Game day thread week 5. Browns vs the Peoples temple of Indianapolis

Kiwibrown

who is our true hero?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. the true hero is

2. 2. who wins?

3. 3. Browns MVP through 4 weeks is

Browns defense is #1 in the league in takeaways (10) next closest is 8.

Browns are tied for 10th in giveaways(4).

That equals the Browns being #1 in turnover differential.

If our defenders could catch that could be much higher. 4 picks and 6 fumble recoveries. At least they are doing something while they are on the field.

Colts have allowed 60 1st downs. 16 by rush, 35 by air and 11 by penalty. Browns have allowed 77 first downs by the pass alone.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Imagine the wackiness that Stef or Ski or Messiah whatever we want his nickname to be could come up with Njoku/Hooper/Bryant on the field at the same time.

We saw it week1 lol

doesnt need to be crazy. Just having 3 TEs will greatly Dictate what personnel the defense will have. Can’t go 5 DBs with 3 TEs on the field. If you do, prepare to get hammered with the run. If you bring LBs, prepare to see a TE light you up with a mismatch. You gonna use a safety to help your TE when matched up with a LB, prepare to see OBJ and Jarvis win some one on one match ups. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Darius Leonard might not play. That will impact their run D.

Anthony Castanzo is hurt, but I bet he actually plays. I’ve read he just needs pain killers.

Those would both be huge. Outside of Nelson, their OL would be pretty average.

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Half our roster is on the injury report ffs.  

Neither Sheldon or Larry practiced yesterday, we need at least one of those dudes to be ready to go.  

Greedy is still limited....

I want to be patient here, but Greedy thus far has been made of glass. He's played 12 games thus far in his career, and while Wilks' scheme was awful, it's not like he really stood out last year.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Half our roster is on the injury report ffs.  

Neither Sheldon or Larry practiced yesterday, we need at least one of those dudes to be ready to go.  

Greedy is still limited....

I was wondering if Wed was a give the Vets a day off of practice day. Seemed like a lot of guys got a day of rest. 

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I want to be patient here, but Greedy thus far has been made of glass. He's played 12 games thus far in his career, and while Wilks' scheme was awful, it's not like he really stood out last year.

I’m trying to be patient too, but at some point you need to play, even if your shoulder is sore.  I’m just not sure what type of shoulder injury takes this long to heal that wouldn’t either a.) require surgery or b.) be bad enough the team would put you on IR for 3 weeks??

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m trying to be patient too, but at some point you need to play, even if your shoulder is sore.  I’m just not sure what type of shoulder injury takes this long to heal that wouldn’t either a.) require surgery or b.) be bad enough the team would put you on IR for 3 weeks??

IMO unless his range of motion is that poor as to where he can't tackle or lift it above his head to deflect passes, he should play. If it's an AC joint sprain or something like a labrum tear/rotator issue, then I get it, but other than that...come on dude.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO unless his range of motion is that poor as to where he can't tackle or lift it above his head to deflect passes, he should play. If it's an AC joint sprain or something like a labrum tear/rotator issue, then I get it, but other than that...come on dude.

If it’s a tear or something he’d be in IR I’d imagine.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If it’s a tear or something he’d be in IR I’d imagine.

Exactly

I'm not a doctor and don't know what kind of range of motion he has in that shoulder, but I'd imagine if he's "limited", it's nothing overtly serious. I like Mitchell, but we really need him in the slot to get one of our awful S or LB off of the field.