Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

3 hours ago, soulman said:

LOL.....playing ostrich can only get you so far.  When all of those past promises have been broken this many times it's time to break the chain.

No one expects them to throw in the towel but 3 more wins is about all I see right now.  And even if by some miracle they win 8 games total and back into the playoffs again, what does that prove?  Nada.

We did that last year.  Did it help any this year?  Nope.  Nagy's team is just as unprepared as always.  The OL looks like a Chinese Fire Drill and the defense is starting to crumble with key injuries and too many second and third tier players filling starting positions.

This is why I just can't justify keeping Pace in any capacity. The plan is always so short-sighted and ends up falling flat. This team has been chasing its tail for 3-4 years now and it's become a running joke. Bears should be better than that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

This is why I just can't justify keeping Pace in any capacity. The plan is always so short-sighted and ends up falling flat. This team has been chasing its tail for 3-4 years now and it's become a running joke. Bears should be better than that.

I wouldn't be sad if GMcC let Pace go as well but would be at least somewhat surprised.

My hunch is the McCaskey's see him as Ted Phillips eventual successor anyway and with a move to Arlington and all of it's attendant plans and negotiations to be worked out that's where Teddy Bears attention needs to be focused as it should be.  There he's actually in his domain. 

Once that's done I believe he'll retire and someone will need to lead the team.  If it's not Pace then who?  I don't see the McCaskey's going outside of a very small circle of people they know and trust and they're already shown a huge amount of trust in Ryan Pace in several matters.

He also has an excuse Nagy does not.  Pace can blame the failures of some of his picks on Nagy and his staff.  To both keep Pace yet find a way to bring others into the personnel decision process moving him up to a VP position and replacing him as GM can accomplish that.

Some of this is also based on not wanting to be in the position of having to hire both a new GM and a new HC simultaneously.  Unless GMcC already has a new GM in mind.  One he believes will accept the position.  Pace still has an important job to do helping GMcC and Teddy Bears.

Pace didn't hire Fox, they did.  So Nagy is his only real failure as far as hiring a HC goes and as I posted previously nearly 100% of us believed Nagy was a good hire.  He had the potential to become a good HC he just didn't make the grade.  Promises made vs promises not kept.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, malak1 said:

I was at the game. The crowd erupted into a “Fire Nagy” chant. I almost felt bad for him…but I didn’t.

That's awesome but I'm sorry you have to see THAT level of incompetence at a game.

If nothing else, we stand united as Bears fans... against Nagy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That's awesome but I'm sorry you have to see THAT level of incompetence at a game.

If nothing else, we stand united as Bears fans... against Nagy.

If nothing else this game wrote the final pages of the final chapter of Matt Nagy's bio as an NFL HC.  It seems like every stupid move he's ever made he saved up to use in one last shot at proving just how incompetent he is as a game day coach......out coached again Matt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soulman said:

If nothing else this game wrote the final pages of the final chapter of Matt Nagy's bio as an NFL HC.  It seems like every stupid move he's ever made he saved up to use in one last shot at proving just how incompetent he is as a game day coach......out coached again Matt.

At least he is consistent...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

At least he is consistent...

So are my back issues and though I wish I could get rid of them too I'll settle for getting rid of Nagy.  IMHO after Thursday GMcC needs to do the most uncharacteristic thing he's ever done as COB and order Ryan Pace to fire Matt Nagy.

If I owned the Bears I'd actually do it tomorrow and allow him to spend Thanksgiving with his family.  I'd so fed up I don't ever want that useless mortar forker coaching even one more game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, soulman said:

So are my back issues and though I wish I could get rid of them too I'll settle for getting rid of Nagy.  IMHO after Thursday GMcC needs to do the most uncharacteristic thing he's ever done as COB and order Ryan Pace to fire Matt Nagy.

If I owned the Bears I'd actually do it tomorrow and allow him to spend Thanksgiving with his family.  I'd so fed up I don't ever want that useless mortar forker coaching even one more game.

