Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Nagy at his 11:45 am presser today: "Well, that’s news to me. But at the same point in time, I’ll be able to talk to him and see what that’s all about. But Jaylon’s been doing great. Again, for what it is and where we’re at, I’ll be able to discuss it with him."

So is Nagy saying he doesn’t know about the fine for Johnson being late. That seems crazier than the fine itself, how does the HC not know about the fine(that is if he’s not lying). 

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would disagree a little...there is no one I would pick from that 2017 team over what we have in 2021 which is even more concerning...

My problem is that we are taking talented players and putting them in a broken system...at this point I honestly think we could bring Mahomes or Allen here and they would look significantly worse...bring Kelce or Kettle here and I think they would get bored of how little they would be involved...bring Diggs or Chase here and again we would still be asking them to run stupid curl routes...I just think the scheme has no identity or even philosophies...I would love to hear Nagy actually explain what we are trying to do offensively because I am not sure he would be able to at this point.  

You would pick a healthy Miller over Kmet? Cohen was a big play waiting to happen his rookie year too. Herbert looked really good but only in one game so far. I'm actually surprised a bit. 

Agree on the second paragraph. He's never had a real system and wont now. Id damn near be willing to trade for a real coach. 

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

So is Nagy saying he doesn’t know about the fine for Johnson being late. That seems crazier than the fine itself, how does the HC not know about the fine(that is if he’s not lying). 

Halas Hall is a joke if he actually doesn't know. I'm betting he's just full of **** though. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

55 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Halas Hall is a joke if he actually doesn't know. I'm betting he's just full of **** though. 

I think Nagy is saying he didn't know about the social media post, not the fine itself

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

You would pick a healthy Miller over Kmet? Cohen was a big play waiting to happen his rookie year too. Herbert looked really good but only in one game so far. I'm actually surprised a bit. 

Agree on the second paragraph. He's never had a real system and wont now. Id damn near be willing to trade for a real coach. 

I would yeah...I think we all remember Miller fondly but he wasn't a great talent...I think Kmet can be a really good inline TE in this league if he gets a coach who actually knows how to use him...I have never been a big fan of Cohen and would without doubt take the combination of Williams & Herbert over him...

If I though we could land  Sean Payton for a 1st I would do it in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Either he is saying he didn't know about it...or he didn't know that Jaylon had made it public knowledge...either way for a head coach to go into a presser seemingly having no idea of either is a representation of how poor this guy actually is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Acquiring a journeyman FA QB from outside and teaching him your system and way you do things while your first round QB sits and watches on a non-contending team makes no sense at all to me.   Even if vet QB can learn it fast.   Pace did it twice.

The real rub is that Fields was one of the three rookies best poised to start immediately. 

But no. 

Because reasons. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I think Nagy is saying he didn't know about the social media post, not the fine itself

If so then that is understandable and I'll fully withdraw my criticism. Having only had a fake account for like 20 minutes I've seen more twitter on this forum than anywhere else combined. I'd have never known if it wasn't posted. lol

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

You...realize he played college football, right? 🤨

You mean like the other thousands who never played well in the NFL?

No, had no clue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would yeah...I think we all remember Miller fondly but he wasn't a great talent...I think Kmet can be a really good inline TE in this league if he gets a coach who actually knows how to use him...I have never been a big fan of Cohen and would without doubt take the combination of Williams & Herbert over him...

If I though we could land  Sean Payton for a 1st I would do it in a heartbeat.

Ah. I see the disconnect.

I wasn't speaking long term, just that 2017 version vs the 2021 version. One season vs the other. Miller was never great but before the injury he would be the best receiver between the two, but Kmet definitely has the chance to grow and develop. I've never been a fan of his so I think his ceiling is pretty damn low for a 2nd rounder, but still would take him with potential over Miller. That Miller was at the best he was going to be and would have declined soon anyway.

With your view that is totally fair and I have no arguments whatsoever.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Most 6th round picks suck. I think any rookie who was taken 217th overall performing *this* well can be described as "surprising," no?

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You mean like the other thousands who never played well in the NFL?

No, had no clue.

Apologies all around. 

When he was drafted, I looked up footage of his play in college.

Before posting, I should have realized not everybody did that. 

Sorry! I'll retreat to my happy place now...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Apologies all around. 

When he was drafted, I looked up footage of his play in college.

Before posting, I should have realized not everybody did that. 

Sorry! I'll retreat to my happy place now...

Gotcha. I didn't realize having good college tape ensured one would be good in the pros. We need to get some scouts in on this. I guess the other 31 teams never looked and saw it.

While RB is likely the easiest transition from college to pro, most still have an adjustment period. Henry is by far the best runner and didn't start hot by any means. Shockingly his tape was WAY better than Herbert's too.

Let's be real, the Packers are giving up 4.5 YPC for the season too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Most 6th round picks suck. I think any rookie who was taken 217th overall performing *this* well can be described as "surprising," no?

Hoge and Jahns said he stood out in practices all offseason and camp as well. 

• Like 1