Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He's right you know!

We all deserve better as fans.  This whole offseason has been one big disaster thus far.  Change my mind someone.

Well...he's freeing up cap space. That's good, right? Sounds like he's going to trade Fuller. Indicates he recognizes that tilting the cap towards the defense, followed by defense heavy drafts, MAY not be the way to go.

But I kid. One thing I do find weird though is that people are NOW freaking out. Odds are we were never going to get Wilson or Watson. So...it shouldn't be this big let-down.

We're in the same ****ty situation we were in at the start of the whole process. But things might work out. I like Trask. Mond has some upside, some oomph. Maybe the O line, one way or the other, will improve. 

It could happen. I'm torn because I don't trust Pace any longer, and I don't want him around. But...he shouldn't be there at the moment, yet still is. 

Ryan Pace, the man, the myth, the legend.

Drafts QB with minimal experience from bush league college program over Heisman and National Championship winning QB from elite college football program.

Chooses to resign old and declining Danny Trevathan over Nick Kwiatkowski

Has 20 kicker training camp battle, and still gets it wrong

Has 20 Tight End roster battle only to massively overpay old and slow Jimmy Graham

Decides to let Leonard Floyd walk only to pay Robert Quinn more money for less production

Decides to let Trubisky walk and pays Andy Dalton more money who will certainly play just as badly or worse than Trubisky or Foles

Cuts Jay Cutler only to pay Mike Glennon more money to suck even harder than Jay ever could have.

Cuts Kyle Fuller so we can have a shiny new Andy Dalton statue to go right next to our Nick Foles statue

Hicks...I'll tackle that tomorrow but for your sake I hope you get cut too. You deserve better.

Cuts the solid if not spectacular Jordan Howard creating a huge hole at RB forcing us to use a high draft pick to replace him.

I'm sure I missed a few. Feel free to add on. This franchise is a joke. 

Edited by Pool
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Pool said:

Ryan Pace, the man, the myth, the legend.

Drafts QB with minimal experience from bush league college program over Heisman and National Championship winning QB from elite college football program.

Chooses to resign old and declining Danny Trevathan over Nick Kwiatkowski

Has 20 kicker training camp battle, and still gets it wrong

Has 20 Tight End roster battle only to massively overpay old and slow Jimmy Graham

Decides to let Leonard Floyd walk only to pay Robert Quinn more money for less production

Decides to let Trubisky walk and pays Andy Dalton more money who will certainly play just as badly or worse than Trubisky or Foles

Cuts Jay Cutler only to pay Mike Glennon more money to suck even harder than Jay ever could have.

Cuts Kyle Fuller so we can have a shiny new Andy Dalton statue to go right next to our Nick Foles statue

Hicks...I'll tackle that tomorrow but for your sake I hope you get cut too. You deserve better.

Cuts the solid if not spectacular Jordan Howard creating a huge hole at RB forcing us to use a high draft pick to replace him.

I'm sure I missed a few. Feel free to add on. This franchise is a joke. 

The 2017 offseason- Glennon, Sanchez, Trubisky, Wheaton, Demps, Wright, Sims, Cooper

Traded up for Anthony Miller

Has taken 2 OT's in 6 years and 1 QB in 6 years

• Like 3

I have always defended Virginia because how can she have much influence at all on team operations and dealings. But enough I want new owner ship, I am sick of the 35 years of mediocrity. I am sick of hearing of the 85 Bears and their greatness because they are stuck there. Even the fan base is stuck there. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I have always defended Virginia because how can she have much influence at all on team operations and dealings. But enough I want new owner ship, I am sick of the 35 years of mediocrity. I am sick of hearing of the 85 Bears and their greatness because they are stuck there. Even the fan base is stuck there. 

Just do what the Cubs did and market it as a curse to keep people engaged.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I never want to hear "The cap is fake!" ever again.

It is not fake, but it is more 'fake' for some than others.   If you want to spend there are always future years to push a lot of cap onto.

The future never stops until it does.  

Money spent is still real money though.  Apparently not so for U.S. govt, but for NFL owners it is.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The 2017 offseason- Glennon, Sanchez, Trubisky, Wheaton, Demps, Wright, Sims, Cooper

Traded up for Anthony Miller

Has taken 2 OT's in 6 years and 1 QB in 6 years

The above is really inexcusable.

Pace has not learned that O line is really important and OTs are really hard to find.

He mouthed the right draft philosophy, but didn't execute it.

He said, hardest positions to find are QB, CB, Ball hawking S, Edge, and OT.   He was 100% correct.   

But he messed up on QB and forgot completely about OT and Bears are paying price.  

When you are team building you have to understand following:

1) QB makes WRs and TEs.  

2)  OL makes RBs and is necessary for QBs.   

3)   DL makes LBs.  You can't have DL that gets pushed back or can't eat a double starting or your LBs will be worthless.  

4) You need 3 decent to good corners and 1 safety who can cover to have a good defense.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Weak locker room if that's the case

NFL is a business not a college football program

Can't keep the band together forever

And this is not me saying that I approve of this team's moves so far up to this point but it's just a harsh reality

Players need to get over it and focus on doing their jobs or someone else will take it

The media narrative that pace and Nagy are on the hot seat is a myth.  These guys have all the job security in the world George and Ted buy all the BS that is sold to them.  

On the other hand.  realistically with the wilson trade closed the window for this defense closed as well.  Cutting fuller was a good move and letting Hicks find a trade is also smart.  We are in a rebuild suck for Spencer Rattler 2022.