Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

On 11/18/2020 at 8:38 PM, St Vince said:

As a Packers fan I think Pace is one of the better GM'S in the league. The only mistake he made was taking Trubisky over Mahomes. His only other bad draft pick was Kevin White. Most of his draft picks were sold picks. He killed it in FA. I still think your roster is better than ours. Your roster has the talent, what i'm seeing is the offense is underperforming for the talent it has. The defense is still solid and SB caliber. Pace has done a way better job than our GM. Remember you guys gave up a lot of draft capital for Mack which was the right move. Foles is a good QB who's won a SB, that was the right move. I just don't get why your offense can't score more points given the talent it has. That's where the problem is,  not Pace.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Trubisky was a miss and became a bigger miss when paired with Nagy. These Andy Reid offensive disciples are struggling in the NFL. Offense does not need to be as hard as they make it. 

More and more I'm souring on Nagy over Pace and would be fine with punting the former and keeping the latter. 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm inclined to agree with you. Trubisky was a miss and became a bigger miss when paired with Nagy. These Andy Reid offensive disciples are struggling in the NFL. Offense does not need to be as hard as they make it. 

More and more I'm souring on Nagy over Pace and would be fine with punting the former and keeping the latter. 

Who hired the former?

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

The same guy who missed on every QB choice hes had.

Bray has been the least disappointing one we've had because of how little was expected of him.

I think Glennon was a smokescreen, Trubisky was a whiff, and Foles was to appease his coaching staff.

And I'll still say I think Trubisky could succeed on the 49ers, Rams etc

36 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Mitch wasn't the only miss. What about White, Grasu, Bullard, Shaheen, Miller, Montgomery?

Ryan Pace's best acquisition was a guy who was already considered one of the best players in the league. Apart from that he's been underwhelming.

White was garbage, Grasu is starting for the 49ers, I had hopes for Bullard but he never panned out, Shaheen just signed an extension in Miami, Miller is a headcase and I love David Montgomery.

29 minutes ago, G08 said:

White was garbage, Grasu is starting for the 49ers, I had hopes for Bullard but he never panned out, Shaheen just signed an extension in Miami, Miller is a headcase and I love David Montgomery.

Grasu's starting because the entire OL is hurt there. He stinks. Shaheen isn't doing anything special in Miami, aside from finally staying healthy. Hard to draw any conclusion yet on Montgomery, but his first step is incredibly slow. I think he's a good #2.

58 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Grasu's starting because the entire OL is hurt there. He stinks. Shaheen isn't doing anything special in Miami, aside from finally staying healthy. Hard to draw any conclusion yet on Montgomery, but his first step is incredibly slow. I think he's a good #2.

Successful acquisitions in the draft and FA: Roquan Smith, Eddie Goldman, Cody Whitehair, James Daniels, David Montgomery (debatable but I am a fan, as is Brian Baldinger), Nick Kwiatkoski, Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen (debatable), Adrian Amos, Bilal Nichols, Jordan Howard (for a few seasons, anyway), Danny Trevathan, Akiem Hicks, Allen Robinson, Cordarrelle Patterson.

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I think Glennon was a smokescreen, Trubisky was a whiff, and Foles was to appease his coaching staff.

And I'll still say I think Trubisky could succeed on the 49ers, Rams etc

A smokescreen for a mediocre player is a waste. 

I think he'd be better but still below Jimmy G. Hed go from solid back up to weak starter imo. 

6 hours ago, G08 said:

Hey, that's fair. But if we are truly being fair you have to acknowledge Nagy's 25-17 record as head coach.

I acknowledge that Fangio and Pagano are the reason he isnt a sub .500 HC. Hes on offensive HC who repeatedly lays eggs on offense and relies on the defense to win. 

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I acknowledge that Fangio and Pagano are the reason he isnt a sub .500 HC. Hes on offensive HC who repeatedly lays eggs on offense and relies on the defense to win. 

Vic Fangio is the 2018 coach of the year. Carrying Nagy’s useless *** to 12-4.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, G08 said:

Successful acquisitions in the draft and FA: Roquan Smith, Eddie Goldman, Cody Whitehair, James Daniels, David Montgomery (debatable but I am a fan, as is Brian Baldinger), Nick Kwiatkoski, Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen (debatable), Adrian Amos, Bilal Nichols, Jordan Howard (for a few seasons, anyway), Danny Trevathan, Akiem Hicks, Allen Robinson, Cordarrelle Patterson.

And that's fine. It's been 6 years. The offense is inexcusably bad. The tackles stink. Outside of 1 guy the receivers stink. He had 3 cracks at QB and failed each time. He had 3 cracks at TE. He hired a coach who stinks. How many more years does he get? 2 or 3? As Windy says he built half of a team.

Edited by beardown3231

40 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And that's fine. It's been 6 years. The offense is inexcusably bad. The tackles stink. Outside of 1 guy the receivers stink. He had 3 cracks at QB and failed each time. He had 3 cracks at TE. He hired a coach who stinks. How many more years does he get? 2 or 3? As Windy says he built half of a team.

That half was an overhaul and elite. 

I give him another stab at it but it really boils down to how the rest of this season plays out. 

Nagy is in over his head as an offensive coordinator / play caller.