Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

16 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Why qualify it though? Getting the QB is probably the toughest part of building a team.

Not only that, but the Packers have been propped up by Rodgers’ talent for years and would likely be a mediocre team (like the Bears) without him.

I'd take Alexander over any Bears DB

I'd take their OL over the Bears

I'd take Adams and MVS over Mooney and Robinson

I'd take Jones over Montgomery

I'd take Tonyan over Kmet

I'd take Clark over Goldman

I can't imagine anyone would disagree with any of those 6 takes

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

We ask have the Punt God, baby.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

What? 😂 not a chance I would do that...also probably wouldn't take Tonyan over Kmet or our fully healthy OL over theirs...

Any again that is cherry picking their best players...if you start to look deeper are you taking their RB depth, DL depth, LB depth? Not for me...

But I guess we will need to agree to disagree.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

What? 😂 not a chance I would do that...also probably wouldn't take Tonyan over Kmet or our fully healthy OL over theirs...

Any again that is cherry picking their best players...if you start to look deeper are you taking their RB depth, DL depth, LB depth? Not for me...

But I guess we will need to agree to disagree.

Jones is a far better RB than Montgomery is. Put up a poll in the general NFL forum here. I bet Jones gets 75%+ of the votes

The Bears are not "very talented." They're a decent group who as a team come together as "mediocre." Look at their record since week 1 of 2019. Mediocre.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Jones is a far better RB than Montgomery is. Put up a poll in the general NFL forum here. I bet Jones gets 75%+ of the votes

The Bears are not "very talented." They're a decent group who as a team come together as "mediocre." Look at their record since week 1 of 2019. Mediocre.

No he isn't...he benefits from playing against as light boxes as possible because teams are scared of Rodgers...give me the RB who has been running into loaded boxes because teams don't fear the QB over the guy getting the easy handle every time.

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No he isn't...he benefits from playing against as light boxes as possible because teams are scared of Rodgers...give me the RB who has been running into loaded boxes because teams don't fear the QB over the guy getting the easy handle every time.

Perfect! I'll give him to you and then beat you with the better player

39 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I agree with every one of those takes except take MVS and Mooney out because Mooney is better and also the RB position.

Montgomery is every bit as good as Jones and may end up being better plus he is younger, so you would think he has more of a shelf life if you were starting a team from scratch today.  

I get your point though...Packers organization is superior in just about every area, there's no denying that.

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No, he really isn't.

9 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears fans have been overrating the "talent" on this team for several years now. Roquan, Mack, and Santos are top 5 players at their positions. Who else is? Most of them are just guys who wouldn't be anything more on another team.

Montgomery, evidently!

9 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears fans have been overrating the "talent" on this team for several years now. Roquan, Mack, and Santos are top 5 players at their positions. Who else is? Most of them are just guys who wouldn't be anything more on another team.

This is true, maybe Monty a top-10? But it's hard to have a team full of top-5, top-10 guys at their positions.  The NFL is too competitive.

I think the point people are trying to make is that the Bears have talent that is not being realized, and a big part of that is due to coaching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This is true, maybe Monty a top-10? But it's hard to have a team full of top-5, top-10 guys at their positions.  The NFL is too competitive.

I think the point people are trying to make is that the Bears have talent that is not being realized, and a big part of that is due to coaching.

Exactly the point I am trying to make...very few players in the NFL are elite regardless of coaching, scheme or combination...how many can't miss big money free agents around the NFL over the years have went to a different team and been an utter bust? It's why the NFL is so compelling because so many different moving parts need to work in sync for there to be success...I am not saying some our guys are the most talented or elite...I am however saying that no one seems to being getting any sort of help from this coaching staff to show what they can do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Any GM's primary goal (without an entrenched HOF QB) is to commit for the QB to grow and succeed. It was his goal with Tru, they made moves for Dalton and Foles because they thought they could right the ship, and now they have Fields and the offense having the worst offensive output in nearly 20 years. Pace having it as a goal hasn't meant squat so far, and I don't think he has the chops to do put a good offense around him or find a good HC. The only thing the offense has shown consistently is regression year to year. The good news is that statistically it will be remarkably easy for the next crew to outperform it, just like when we moved on from Mel Tucker and an aging defense.

Sign me up for a swing for the fences. Either you get Fields playing like a legit franchise QB or you scrap him and start over after his 4th year. We're a year late on scrapping Nagy and Pace IMO. If the GM and HC aren't super high on Fields then move on, or let them know if they get him playing at a good enough level to start but not a franchise QB in their eyes they can trade him year 4 (or franchise and trade year 5) and pick their own guy. IDGAF at this point. I want to see development and not get outcoached on a regular basis.

I am in agreement with you here.  I was just pointing out  what might help Pace's cause in ownership's eyes.  It's a very plausible scenario given how much we hear of the McCaskey's being smitten with Pace.  They may look for any excuses to keep him.

IMO there are definitely legitimate arguments to fire Pace and I would have no problem with it whatsoever. 

After all, he is the one who chose an inexperienced guy like Nagy to lead this team and has worked in tandem with him to acquire the players that we are seeing on the field today. Both are largely at fault for this mess.

If I had to say who's done a better job though it would be Pace, because while the offense sucks, there are still some players there who you would think would be producing better based on their talent level.

All that said I am more than ready for a fresh start at GM & HC.  These guys have had their fair chance and have not shown anything to suggest it would be a mistake in letting them go.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1