Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

How is Nagy still employed?  He ruined Trubisky, he put Fields in a no win situation and did nothing to help.  Nagy is clearly not qualified to be a head coach.  Now he said all 3 QBs are 'in consideration' to play this week against Detroit.  I would be tempted to start Fields again, the Lions aren't  good team and we've had success against them in the past.  I would if Lazor calls plays(and it's obvious he should)  Nagy has too much of an ego to let that happen. 

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Packer fan here.  Saw the game, came over to offer my condolences.  

Thank you, that's very kind and it hurts

Happy to see fault isn't being dealt to Fields.  We know whose fault it was.  Every fan knows.

He was actually pretty ****ty but was doomed with than plan

Here's the thing about Fields, and you probably know this.  He's an Ohio State QB.  Whenever he took the field in college, he had more talent on his side of the ball than the other team.  It's how it work for OSU for almost all of their games.  Fields is not a "frontrunner", but he is certainly used to being on top teams.  

I think he might be figuring out he's not in Ohio in a hurry

And that is not the case in Chicago.  The o-line is bad.  Skill positions are okay.  Maybe even better than okay.  

Agreed completely, but evaluating the skill positions is still tricky since we're schizophrenic in the gap between the talent we brought in and what we ask them to do (ie, lots of fast guys to get down the field when we're trying to play Daltonball)

If you want Fields to succeed, long term, he can't play behind that line.  All it will do is get into his head.  Dude should sit this entire year, and Chicago needs to acquire top end o-line talent.  Either free agency or via a trade.  You supplement that talent with draft picks.  

Can we borrow some draft picks?

Hopefully this shallacking Fields took doesn't hurt his confidence or make him skittish.

I feel for all of yah.  Even as a rival.

BTW...Allen Robinson.  Is he now "cooked"?  Haven't seen him on a single highlight yet.  Or is he too being "Nagied".

He is a great WR that has a knack for playing down to the talent around him at the worst time. 

Roquan Smith.  I saw his splash play.  He was around top 5 for ILB on PFF prior to last week.  Now he's #60.  Small sample size, but is he disappointing for his draft status?  Or is he just an "up and down" player depending on the week.  I'm curious.

Smith is one of the bright spots,  he had a lot of great plays this season and really complements our line, just doesn't result in a ton of huge highlights but we would be in trouble without him.  Probably played at Pro Bowl level so far. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Happy to see fault isn't being dealt to Fields.  We know whose fault it was.  Every fan knows.

Here's the thing about Fields, and you probably know this.  He's an Ohio State QB.  Whenever he took the field in college, he had more talent on his side of the ball than the other team.  It's how it work for OSU for almost all of their games.  Fields is not a "frontrunner", but he is certainly used to being on top teams.  

And that is not the case in Chicago.  The o-line is bad.  Skill positions are okay.  Maybe even better than okay.  

If you want Fields to succeed, long term, he can't play behind that line.  All it will do is get into his head.  Dude should sit this entire year, and Chicago needs to acquire top end o-line talent.  Either free agency or via a trade.  You supplement that talent with draft picks.  

Hopefully this shallacking Fields took doesn't hurt his confidence or make him skittish.

BTW...Allen Robinson.  Is he now "cooked"?  Haven't seen him on a single highlight yet.  Or is he too being "Nagied".

Roquan Smith.  I saw his splash play.  He was around top 5 for ILB on PFF prior to last week.  Now he's #60.  Small sample size, but is he disappointing for his draft status?  Or is he just an "up and down" player depending on the week.  I'm curious.

Roquan is probably a top-3 ILB. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If you ever needed proof PFF is pretty useless this is it 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

How is Nagy still employed?  He ruined Trubisky, he put Fields in a no win situation and did nothing to help.  Nagy is clearly not qualified to be a head coach.  Now he said all 3 QBs are 'in consideration' to play this week against Detroit.  I would be tempted to start Fields again, the Lions aren't  good team and we've had success against them in the past.  I would if Lazor calls plays(and it's obvious he should)  Nagy has too much of an ego to let that happen. 

Foles might be an option over Fields if the rumors from "DaBearsBlog" are accurate (and he's been a pretty solid insider previously).... Basically Nagy could be fired if we lose to Detroit. 

Knowing that, he may opt for a more experienced qb to pin his hopes on.

