Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Just read a stat that is mind blowing this morning...we all saw the 9 sacks last week and focused on that number...but on top of that there were another 6 QB hits...that means in total Fields was hit on 75% of his passing drop backs...that has to be a record...how is Nagy still in a job?

I don't say this as a defense of Nagy, because trust me he's a cowardly idiot, but Fields has to be a lot better today. He needs to get rid of the ball or let his athleticism do some of the work. He was very underwhelming vs Cleveland

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't say this as a defense of Nagy, because trust me he's a cowardly idiot, but Fields has to be a lot better today. He needs to get rid of the ball or let his athleticism do some of the work. He was very underwhelming vs Cleveland

No doubt Fields need to play better...I don't think anyone would disagree with that...but as a coach when you see a guy is struggling you can't just keep doing the same thing...surely he has plays designed to provide more protection...something to get him out the pocket...hell just say to Robinson to run a slant to give him a quick throw to a big target...when was the last time we ran a screen to try and slow down a pass rush? We have two athletic guards and we don't even use them...it is insanity.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

As much as I want them to roll the pocket out sideways, it would also be good to see some presnap motion.  Seems instead like Nagy wants to get the call in late, and then have Fields turn into Tom Brady and get the ball out in .5 seconds.

"The longer you wait before giving the team the play, the less time the defense has to adjust."

-Matt Nagy (probably)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

Of course it could go on and on, because we had great conversations between coaches and coaches and players and players.

That's probably my favorite. 

I swear this clown uses sock puppets for his coach meetings. Probably uses an old pair of Reid's for advice. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Sauerkraut is just fine on any kinda dog. To suggest otherwise is un-American! 😉

"Mustard's Last Stand" is an epic name. 

Then you must have more German genes in you than I have.  LOL

A Chicago Dog has a very specific set of ingredients or it's not a Chicago Dog.  Sauerkraut would make it more of a Jersey Dog, or a New York Dog.  Seems to be an east coast thing.

Although I prefer it on a brat I can handle it on certain types of hot dogs too just not on one I'm doing up in official Chicago style.  Then it's mustard, onion, relish, tomato slices, a dill pickle spear, and sport peppers sprinkled with celery salt and served on a steamed poppy seed bun.  🌭

what-goes-into-a-chicago-style-dog-15947

Edited by soulman

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Sir I'm 270 pounds of twisted steel, sex appeal, and gluttonous appetite. I'd still likely eat the hot dog with both ketchup and sauerkraut.

OK, if you say so but you left out brain dead.......LOL.  Ketchup on a hot dog.....disgusting. 😝

Here, this is simple.  Ketchup goes on a hamburger and fries.  Sauerkraut is what Germans eat with pork roasts and such or on blander sausages like brats.  Only kids ask for ketchup on a hot dog and they're forgiven 'cause they're too young to know any better.  😛

In Chicago you can get arrested for walking into a hot dog stand and ordering one that way.  🤣

I think we may need a separate thread for pizza wars and hot dog wars.  LOL

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Obviously. He knows what he's doing.

Well according to him anyway.

Something just dawned on me this morning.

Since we're now over the excitement of Fields first start and in need of something else we can salivate over I've chosen to look forward to each upcoming game as the one after which Nagy actually may be fired.  How many more games like last Sunday would it take.....really??

So.....that will be my apathy reliever.  Since I'm already beginning to suspect a string of losses predicting after which one the axe may fall and dealing with that sounds like more fun than looking forward to seeing yet another rookie QB used and abused in Nagy's offense.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, soulman said:

Then you must have more German genes in you than I have.  LOL

I'd imagine so. I forget what percentage of me is German (I had to figure it out for a high school project once upon a time), but it's really high. 😆

34 minutes ago, soulman said:

A Chicago Dog has a very specific set of ingredients or it's not a Chicago Dog.  Sauerkraut would make it more of a Jersey Dog, or a New York Dog.  Seems to be an east coast thing.

Ohhh, I gotcha now. I was confused. Yeah, Chicago Dogs are really good. And they're made a specific way--no sauerkraut in that mix. That would be like calling something a "bacon cheeseburger" when there was no bacon on the burger, but lots of mushrooms. 

24 minutes ago, soulman said:

OK, if you say so but you left out brain dead.......LOL.  Ketchup on a hot dog.....disgusting. 😝

Yeah...no ketchup on hot dogs. Ever. Royko had a classic piece on that, back in the day. 

• Like 2