Be a savage. Let him work with the team and then fire him BEFORE the game on Thanksgiving. Let him know his stuff will be boxed outside of Halas Hall whenever he gets back to Chicago.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

If I am Ryan Pace this morning I am doing everything in my power to line up firing Nagy if we lose to the Lions because if we don't he is taking Pace down with him by the end of the season.

If we lose to the Lions with the Cardinals and Packers upcoming we're going to have some Marc Trestman blowouts going on here. 

• Like 2

Don't know if any of you watched any of the Dave Kaplan Post Game Show but he was even more brutal than usual.  Even Olin, Alex Brown, and Lance Briggs couldn't rein him in.

He called upon GMcC to find someone to run the Bears who knows what in the hell they're doing going so far as to reach out to any and all would can help.  He thinks GMcC and Teddy Bears need to admit they are not qualified to interview or hire a GM to replace Pace and yet that's precisely what needs to be done.  Kaplan believes the Bears need an entirely new front office.

There have been times in the past when I've felt that "Kap" was overly critical but after seeing what happened yesterday I'm inclined to agree.  While Ryan Pace has not been as bad as Phil Emery was overall the end result has been much the same.  The Bears and Matt Nagy have once again become an embarrassment to fans and the entire organization from top to bottom.

Having to once again go through a process of hiring both a new GM and a new HC and staff is something GMcC would like to avoid at all cost which is why I've often taken the position I have. But we have some very critical decisions to make regarding aging talent and it may be wise to have a different perspective on this than Pace's perspective because he brought them here.

I can't honestly say that my opinions regarding our thirty something defensive stars are better than anyone else's and much of my thinking is based on a belief that these guys are worth more to us than they would be in trade or cap savings but I lack a vision for who would replace them.  Maybe Ryan Pace is inflicted with this same hesitation whereas a new GM wouldn't be.

We do have some young talent and we also appear to have our franchise QB now but can Pace fill the remaining needs quickly enough to get any benefit at all out of aging stars like Hicks, Quinn, Mack, etc?  There are times when it seems like all we're doing is rearranging furniture when what we really need is a decorator to redo the entire roster and start over again.

It's been seven years now under Ryan Pace's leadership and his record is a losing one.  Yeah, he did inherit a mess but over the past four years this team has not gotten appreciably better under Matt Nagy despite having spent millions on top talent for the defense.  If that window hasn't closed by now at best it's only open a crack and it's still closing fast.

We keep hearing the younger McCaskeys are in favor of selling the Bears.  They may well be right about that.  If the family owned any other business but an NFL cartel franchise they'd have gone bankrupt long ago.  Maybe it is time to acknowledge the obvious.  They cannot successfully manage the Bears and they can't seem to hire anyone else who can.

So.....instead of debating who goes and who stays at the GM and HC levels maybe the only way this ever works out well is for the Bears to come under entirely new ownership.  Maybe it's finally time to tell Ginny they can't handle it any longer, collect their billions, and move on.  I'm struggling to find any way to believe there's a single thing they can do any longer to succeed.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, soulman said:

Don't know if any of you watched any of the Dave Kaplan Post Game Show but he was even more brutal than usual.  Even Olin, Alex Brown, and Lance Briggs couldn't rein him in.

He called upon GMcC to find someone to run the Bears who knows what in the hell they're doing going so far as to reach out to any and all would can help.  He thinks GMcC and Teddy Bears need to admit they are not qualified to interview or hire a GM to replace Pace and yet that's precisely what needs to be done.  Kaplan believes the Bears need an entirely new front office.

There have been times in the past when I've felt that "Kap" was overly critical but after seeing what happened yesterday I'm inclined to agree.  While Ryan Pace has not been as bad as Phil Emery was overall the end result has been much the same.  The Bears and Matt Nagy have once again become an embarrassment to fans and the entire organization from top to bottom.

