Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Picturing George breathing a huge sigh of relief after the Bears squeaked by the Lions, and setting his milk down with a trembling hand,  thanking whatever gods he believes in that he wouldn't have to _do_ anything this week. 

Just wait until the season ending presser. You think last years was bad.......don't be surprised to hear another laughable "Virginia is pissed" platitude.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Just wait until the season ending presser. You think last years was bad.......don't be surprised to hear another laughable "Virginia is pissed" platitude.

Yet never "pissed" enough to sell the team and tell her nincompoop sons to get out and find real jobs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, soulman said:

Yet never "pissed" enough to sell the team and tell her nincompoop sons to get out and find real jobs.

I mean her sons literally can't lose money here even if they are incompetent. Give them a lump sum for selling and they damn well could somehow blow it.

Even at her age she's still trying to idiot-proof their futures. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I mean her sons literally can't lose money here even if they are incompetent. Give them a lump sum for selling and they damn well could somehow blow it.

Even at her age she's still trying to idiot-proof their futures. lol

Who knows what Ginny is trying to do.  Who knows what any 98 year old lady is trying to do.

I know there has always been this desire to continue the Halas legacy by keeping the Bears "in the family" but number one, the McCaskeys aren't Halases and number two, they done far more to damage that legacy than to preserve it.

I can understand not wanting to sell to rank outsiders but damn Ginny, then sell to Ryan and McKenna or a group they represent that includes long time Bears fans and local businessmen who'll do what owners should do.  Step aside and own.

While I would not have thought as much so a decade ago now this begins to look like pure greed on the part of the McCaskey sons and Teddy Bears.  This may be why we keep hearing their children or grand children want to sell the team now.

Four billion dollars is a whole lot of money no matter how many ways it needs to be divided and $4 bil is just Forbes estimate of the Bears worth.  With the ownership of the Arlington property and a new stadium in the offing they could get even more.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, soulman said:

Who knows what Ginny is trying to do.  Who knows what any 98 year old lady is trying to do.

I know there has always been this desire to continue the Halas legacy by keeping the Bears "in the family" but number one, the McCaskeys aren't Halases and number two, they done far more to damage that legacy than to preserve it.

I can understand not wanting to sell to rank outsiders but damn Ginny, then sell to Ryan and McKenna or a group they represent that includes long time Bears fans and local businessmen who'll do what owners should do.  Step aside and own.

While I would not have thought as much so a decade ago now this begins to look like pure greed on the part of the McCaskey sons and Teddy Bears.  This may be why we keep hearing their children or grand children want to sell the team now.

Four billion dollars is a whole lot of money no matter how many ways it needs to be divided and $4 bil is just Forbes estimate of the Bears worth.  With the ownership of the Arlington property and a new stadium in the offing they could get even more.

If we are lucky this will jump the value and will be the time for them to sell it.

• Like 2

Matt Nagy's dysfunctional offense not the answer for Bears’ future

ByDante Green 23 hours ago
10626009.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Icon Sportswire / Contributor, Getty)

LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Maybe the grass is greener on the other side and the other side here is a new coach for the Chicago Bears. No matter what quarterback Matt Nagy chooses to water his offense for the week the results have been pretty much the same. The same old unproductive results that have his team struggling to pull out wins and leaving his defense to make stops just to stay competitive.

Even though the Bears boast the seventh-best running attack, the offense ranks 28th in points per game, averaging 16.4 through 11 games. They are also 30th in total yards per game and have been there all season long. Want to know who’s worse at scoring points? The rebuilding Detroit Lions, the rebuilding Houston Texans, and the rebuilding Jacksonville Jaguars.

RELATED: Early coaching candidates for Chicago Bears

The Bears’ quarterbacks are dead last in passing yards per game at 169 which is 20 yards less Houston which ranks 31st. The team has been awful in terms of moving the ball through the air and they also rank dead last in yards per play at 4.9. Not only has the offense been arguably the worst in the NFL, it’s been even worse than last season where they ranked 23rd in points per game.

This is despite consistent promises from Nagy to fix the offense and how it would progress over the years. It’s been so bad this season that Nagy was forced to surrender play-calling duties for the second straight season. But there have been no revelations for the offense no matter who is the play-caller.

The teams highest scoring totals this season? 27 in their loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The team hasn’t done well against bad defenses in the Baltimore Ravens and recently the Detroit Lions, struggling to move the ball and score points.

It's clear there has been no clear growth or improvement or game to game for the offense over the past four seasons. Instead, it’s been more of the same- struggles early on, inability to convert third downs and most importantly the problems scoring points. But for Nagy, he still thinks his offense has evolved.

