Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

They’re not dumb. They just don’t know how to run a football team. But I fully expect them to bungle this for several more weeks. I’ll be at the game next Sunday and I am fully expecting to experience the Fire Nagy chants and a plethora of boos first hand. I’m just hoping I don’t have to watch Syndrome at QB… 

They spent their entire lives connected and working in football… and they still suck.

They are dumb.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They are chanting Fire Nagy at the AEW wrestling event in Chicago.

This is going to get uglier and uglier.

I expect it’ll evolve into Fire Pace and/or Sell The Team sooner than later too, even if they do fire Nagy. Wouldn’t shock me if Fire Nagy broke out at Ford Field tomorrow given the volume of Chicago fans that find their way up there every year (especially when the Lions are winless). At some point even dumb people recognize when they’ve got egg on their face. 

• Like 2

Hub Arkush

@Hub_Arkush

·

14h

#Bears chairman George McCaskey directed the Bears coaching staff to name Justin Fields the permanent starting quarterback prior to the Week 5 game against the Las Vegas Raiders, multiple sources tell Shaw Local

I never really buy anything Hub says but if it is true that George told Nagy to start Fields then his time as head coach was already over.

Since it's been asked why we can't have nice things and Mike and Shane believe our GM and HC positions are so highly ranked around the league I felt you should all read this.  You may change your minds.

Take this as you will guys.  I'm only gonna post the link since it's mostly Tweets that are difficult to copy and post but I think you'll get the general idea from reading them.  Just on more day in the life of the Phillips/McCaskey run Bears.

Bears fans slammed ownership for dysfunction involving Matt Nagy’s future

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-fans-slammed-ownership-dysfunction-042058606.html

0dc361debd29e95e7cc2ab0f4822b606

It was a whirlwind of a day for the Chicago Bears at Halas Hall on Tuesday, where head coach Matt Nagy was the center of speculation following a report that he was informed he would be fired after Thursday’s game against the Detroit Lions.

While Nagy refuted the report and Bears players and coaches handled the chaos well, a report from Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune indicated that the writing is on the wall for Nagy, who “offered little to make players believe he will be around much longer,” leaving them “dismayed” at the organization’s lack of direction.

Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune also noted a source told him the Bears’ “remarkable clumsy” handling of the situation at Halas Hall Tuesday likely didn’t go unnoticed by those around the NFL.

One source described the Bears brass’s handling of today as “remarkably clumsy,” noting that an organization’s professionalism in moments like these is judged at least somewhat leaguewide by other coaches, execs, etc.

While there’s been plenty of focus on Nagy’s imminent future, which looks to get more dismal with each passing hour, Bears fans pointed the blame in the direction of ownership — notably chairman George McCaskey and president Ted Phillips — for their handling of the entire mess.

Read on via the link my brothers.  There are many more Tweets from those who took time to chime in.  Truth be told if I was an NFL GM or HC prospect I'm thinking might be better off as an unarmed night watchman at a blood bank in Transylvania than to work for the Bears.

Edited by soulman

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

They spent their entire lives connected and working in football… and they still suck.

They are dumb.

TFG is 74 years old and he still hasn't learned yet how to close an umbrella????  Intelligence was never guaranteed to us at birth.  It must be acquired over time.

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy leaked it.

It forced George to deny it and therefor bought Nagy at least this week. 

Honestly man I was driving home and about the exact same time as you posted this I thought the exact same thing...Nagy leaks it and it makes it look like the Bears have no idea what they are doing letting that get out or George has to back down and let him finish out the season to prove otherwise. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter said Bears brass told head coach Matt Nagy that reports of his firing following Week 12 were a "complete lie." 

Team chairman George McCaskey and CEO Ted Phillips both told Nagy that a Tuesday report of his imminent firing was not true, per Schefter. McCaskey and Phillips then told Bears players the same thing on Wednesday. The organization was noticeably slow to knock down rumors that Nagy would get the pink slip following the Bears' Thanksgiving game against Detroit. It's a humiliating situation for all involved, and the team can't possibly fire Nagy any time soon without looking even more ridiculous. An organization in complete disarray, the Bears will head into a total rebuild next season

• Like 1

Still believe we are THE place to be for a group of guys looking for a HC gig?  Look at that list of HC the Giants have just gone through.  One of them may be our next HC.

We gotta dumpster fire for a front office and ownership.  Who wants to be first to jump in and try to smother it with rags and old newspapers?  🤣

12 minutes ago, soulman said:

Still believe we are THE place to be for a group of guys looking for a HC gig?  Look at that list of HC the Giants have just gone through.  One of them may be our next HC.

We gotta dumpster fire for a front office and ownership.  Who wants to be first to jump in and try to smother it with rags and old newspapers?  🤣

100%...which we will see in Jan.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

100%...which we will see in Jan.

Look, speculate all you like but at some point you all may want to come back to earth and get a bit more realistic.  I think you're setting yourselves up for another shocker come Jan.

You may get your hot OC like Daboll or maybe Romen or Moore but I gotta stay true to my beliefs that the mere presence of Ted Phillips and GMcC is gonna make Pace's selling job for any top prospect a *****.  Do you honestly believe the rest of the NFL is ignoring what's going on here?

27 minutes ago, soulman said:

Look, speculate all you like but at some point you all may want to come back to earth and get a bit more realistic.  I think you're setting yourselves up for another shocker come Jan.

You may get your hot OC like Daboll or maybe Romen or Moore but I gotta stay true to my beliefs that the mere presence of Ted Phillips and GMcC is gonna make Pace's selling job for any top prospect a *****.  Do you honestly believe the rest of the NFL is ignoring what's going on here?

Like I said...you vastly under estimate how big this franchise and market is...I have very little to no doubt we won't get a top candidate.