Head Coaching/GM Candidates

lumberjackchris

I can’t find it, but my pops said on 610 this week McCalin said he heard rumblings from the McNairs that if we were to drop this game something could go down with BOB sooner rather than later.

He’s in the process of losing the locker room when you see the players body language and listen to their post game presser. Deshaun and JJ specifically. 

I would assume RAC would get the interim tag and I guess Kelley would get full control of the offenses 

Who would you like to see as the new possible HC and GM positions? 

Some names off the top of my head that I like what they’re doing with their current teams is,

Daboll, Bills OC

Bieniemy, Chiefs OC

McDaniels, Patriots OC (but I can’t see us go with another NE guy)

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Dabo Swinney should be choice 1 then Eric Bieniemy.

From everything I've read about Dabo, he's a lot like Jack Easterby - good "rah rah" sort of guy, but doesn't really get into strategy and vision. That's his assistants and coordinators.

- Eric Bienemy is still my top choice. I think he'd bring that KC magic to Watson.

- Lincoln Riley has to figure his rope is getting short at Oklahoma; He's a QB whisperer, and he gets a lot out of these hyperspread offenses. He could probably walk in tomorrow and get our offense humming.

- I like Anthony Weaver. I think he's a future HC, a leader of men in the same vein as Mike Vrabel.

I think - more important than HC - will be our GM hire. On that, only names I know about are second hand:

- Mike Borgonzi, Director of Player Personnel, Kansas City (natural fit if Bienemy is the target).

- Ed Dodds, Indianapolis Colts Assistant GM (former Seattle guy, Colts have a recent track record of great personnel decisions).

- Scott Fitterer, Co-director of Player Personnel, Seattle (was for consideration for the Jets gig, part of the Schneider GM tree).

- Joe Hortiz, Director of Player Personnel, Ravens (Ozzie disciple).

It may be a bit too early for him and I have no idea how he’d be as a head coach but I’m keeping an eye out on Joe Brady. Coached under Sean Payton and the Saints offense for a couple years, led LSU to one of the best offensive seasons we’ve ever seen in college football and has done a pretty good job a quarter of the way through this season with the Panthers offense(especially considering they’ve been without McCaffrey for half of them). 

As a fan of a division foe, I shudder to think what he could cook up with Watson.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

It may be a bit too early for him and I have no idea how he’d be as a head coach but I’m keeping an eye out on Joe Brady. Coached under Sean Payton and the Saints offense for a couple years, led LSU to one of the best offensive seasons we’ve ever seen in college football and has done a pretty good job a quarter of the way through this season with the Panthers offense(especially considering they’ve been without McCaffrey for half of them). 

As a fan of a division foe, I shudder to think what he could cook up with Watson.

Nah. This is a no-brainer. Adam Gase will be available soon, no way the Texans can pass him up.

19 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nah. This is a no-brainer. Adam Gase will be available soon, no way the Texans can pass him up.

Aa long as he can get us past the eventual 9-7 the Titans will eventually end up with, I'm good.

37 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I appreciate the optimism that we’ll get to play 16 games before taking down the entire league.

No, NO... I need a full 16 of incompetency to seal the deal with HIM. Any sort of cancellation will buy HIM time.