“Offenses do evolve. They change for different reasons, whether it's the pass game or the run game, based off of your players' strengths and weaknesses," Nagy said. "There's a good mix. For us being together, this being the fourth year, you would say that it's certainly different than 2018 and even '19. As you grow through who your players are and what they do well and don't do well or you need to get better at, you can change some things and adapt. We're always doing it. Every team is doing that, trying to fit and see what their identity is each year."

The plays have looked different at times but the results have never changed. This is one of the worst offenses in the NFL and it starts with the scheme. Nagy has proven he is still stubborn to tailor an offense around his players and after multiple years of tape, it is clear his offense has reached its full potential. That comes just months after Nagy told reporters that it takes four years to learn the offense with the pieces in place, something that is still puzzling to this day.

8COMMENTS

What changes can be made to help the offense?

The problems start at the top with Nagy, who has designed this offense and most of its play calls. While Nagy holds on to his job for now, the front office needs to start planning for the future. The Bears have experienced having one of the worst offenses in the league for three years straight with four different quarterbacks. And it's time for a change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Says a lot when the more you can get your team prepared the worse they are. Might have done better taking the week off until Thursday or Friday. Get one practice, one film day, and games. We will be well rested and mentally un****ed come Sunday.

• Like 2

IMHO Nagy's termination papers have already been prepared and after GB/Rodgers have their way with us again next Sunday they'll be chiseled in stone.

While at least one pick wasn't Dalton's fault nonetheless with the exception of Monty it was a pretty horrible offensive showing again. They gave the game away.

Here's another issue I believe is taking place.

We see vets who are injured sidelined and staying sidelined.  We see others who aren't or who have recently returned from injury playing soft to avoid further injury.

Overall the team may not have given up but certain players, especially those without extensions, are not gonna risk their next deal or their careers playing at 110% with the season now having gone down the tubes or for a HC everyone know will not be retained.  The Bears are a 4-8 team playing out the string.

Not only will Matt Nagy be fired but he deserves to be fired and I believe even he knows and understands that by now.  The summary at the end of that article I posted says it all.  In four seasons with five different QBs Matt Nagy has failed to produce an effective NFL offense.  His schemes plain ol' don't work period.

It's time for a new HC and offensive staff and maybe a hope that if Fangio is let go here in Denver we may be able to bring he and Ed Donatell back here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, soulman said:

IMHO Nagy's termination papers have already been prepared and after GB/Rodgers have their way with us again next Sunday they'll be chiseled in stone.

While at least one pick wasn't Dalton's fault nonetheless with the exception of Monty it was a pretty horrible offensive showing again. They gave the game away.

Here's another issue I believe is taking place.

We see vets who are injured sidelined and staying sidelined.  We see others who aren't or who have recently returned from injury playing soft to avoid further injury.

Overall the team may not have given up but certain players, especially those without extensions, are not gonna risk their next deal or their careers playing at 110% with the season now having gone down the tubes or for a HC everyone know will not be retained.  The Bears are a 4-8 team playing out the string.

Not only will Matt Nagy be fired but he deserves to be fired and I believe even he knows and understands that by now.  The summary at the end of that article I posted says it all.  In four seasons with five different QBs Matt Nagy has failed to produce an effective NFL offense.  His schemes plain ol' don't work period.

It's time for a new HC and offensive staff and maybe a hope that if Fangio is let go here in Denver we may be able to bring he and Ed Donatell back here.

Bad*ss moves in my head:

After we lose next week Pace comes into the locker room with Nagy's termination papers, dated from Nov 21 but effective midnight of 12/13 after the Pack game. Right after that GMcC walks in to deliver Pace's termination papers for the exact same time and dates. Virginia sends in a courier to do the exact same with GMcC... because its a late game and she isn't going to let a late-night blowout cause her to miss sleep.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Bad*ss moves in my head:

After we lose next week Pace comes into the locker room with Nagy's termination papers, dated from Nov 21 but effective midnight of 12/13 after the Pack game. Right after that GMcC walks in to deliver Pace's termination papers for the exact same time and dates. Virginia sends in a courier to do the exact same with GMcC... because its a late game and she isn't going to let a late-night blowout cause her to miss sleep.

Would that it could work all the neatly.

Unfortunately I think Nagy is the only one getting his walking papers.  Pace will probably get an extension if he hasn't already.  No sense keeping him around to hire a new HC then fire him after the 2022 season.  I don't think even GMcC can possibly be that illogical.

• Like 1

QB: Fields

RB: Montgomery, Herbert

WR: Mooney

WR:

WR:

TE: Kmet

LT: Jenkins

LG: Whithair

😄

RG:

RT: Borom

RE: Edwards

NT: Goldman

LE: Blackson

OLB: Quinn, Gipson

ILB: Smith

ILB:

OLB: Mack

CB1: Johnson

CB2:

NB: Shelley, Vildor

FS: Jackson

SS: 

This roster is a mess when you look at next season.