faced close, and barely lost because of a 66 yard FG.... Winnable game, but after seeing the trainwreck of our offense last week I'd actually favor the Lions...

Week 5: Las Vegas: They're undefeated atm I'd bet on this being a loss

Week 6: Green Bay: Rodgers gonna Rodgers. Nothing in the Nagy era demonstrates that we're competitive with GB under Rodgers.

Week 7: Tampa Bay: Sbowl Champs, Tom Brady and he'll be pissed about last year's upset win.

Week 8: San Francisco: They're a team competitive with GB, which is a different level than this team atm.

Week 9: Pittsburgh: Arguably have an even better Pass rush than Cleveland did.  If Borom and Jenkins aren't both in by this point, and both playing way better than rookie OTs have any business playing, this is gonna be an ugly game too. Add to the fact that we've been out of the playoffs for a few weeks already and I think a lot of players start quitting on the team.

1-8 in the first 9 games and we frankly still sucked in that 1 win.  I don't see how Nagy (and likely Pace) can survive this stretch of games, let alone this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

So some real talk going forward. We stand a VERY strong chance of going 0-6 in the next 6.

Week 4: Detroit: They've been playing everyone they've faced close, and barely lost because of a 66 yard FG.... Winnable game, but after seeing the trainwreck of our offense last week I'd actually favor the Lions...

Week 5: Las Vegas: They're undefeated atm I'd bet on this being a loss

Week 6: Green Bay: Rodgers gonna Rodgers. Nothing in the Nagy era demonstrates that we're competitive with GB under Rodgers.

Week 7: Tampa Bay: Sbowl Champs, Tom Brady and he'll be pissed about last year's upset win.

Week 8: San Francisco: They're a team competitive with GB, which is a different level than this team atm.

Week 9: Pittsburgh: Arguably have an even better Pass rush than Cleveland did.  If Borom and Jenkins aren't both in by this point, and both playing way better than rookie OTs have any business playing, this is gonna be an ugly game too. Add to the fact that we've been out of the playoffs for a few weeks already and I think a lot of players start quitting on the team.

1-8 in the first 9 games and we frankly still sucked in that 1 win.  I don't see how Nagy (and likely Pace) can survive this stretch of games, let alone this season.

Schedule makers did Nagy/Pace no favors.  Been saying it all offseason.  Last year was the year to make hay.    

As clear as it is I want Shane Waldron as our next HC so we can get that McVay/Shanahan offence as well as access to the coaching tree I have to say when I was watching the Seahawks this week I was really impressed with the Vikings offence...if you can't get a Shanahan then why not get a Kubiak who had such an influence on that scheme?...Klint Kubiak isn't very experienced but he has that offence rolling right now...the big concern with him would be building a staff but with a dad who was around for so long that could open up some doors...he would probably be my 4th or 5th choice right now but if he keeps this up that could change quickly.

20 hours ago, G08 said:

Dan Orlovsky is my twin brother.

No one and I mean no one in this entire country believes that Justin Fields can't play.  He proved that many times over at OSU.

What no one believes is that Matt Nagy can coach.  He can't.

Orlovsky said out loud what we're all feeling or saying now.  Matt Nagy and his staff had nearly 5 months to begin creating schemes and plays specifically for Justin Fields.  Where were they?

What have they been doing for 5 months?  There was no need to scheme for Andy Dalton.  He could run that dink and dunk offense in his sleep.  The focus should have been on Fields.....but it wasn't.  Not all spring.  Not in camp. Not even in the preseason.  It was malpractice not practice.

Come one GMcC.  You have a $3.5 billion dollar franchise that probably rakes in $350 million dollars a year in revenue and you won't fire a $3 million dollar HC who can't do his job and is risking damaging yet another highly drafted QB because he's either to stubborn or simply too incompetent to change.  The fact that Nagy is still coaching as of today says it all.

So I'll say it out loud.

Sell the phuc'n team or step aside, you and Teddy Bears, and hire competent NFL people to run it for you while you clip coupons.  Stop playing owner as if you had even a foggy idea of what you're doing.  You're not a Halas.  You're a McCaskey.  Son of a guy GSH called the dumbest SOB he'd ever met.  It's in the genes George.  First Mikey then you.  Neither of you could build the winner your grandfather and Jim Finks did.  Not even close.  Step down or sell, soon.

• Like 1

@dll2000I said this on another forum on Thursday, September 23rd:

I mean if this IS true and these idiots actually have a plan in place, I mean Jesus Christ I'm over the ******* moon!

I'd expect to see a ton of what Fields liked from his Ohio State days (Nagy and Day are buddies), see more designed QB runs and RPOs, etc. It just makes too much sense, which is what gives me an overwhelming sense of anxiety that Nagy is going to **** it up and try to ram "his offense" down Fields' throat.

Edited by G08
  • Like 2

Packer fan here.  Saw the game, came over to offer my condolences.  

Happy to see fault isn't being dealt to Fields.  We know whose fault it was.  Every fan knows.

Here's the thing about Fields, and you probably know this.  He's an Ohio State QB.  Whenever he took the field in college, he had more talent on his side of the ball than the other team.  It's how it work for OSU for almost all of their games.  Fields is not a "frontrunner", but he is certainly used to being on top teams.  

And that is not the case in Chicago.  The o-line is bad.  Skill positions are okay.  Maybe even better than okay.  

If you want Fields to succeed, long term, he can't play behind that line.  All it will do is get into his head.  Dude should sit this entire year, and Chicago needs to acquire top end o-line talent.  Either free agency or via a trade.  You supplement that talent with draft picks.  

Hopefully this shallacking Fields took doesn't hurt his confidence or make him skittish.

I feel for all of yah.  Even as a rival.

BTW...Allen Robinson.  Is he now "cooked"?  Haven't seen him on a single highlight yet.  Or is he too being "Nagied".

Roquan Smith.  I saw his splash play.  He was around top 5 for ILB on PFF prior to last week.  Now he's #60.  Small sample size, but is he disappointing for his draft status?  Or is he just an "up and down" player depending on the week.  I'm curious.

• Like 1