NFL reviewing Ramsey/Tate fight

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

From what I've read on the family situation, Jalen got what he deserved.

100% it’s foul what he did. But you

could tell he loves and cares for his kids. 

This was more for Tate as you ain’t going to disrespect my family like that. It was warranted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

This was more for Tate as you ain’t going to disrespect my family like that. It was warranted.

Pretty much, I'd hope most guys would step up for their sister like that. Jalen had it coming but he's obviously going to defend himself. I'd throw a nice fine at them both that'll go to charity and move on.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, spilltray said:

This is definitely suspension worthy. Picking a fight after the game over some personal beef is literally CRIMINAL. This is not how grown men should act, athletes or otherwise.

This is a bit of a stretch. Glad the NFL isn't overreacting to this.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

No. And it isn't because I think they should be suspended the entire season. It's because of what I expected Goodell to do. He is all over the place with his punishment decisions. 

I'd be shocked if they got more than a single game...

Just now, renndawg37 said:

I'd be shocked if they got more than a single game...

I do feel they deserve a suspension. But its not something I'm riding on some.sort of high horse about. If they don't get a suspension, so be it. The issue is, the next time this happens, the handling will be completely different and that there is the problem. The NFL has no consistency of punishments. No expectations amongst players, coaches. Etc.

When it comes to fines it seems like the conversation goes something like this:

"What do we want for dinner in the office tonight folks? [Insert stupid expensive meal option] Okay well let's see there is 20 of us, that'll cost about $,30 000 not including tax, so lets fine them $150,000." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I do feel they deserve a suspension. But its not something I'm riding on some.sort of high horse about. If they don't get a suspension, so be it. The issue is, the next time this happens, the handling will be completely different and that there is the problem. The NFL has no consistency of punishments. No expectations amongst players, coaches. Etc.

When it comes to fines it seems like the conversation goes something like this:

"What do we want for dinner in the office tonight folks? [Insert stupid expensive meal option] Okay well let's see there is 20 of us, that'll cost about $,30 000 not including tax, so lets fine them $150,000." 

Post-game scuffles aren't rare. They happen a few times every year.

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Wait, what happened with his kids? I didn't see the story about why this happened. 

Apparently Ramsey waited outside the locker room waiting for round 2 also

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

arent you a lawyer? isnt people hitting people considered battery, which in fact is a criminal offense. or am i off here?

It goes by state, but at least in Texas, its not a crime if both dudes want to fight. I could be wrong but I was told that once. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Wait, what happened with his kids? I didn't see the story about why this happened. 

Apparently Ramsey waited outside the locker room waiting for round 2 also

He broke up with his girlfriend while she was pregnant. And then flew out of state to be there when the baby was born, and takes complete care of the kids.

But because he and his ex don’t get along, he’s an evil guy for not bringing up his kids in a home with parents that fight constantly. 

13 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yes. They didn't let it impact the game whatsoever unless you count the play the Ramsey DRILLED Tate in the flat (legally).

Sometimes, this is how hyper aggressive, super athletes settle things. They waited until the game was done. They each swung at the same time from what I read so it was understood what was going to happen and now it's over. Fine them because that's just what the NFL does, but turning this into some suspension example-making scenario is just soft non-sense. It's over. Let's move on.

No. They did this while on the field. While cameras were still rolling. This is an NFL image problem if it’s just fines. Their needs to be suspensions. They didn’t handle this like men. If they want to be men, wait until the pads are taken off and go to some abandoned alley and duke it out. This was for clout chasing drama (cameras rolling) as much as for settling their personal vendetta.

If this were just them fighting cool, but premeditated? This deserves at least a game.

• Like 1