Having to once again go through a process of hiring both a new GM and a new HC and staff is something GMcC would like to avoid at all cost which is why I've often taken the position I have. But we have some very critical decisions to make regarding aging talent and it may be wise to have a different perspective on this than Pace's perspective because he brought them here.

I can't honestly say that my opinions regarding our thirty something defensive stars are better than anyone else's and much of my thinking is based on a belief that these guys are worth more to us than they would be in trade or cap savings but I lack a vision for who would replace them.  Maybe Ryan Pace is inflicted with this same hesitation whereas a new GM wouldn't be.

We do have some young talent and we also appear to have our franchise QB now but can Pace fill the remaining needs quickly enough to get any benefit at all out of aging stars like Hicks, Quinn, Mack, etc?  There are times when it seems like all we're doing is rearranging furniture when what we really need is a decorator to redo the entire roster and start over again.

It's been seven years now under Ryan Pace's leadership and his record is a losing one.  Yeah, he did inherit a mess but over the past four years this team has not gotten appreciably better under Matt Nagy despite having spent millions on top talent for the defense.  If that window hasn't closed by now at best it's only open a crack and it's still closing fast.

We keep hearing the younger McCaskeys are in favor of selling the Bears.  They may well be right about that.  If the family owned any other business but an NFL cartel franchise they'd have gone bankrupt long ago.  Maybe it is time to acknowledge the obvious.  They cannot successfully manage the Bears and they can't seem to hire anyone else who can.

So.....instead of debating who goes and who stays at the GM and HC levels maybe the only way this ever works out well is for the Bears to come under entirely new ownership.  Maybe it's finally time to tell Ginny they can't handle it any longer, collect their billions, and move on.  I'm struggling to find any way to believe there's a single thing they can do any longer to succeed.

I would love new ownership but I doubt it happens...what we really need is a shark...

NFL ownership for the most part these days are businessmen who have made tough decisions and taken risks their whole life to become the billionairs they are to afford an NFL franchise...we have "Old Money" in charge who's income is purely from the franchise...it's a completely different mind set and because of that this franchise will hire the "Good Man" for the job...they need to hire a shark...they need to hire someone who is going to be tougher & demand more from every single person in the building...as I said I am all aboard the Ed Dodds train if it comes to replacing Pace...Ginny might not think he is as nice of a young man but he would actually get the job done...

If we don't hire someone to replace Pace then our next coach has to have some toughness about him and demand more from Pace when it comes to finding the players required to make this team a winner.

• Like 1

I've made my feelings clear.

If the McCaskey Family will not sell the Bears then a new Team President needs to be hired who will then determine the fate of Ryan Pace.  McCaskey emotions and incompetence will almost assure they will continue to keep making wrong moves over and over and over again.

Nagy has cooked his own goose so many time it now looks like the Christmas turkey from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  He should be fired today but of course he won't be.

Ted Phillips and GMcC are incapable of making tough decisions and yet to win in the NFL you need to be able to make tough decisions regarding your team and your management team.

They won't do it and they never have.  Look at how many years Ginny sat back allowing Michael to oversee the destruction of a team her father and Jim Finks had rebuilt in the image of his old teams of the '30s and '40s.  It took more than a decade of embarrassment before he was finally fired only to make him COB for a bit 'til GMcC took on that job.

We've had another decade of embarrassment to look back on and here we sit wondering what they'll do next.  Does it matter?  Does anyone honestly believe they're even minimally capable of managing the Bears successfully.  They haven't in over 35 years so what's changed?

Sell the team Ginny.  The McCaskeys are not the Rooney Family.  And if you won't sell then do as your father did.  Hire the best talent you can to run the team top to bottom and fade into the woodwork.  You could have one of the most valuable franchises in all of sports if you only knew how to run it well enough to win as often as teams like GB do.

Sell, or give up control.  It's the ONLY shot you have at ever resurrecting your fathers Beloved Bears.

• Like 2