Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

5 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Couldn't agree more. Even if Ted has done no wrong, fire him anyways. The buddy-buddy mentality has to go. It's time to look at ROI on all executive positions. Run this like a business. The show Succession is probably based off the McCaskys.  

Heard succession is a good show. Will definitely watch now that you mentioned that 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Couldn't agree more. Even if Ted has done no wrong, fire him anyways. The buddy-buddy mentality has to go. It's time to look at ROI on all executive positions. Run this like a business. The show Succession is probably based off the McCaskys.  

Well isn’t that kind of the problem?  They are running it like a business and theyre still making money.  Enough to drop almost $200m for a lot in Arlington heights for a new stadium which will cost over a billion, plus another $85m to break their current lease.  As far as they’re concerned, things are going great.  Who needs a Lombardi trophy when you’re making $$$$?  I’d say the opposite mindset is where we should be at.

• Like 1

One thing that shouldn't be overlooked when discussing firing Pace in addition to Nagy is that Justin Fields is Ryan Pace's pick and you know he's going to be committed to trying to make him succeed,so if he stays then the HC hire will be focused around someone who is also high on Fields and who believes he can coax out all of his ability.

If you fire Pace then now you gotta find both a GM and HC combo that both believe in Fields and are committed to his development which may narrow the amount of options available. 

This is not me suggesting that Fields is not a top prospect with loads of potential, but the reality is that he was the 4th QB selected in his draft class and got passed over by some QB needy teams so he may not be as highly sought after as we would all would like to believe.

The goal here is to get the best HC available to untap all the potential in Fields and to get this offense functioning at a high level.

All that said..I think that definitely helps Pace's cause to return as GM of this team

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

All that said..I think that definitely helps Pace's cause to return as GM of this team

Any GM's primary goal (without an entrenched HOF QB) is to commit for the QB to grow and succeed. It was his goal with Tru, they made moves for Dalton and Foles because they thought they could right the ship, and now they have Fields and the offense having the worst offensive output in nearly 20 years. Pace having it as a goal hasn't meant squat so far, and I don't think he has the chops to do put a good offense around him or find a good HC. The only thing the offense has shown consistently is regression year to year. The good news is that statistically it will be remarkably easy for the next crew to outperform it, just like when we moved on from Mel Tucker and an aging defense.

Sign me up for a swing for the fences. Either you get Fields playing like a legit franchise QB or you scrap him and start over after his 4th year. We're a year late on scrapping Nagy and Pace IMO. If the GM and HC aren't super high on Fields then move on, or let them know if they get him playing at a good enough level to start but not a franchise QB in their eyes they can trade him year 4 (or franchise and trade year 5) and pick their own guy. IDGAF at this point. I want to see development and not get outcoached on a regular basis.

3 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I don’t think Fields is a reason to keep Pace. Find a better GM and let that guy worry about what to do with Fields. The Cardinals moved on from Josh Rosen after a year and now they’re a Super Bowl contender.

As much as I truthfully do believe believe that Fields is going to turn out to be the guy I do agree with this...when people say drafting the wrong QB sets your franchise back 3 or 4 years I really don't agree with it for the simple fact that if things go that badly with Fields we will be picking really high again in 2023 and you take another QB...

That said I can see see this argument from both sides...if Pace is here I have no doubt he tries to do everything he can to not have a 2nd QB failure on his hands and would try and get the best coach to work with Fields...but I just feel if I was the best coach and had options I am going somewhere that the GM isn't on a shorter leash...

As I have said I have always liked Pace but if you gave me the option of the 3rd best HC candidate and Pace or the best HC and a new GM I am taking that all day long.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

One thing that shouldn't be overlooked when discussing firing Pace in addition to Nagy is that Justin Fields is Ryan Pace's pick and you know he's going to be committed to trying to make him succeed,so if he stays then the HC hire will be focused around someone who is also high on Fields and who believes he can coax out all of his ability.

If you fire Pace then now you gotta find both a GM and HC combo that both believe in Fields and are committed to his development which may narrow the amount of options available. 

This is not me suggesting that Fields is not a top prospect with loads of potential, but the reality is that he was the 4th QB selected in his draft class and got passed over by some QB needy teams so he may not be as highly sought after as we would all would like to believe.

The goal here is to get the best HC available to untap all the potential in Fields and to get this offense functioning at a high level.

I love the potential that Fields has.  I really do.  But isn't this the mindset that went into drafting Tru and hiring Nagy?  How did that work out?

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The man is not wrong.

So many Bears greats (or Bears “very solids”) from that era have been weighing in lately and all seem pretty disgusted with this team.  Briggs, Kreutz, Alex Brown, and now Forte.  I know ownerships goal isnt to please your former players, but that’s gotta mean something to them you’d hope.  When all these former fan favorites Bears alum are publicly trashing your team/coaches/players that’s gotta be pretty embarrassing.  Can only hope it leads to meaningful change.

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Yes he is.

The Bears are not "very talented." The secondary sucks. Nichols, Edwards, and Goldman are JAG's. Mooney and Robinson are overrated. Kmet and Graham stink. The OL blows. 

I honestly don't believe that...are we as talented as the Bucs? No...are we as talented as that GB roster outside of Rodgers? 100% IMO.

38 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I honestly don't believe that...are we as talented as the Bucs? No...are we as talented as that GB roster outside of Rodgers? 100% IMO.

Why qualify it though? Getting the QB is probably the toughest part of building a team.

Not only that, but the Packers have been propped up by Rodgers’ talent for years and would likely be a mediocre team (like the Bears) without him.

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Why qualify it though? Getting the QB is probably the toughest part of building a team.

Not only that, but the Packers have been propped up by Rodgers’ talent for years and would likely be a mediocre team (like the Bears) without him.

You need to quality it though because that can't be argued...can the fact the rest of our roster is better than theirs? absolutely.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You need to quality it though because that can't be argued...can the fact the rest of our roster is better than theirs? absolutely.

But what point does that even illustrate? If we remove Rodgers, their roster isn’t anything special nor would they be a contender for anything. Is that the bar for evaluating Pace as a GM? Is acquiring a great QB not part of Pace’s job?

3 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

But what point does that even illustrate? If we remove Rodgers, their roster isn’t anything special nor would they be a contender for anything. Is that the bar for evaluating Pace as a GM? Is acquiring a great QB not part of Pace’s job?

Of course it is and once we have an coach and scheme that actually gives Fields a shot he may have done that...my point is to say that our players aren't talented is just flat out wrong...we have seen evidence of their talent...the point is right now they are being held by buy broken schemes and a HC who is clearly losing the locker room...my comparison with the Packers is that player for player team wide they are not more talented than our guys...they are elevated by Rodgers...the same as I feel Fields can elevate some of our guys if we can protect him.