Sign in to follow this  
lumberjackchris

Head Coaching/GM Candidates

26 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

im starting to think people overrating weaver.  whoever the new hc will be need to completely clean house and hire his own guys.

The only upgrades he got from last years **** defense was Eric Murray. We’ve invested almost nothing in the D except for signing, Smart, Tough, Dependable players who weren’t that great.

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

We’re not bringing in a defensive minded HC with Watson as the QB. They’ll hire an OC to become a first time HC and possibly keep Weaver as DC or the née HC will bring in a veteran DC probably with some HCing experience to help/mentor

I'd like to think of Dan Quinn as a DC. HC experience, ran a stellar defense in Seattle, made a SB and had a solid unit until his secondary started to fall apart. 

Borgonzi, Bienemy, Quinn... I'd get excited about that.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'd like to think of Dan Quinn as a DC. HC experience, ran a stellar defense in Seattle, made a SB and had a solid unit until his secondary started to fall apart. 

Borgonzi, Bienemy, Quinn... I'd get excited about that.

I definitely would love that. If you look at the younger HCs with an offensive background, they've been smart to partner with an experienced DC to help balance out. McVay made it work with Wade early on and Kliff is doing that with Vance Joseph. I really want an offensive-minded coach so we can really unlock Watson. Give us a top 5 offense and we'll figure out the defense as we go along. 

16 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

I definitely would love that. If you look at the younger HCs with an offensive background, they've been smart to partner with an experienced DC to help balance out. McVay made it work with Wade early on and Kliff is doing that with Vance Joseph. I really want an offensive-minded coach so we can really unlock Watson. Give us a top 5 offense and we'll figure out the defense as we go along. 

I wouldn't scoff at Wade again, tbh. The Phillips family is a staple in Houston, Son of Bum would do solid work here again with Watt and maybe he could wake Mercilius up...