Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

I don't know how Windy is spinning that tweet into a negative. I'm fine with him thinking about it. Pace has done some good and some bad. Them taking their time to figure out who needs to go isn't a bad thing at all. 

Because making a decision based on your personal feelings is not the competitive way to approach this issue.

Pace has done some good and some bad and the results are that the Bears are a regressing team with no QB and a bad cap situation.

Regressing team

No QB

Bad cap situation

 

All of those should easily out weigh your personal feelings if the goal is to win a Super Bowl.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WindyCity said:

Because making a decision based on your personal feelings is not the competitive way to approach this issue.

Pace has done some good and some bad and the results are that the Bears are a regressing team with no QB and a bad cap situation.

Regressing team

No QB

Bad cap situation

 

All of those should easily out weigh your personal feelings if the goal is to win a Super Bowl.

Why are you psychoanalyzing it this far? Maybe he'll still be fired even with all that. I don't care how they get to the right decision just get there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Why are you psychoanalyzing it this far? Maybe he'll still be fired even with all that. I don't care how they get to the right decision just get there. 

We know what the right decision is. I am not sure why this time is required.

I know personally I am done watching this regime death spiral and hemorrhage cap space and draft picks in a desperate effort to go 8-8 and keep their jobs.

End it. Get a regime in here who can execute an actual long term vision for the team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WindyCity said:

We know what the right decision is. I am not sure why this time is required.

I know personally I am done watching this regime death spiral and hemorrhage cap space and draft picks in a desperate effort to go 8-8 and keep their jobs.

End it. Get a regime in here who can execute an actual long term vision for the team. 

I completely agree. But it's probably not all that black and white in the building as much as we think it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GOGRIESE said:

I completely agree. But it's probably not all that black and white in the building as much as we think it is. 

Because of emotion. That is the issue I have.

If this is about winning Super Bowls, then the decision is very obvious, this team is heading the wrong direction.

The McCaskeys can run this like a mom and pop store if they choose, but this is a billion dollar hyper competitive, results at any cost business, it would be nice to see more of that attitude.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems like Pace and Nagy are staying, and they're just trying to sort out how to present this to the public.

 

Not what I would do.

 

I think the Bears ownership's reputation for cheapness needs to go; instead they should be known as scared and inept

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

This seems like Pace and Nagy are staying, and they're just trying to sort out how to present this to the public.

 

Not what I would do.

 

I think the Bears ownership's reputation for cheapness needs to go; instead they should be known as scared and inept

I agree cowardly and incompetent.

Lets see how much damage they can do on their way to 8-8.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We know what the right decision is. I am not sure why this time is required.

I know personally I am done watching this regime death spiral and hemorrhage cap space and draft picks in a desperate effort to go 8-8 and keep their jobs.

End it. Get a regime in here who can execute an actual long term vision for the team. 

 I didn't watch half the season.   Saves on unnecessary stress and bad moods.

 Trying to get to point where I just watch football and don't care who wins or loses.   

I did it with other sports and college football.   Haven't gotten there yet with NFL football.    Actually since my kids and wife aren't into sports I have slowly become less and less into them myself.

When I was a kid I lived and died with every Cubs game, Bulls game, Illini basketball game (they were good in 80s and was a big fan of flyin Illini squad) and Bears game.

Squeezed it down to just Bears in recent years and weening myself off them a little as well.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, what's worse: sticking with these guys, or firing them late and being the last team to the hunt for better personnel? Obviously staff is much a dice roll as drafting players is, but lots of teams have interviewed multiple candidates already. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is bonkers... If you're going to fire somebody or not don't let them twist in the wind like this.   If George really likes these guys he's not doing them any kind of service by making them wait and do meetings.  If you've ever fired someone, even someone who absolutely deserves it, you know it sucks and you've gotta be direct, clear and I can't imagine having someone in for meetingS while you dither.  And if the reports are true that Phillips is with him on this.. ugh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

This is bonkers... If you're going to fire somebody or not don't let them twist in the wind like this.   If George really likes these guys he's not doing them any kind of service by making them wait and do meetings.  If you've ever fired someone, even someone who absolutely deserves it, you know it sucks and you've gotta be direct, clear and I can't imagine having someone in for meetingS while you dither.  And if the reports are true that Phillips is with him on this.. ugh. 

Yeah it really should have been done by now. I don't care about getting behind in the game candidate wise either. There are always guys out there. Just for the sake of these guys they need to do it. Obviously they are floating in the wind. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...