The wild card here, is will Foles really want to save Nagy? He seems to be the most critical qb of the scheme in general, and probably didn't appreciate getting benched for basically the same guy, but ginger, in Dalton. If Nagy has "lost" anyone in that locker room, it's gotta be Foles (I think Jimmy Graham is probably #2 on that list fwiw) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

No QB is good when he isn't being protected.   You know from first Tampa Bay game last year.  Rodgers had bad game at height of his powers.   But it is especially true with rookie QBs.

Having superior talent can effect an evaluation, but Fields is good regardless of playing at Ohio St.   Remains to be seen whether Bears will ruin him or not.

Yes, not protecting a QB can ruin him though bad habits and injury.  We hope that doesn't happen.

Robinson is not cooked.  He is a good football player, but he is not a seperation guy.   He is a 50/50 ball player and a tough runner after catch.

Smith is a good football player.   He is quick and a play maker.   He is an underrated blitzer.   He can't take on blocks as he is too small.   He would look better if defense wasn't left on field for 3/4 of every game.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

We can't hear your criticisms all the way out here in the suburbs. Plus, this track has plenty of sand for us to bury our heads in!

I am in burbs.  LOL.  Looking forward to going to Arlington to watch games. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, vegas492 said:

I can provide some answers to some of this.

ARob has earned an extension but didn't get it seemingly because Matt Nagy all of a sudden decided he needed a couple more 5'9"/180lb "Smurf type" WRs who run 4.2-4.3 40s to make his offense work instead of a 6'2"/215lb who runs a 4.5-4.6 WR whose been his most productive offensive player for 3 years..

He also decided to move ARob into the slot where he's seldom played and play the guy who actually is a slot receiver as a flanker.  Gotta have all that speed playing wide even though most of the time these guys are running routs that end 15 yards or less from the LOS.  Nagy runs his offense like a wife who likes to rearrange all of the furniture once a month.

The OL has some reasonably talented players but it's much the same there.  Every year when they show up Nagy has a new scheme for them to play.  The current one required all of them to gain about 20lbs or so and become "maulers" instead of technique guys who were drafted to play in a more finesse style zone blocking scheme.  So.....even more rearranging.

Imagine you worked at a place where every time you showed up for work on Monday the boss tells you that the production line has been changed and your job is not the same today as it was when you left work on Friday.  You're right handed but now you need to work left handed facing the machine at a 45 degree angle rather than straight on.....then it all changes again.

Offensively Matt Nagy's schemes and play calls don't work but he keeps deceiving himself into believing that if he only had ___________ or could change just this one thing it would all fall into place and his offensive genius would be proven.  Of course it never does but he keeps throwing Nagy "pasta" at the walls to see if anything at all will stick.  He's not an NFL level HC.

As for Roquan Smith and PFF all I can tell you is stop wasting time with PFF rankings.  Even they can't explain their methodology.  For all anyone knows the guy who ranked Smith #5 one week isn't the same guy who ranked him #60 the next week.  It's like asking a GB native who serves the best Friday Perch Fry. You may get a dozen different opinions.

He's one of the best ILB in the NFL and also one of the 1st round picks Pace didn't screw up but with a new DC how he's being used week to week may change.  So what is PFF's criteria for judging how well or poorly Smith played?  Many of us feel PFF ratings and rankings are a joke.  I'd gladly take an entire team full of various sized Roquan Smiths.

There may be some holes in the defense and players who aren't living up to expectations but Roquan Smith isn't one of them.  That guy would be Eddie Jackson.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, vegas492 said:

Not arguing against that at all.  And I know they are pretty critical of Smith in particular.

That's OK.  We're all pretty critical of PFF and their rankings as well.

In most cases if you followed their rankings to build your roster you'd be drafting first overall each year more often than not.

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am in burbs.  LOL.  Looking forward to going to Arlington to watch games. 

You didn't hear?  That plan has been trashed.  Nagy said he believes if they move to Gary, Indiana his offense will improve.  His plan requires they play farther south not farther north.  🤣

On 10/1/2021 at 11:06 AM, dll2000 said:

May be an image of brick wall and text that says 'THE WIENERS ViennaDeef Vienna CIRCLE HEY JAGBAGS SACK PACE AND NAGY FIREPACENAG'

For those who don't know this is a famous Chicago location.

That's classic. I've been to that place a few times.

I'm stumped, though. And will maybe (probably) feel stupid once it's explained to me...but, who is "Jagbags"? 🤔