Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

16 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

The goal of a GM is to put together great teams, not just great defenses. If we don't hold our GMs to a higher standard, we'll continue to get exactly what we ask for.

Yes I agree with this.  Though I have to wonder how much is also Nagy's fault for not developing these Pace picks better.

Either way Pace hired the guy so he deserves a lot of the blame.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Yes I agree with this.  Though I have to wonder how much is also Nagy's fault for not developing these Pace picks better.

Either way Pace hired the guy so he deserves a lot of the blame.

There's probably blame to go around. But it's hard to see many of these players contributing even under a different coach with a different team.

I get that Pace has built a damn good defense,  but he has failed everywhere else.  I won't hold his first three years against him,  he inherited a crapshow and we knew it would be a time to be competitive.  But 1 good year followed by two years of decline,  that's inexcusable when at the level of this team. 

Going from 12 wins to 10 then 9 is fine if you're progressing elsewhere,  being completely incompetent on offense like the Bears are shoes or lack of playmakers, starter level talent AND depth.  Honestly if not for Fangio and Pagano then Nagy hes been as inept as Fox. 

Both need to be gone. 

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

There's probably blame to go around. But it's hard to see many of these players contributing even under a different coach with a different team.

Ehh..well we can't say for sure and I guess we'll never find out until it happens elsewhere or not.

But after seeing Adam Shaheen play well in Miami I'm thinking there is big development coaching issue on offense.

I mean it's not as if guys like Montgomery, Kmet, Miller, Mooney, Whitehair and Daniels don't have the talent

Edited by topwop1

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Ehh..well we can't say for sure and I guess we'll never find out until it happens elsewhere or not.

But after seeing Adam Shaheen play well in Miami I'm thinking there is big development coaching issue on offense.

I mean it's not as if guys like Montgomery, Kmet, Miller, Mooney, Whitehair and Daniels don't have the talent

I wouldn't say Shaheen has been playing that well unless he has been blocking really well. He has only 1 game with more than 1 catch, only 6 so far total.

Agree otherwise. We can't keep watching inability to get Mooney the ball in space or even using Montgomery on flats as an extension of the run game since the OL clearly barely lets him get back to the LOS.

19 hours ago, G08 said:

He liked Trubisky, he picked the wrong coach/scheme to develop him.

It doesn't matter, Tru would have sucked in any scenario. Kyle Shannahan would turn him into an average starter at best but the minute the run game is gone his ability to play QB would be too. 

The bottom line is that Pace just doesn't know how to draft offensive talent and his strategy on building a great defense is flawed in the modern NFL.

30 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

It doesn't matter, Tru would have sucked in any scenario. Kyle Shannahan would turn him into an average starter at best but the minute the run game is gone his ability to play QB would be too. 

I don't agree here at all. I think he'd thrive in Shanahan's offense.

15 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think he'd be pretty good there, simpler reads, better OL, and I think his development would have been handled better than Fox->Nagy

But at the end of the day he would still be at best average. If he got into the playoffs he would lose the minute he's down by more than 1 score. I don't think that's a win at all. 

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

But at the end of the day he would still be at best average. If he got into the playoffs he would lose the minute he's down by more than 1 score. I don't think that's a win at all. 

Eh, I think he would have been one of those top 10-15 guys, might look better every now and then. No way to know of course, and Trubisky is about to be irrelevant to the Bears future*

* Cue him going 6-0

11 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Eh, I think he would have been one of those top 10-15 guys, might look better every now and then. No way to know of course, and Trubisky is about to be irrelevant to the Bears future*

* Cue him going 6-0

Right?