NFL reviewing Ramsey/Tate fight

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Omg. Some of you never grew up in the hood and it shows. My lawd. Some of you grew up in a protected and loving home. 

Also I grew up in the hood and not everyone who has thinks fighting is the way to settle things or is what “real men do.” So let’s not cast a broad stroke.

Edited by diamondbull424

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Wait, what happened with his kids? I didn't see the story about why this happened. 

Apparently Ramsey waited outside the locker room waiting for round 2 also

Where did you hear that? I heard that Ramsey waited outside the locker room for Tate, but they didn't have another confrontation. 

23 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

No. They did this while on the field. While cameras were still rolling. This is an NFL image problem if it’s just fines. Their needs to be suspensions. They didn’t handle this like men. If they want to be men, wait until the pads are taken off and go to some abandoned alley and duke it out. This was for clout chasing drama (cameras rolling) as much as for settling their personal vendetta.

If this were just them fighting cool, but premeditated? This deserves at least a game.

It's not an image problem. It's not a big deal. Y'all are massively overreacting. Confrontations happen all the time during and after games. It's not a big deal. Nobody got hurt. Nobody tried to smash the other guy in the head with a helmet. 

Edited by jrry32

34 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's not an image problem. It's not a big deal. Y'all are massively overreacting. Confrontations happen all the time during and after games. It's not a big deal. Nobody got hurt. Nobody tried to smash the other guy in the head with a helmet. 

If this were just a fight, who cares. But considering I’ve heard this was premeditated, I think a game and a hefty fine should be in order.

But I also thought Myles Garrett should’ve gotten suspended 16 games for his act.

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

If this were just a fight, who cares. But considering I’ve heard this was premeditated, I think a game and a hefty fine should be in order.

But I also thought Myles Garrett should’ve gotten suspended 16 games for his act.

Premeditated in what sense? They went at it on the field after coming into the game with personal issues, and that spilled over into a brief fight after the game. Again, it happens.

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Where did you hear that? I heard that Ramsey waited outside the locker room for Tate, but they didn't have another confrontation. 

Yeah, they avoided it but I never said they didn't. I just said he was waiting for him to go again.

https://247sports.com/Article/Jalen-Ramsey-Golden-Tate-fight-Los-Angeles-Rams-corner-waited-for-New-York-Giants-receiver-outside-locker-room-152468713/#:~:text=“Even after their on-field,drove him into the turf.

"“Even after their on-field confrontation, Jalen Ramsey was waiting outside the Giants locker room for Golden Tate, according to a source. He wanted more. Fortunately, they avoided Round 2,” ESPN’s Jordan Raanan tweeted."

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

12 hours ago, pwny said:

He broke up with his girlfriend while she was pregnant. And then flew out of state to be there when the baby was born, and takes complete care of the kids.

But because he and his ex don’t get along, he’s an evil guy for not bringing up his kids in a home with parents that fight constantly. 

I didn't realize it was Tate's sister also. That might have a teeny tiny bit to do w/ it also lol. Whole situation seems messed up

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, they avoided it but I never said they didn't. I just said he was waiting for him to go again.

https://247sports.com/Article/Jalen-Ramsey-Golden-Tate-fight-Los-Angeles-Rams-corner-waited-for-New-York-Giants-receiver-outside-locker-room-152468713/#:~:text=“Even after their on-field,drove him into the turf.

"“Even after their on-field confrontation, Jalen Ramsey was waiting outside the Giants locker room for Golden Tate, according to a source. He wanted more. Fortunately, they avoided Round 2,” ESPN’s Jordan Raanan tweeted."

That's interesting. The ESPN article didn't say that.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 6:46 AM, wwhickok said:

Its not an overreaction, its a bad decision.

Actually, it's not a bad decision.  It's a decision that's in line with precedent.

Some of y'all really need to grasp how a Collective Bargaining Agreement works and that, unless Goodell were going to tally this under the "Tarnishing the Shield" rule, if the displinary committee goes against past precedent, they leave the league itself open to violation of the mutually-agreed-upon CBA - which has legal consequences.  Labor law is applicable here as much, and (as the Myles Garrett incident has shown) probably more, than Criminal law.

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

The commentators are going crazy over one textbook tackle that used to be the norm for the league.  

That was Jack Ham every play in the 70s.  

Ronnie Lott and Brian Dawkins are somewhere laughing right now in their Gold Jackets thanking God that they didn't play in this Era. They'd be fined and suspended on a weekly basis if they were.