Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

44 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's classic. I've been to that place a few times.

I'm stumped, though. And will maybe (probably) feel stupid once it's explained to me...but, who is "Jagbags"? 🤔

I would guess the McCs, but who knows with that place.  Actually a pretty ****ty hot dog but in my younger days I used to love taking cliens/vendors there when they were in town for shows or events and making sure they got their chocolate shake, once had a really dull cerebral trading programmer type client go BACK to do it again to make sure we got it on video to send to his wife (???) that guy acted like it was the best thing he'd ever seen. There are about a thousand better dogs in the city though. Unless DLL is right about Chicago and they've all been taken over by gangs of radioactive CHUDs or something.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I would guess the McCs, but who knows with that place.  

I suppose that's right? Still don't get the term, though. Glad I'm not the only one. 

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Actually a pretty ****ty hot dog but in my younger days I used to love taking cliens/vendors there when they were in town for shows or events and making sure they got their chocolate shake, once had a really dull cerebral trading programmer type client go BACK to do it again to make sure we got it on video to send to his wife (???) that guy acted like it was the best thing he'd ever seen.

It's been a while for me, but as I recall, the menu was tiny...

24 minutes ago, soulman said:

Unless they put ketchup and sauerkraut on it how in the hell can they screw up a hot dog?

There's only one way to make a proper Chicago Dog and everyone knows how that works.

Yeah, they're standard Vienna Beef dogs...so that part is solid. 

I resent the sauerkraut comment (😁), but if I'm remembering the place right...it's just not a lot of choices that is the problem. 

• Like 2

When you guys traded up for Fields I always thought you would fire your GM+HC right when he needs to develop, then you'd bring in a coach that doesn't fit Fields play style and he'd further ruin Fields development.

It will be interesting to see what happens

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, viking said:

When you guys traded up for Fields I always thought you would fire your GM+HC right when he needs to develop, then you'd bring in a coach that doesn't fit Fields play style and he'd further ruin Fields development.

Our next HC will be hired only because he fits Fields style of play.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, they're standard Vienna Beef dogs...so that part is solid. 

I resent the sauerkraut comment (😁), but if I'm remembering the place right...it's just not a lot of choices that is the problem. 

I like sauerkraut on a Brat sometimes but not on a Chicago Dog.  That's gotta be just so.

We've got a few places out here that can make a good one.  One place is called "Mustard's Last Stand".  LOL

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, viking said:

Not likely that the GM who engineered the trade to get Fields was gonna get fired over that now would it?   And he's also the GM who selected Matt Nagy as his HC so we all knew Nagy would at least get a shot with Fields.  He wasn't gonna get replaced in May.

All he's proven so far is that Trubisky not being his kinda guy was pure crap.  Three others beside Trubisky have or are struggling with his schemes and play calling too.  No one can run that offense successfully and Nagy has no idea how to change it or simply won't.

The ONLY reason Nagy may last out the season is the Bears have never fired a HC mid season in their entire history and the McCaskey Clan is probably not gonna call attention to themselves and be the first to do it. This could easily be the worst season we've had yet.

But if Nagy isn't fired after this season you're gonna see a major revolt by Bears fans.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Our next HC will be hired only because he fits Fields style of play.

The same was said when Fox was fired and Nagy was hired, then again when Helfrich was fired and Lazor and DeFilippo were hired. We’ll see what happens going forward but with the track record I don’t have much hope. 

5 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

The same was said when Fox was fired and Nagy was hired, then again when Helfrich was fired and Lazor and DeFilippo were hired. We’ll see what happens going forward but with the track record I don’t have much hope. 

Only really applied to Nagy.

3 hours ago, soulman said:

I like sauerkraut on a Brat sometimes but not on a Chicago Dog.  That's gotta be just so.

Sauerkraut is just fine on any kinda dog. To suggest otherwise is un-American! 😉

3 hours ago, soulman said:

We've got a few places out here that can make a good one.  One place is called "Mustard's Last Stand".  LOL

"Mustard's Last Stand" is an epic name. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I suppose that's right? Still don't get the term, though. Glad I'm not the only one.

Jagbag is the dumbest way to call someone a jerkoff or d-bag I've ever heard. If I hear someone say it I automatically think their parents are cousins. *** shrugs***

5 hours ago, soulman said:

Unless they put ketchup and sauerkraut on it how in the hell can they screw up a hot dog?

There's only one way to make a proper Chicago Dog and everyone knows how that works.

Sir I'm 270 pounds of twisted steel, sex appeal, and gluttonous appetite. I'd still likely eat the hot dog with both ketchup and sauerkraut.

• Like 2

Just read a stat that is mind blowing this morning...we all saw the 9 sacks last week and focused on that number...but on top of that there were another 6 QB hits...that means in total Fields was hit on 75% of his passing drop backs...that has to be a record...how is Nagy still in a job?

• Like 1