Week 5 GDT: Raiders (2-2) @ Chiefs (4-0)

NYRaider

19 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Didn’t we hold um to 28 last year?

Using "hold" pretty loosely here. They held themselves back more than anything, knowing a 2 score lead meant the game was over. 

KC could score at will on this team. But 30 will be enough by the 3rd, they can coast.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At least the game will not be in cold weather. That will be a big help to Carr and the offense.

This is actually a really good point to make. This is the first time in Carr's career he has played in KC in the months of September/October.

Whoever does the NFL Schedule is trash. It should rotate every year like a snake draft. vs KC, at KC and then the next year at KC, vs KC. Every single year.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is actually a really good point to make. This is the first time in Carr's career he has played in KC in the months of September/October.

Whoever does the NFL Schedule is trash. It should rotate every year like a snake draft. vs KC, at KC and then the next year at KC, vs KC. Every single year.

Honestly my biggest concern in this game though is the OL. I really feel like everything else will fall into place if we can run the football. Especially with Ruggs and Trent getting healthy. 

That and Gruden pulling out all the stops on offense to get this win. KC picked up all our tendencies last year, like the F follow play that Thornhill picked Dc on. It was just too predictable. We need to throw down the field or at least in intermediate areas with regularity. 

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Crazy to think at one point we won 6 consecutive at Arrowhead with Daunte Culpepper, JaMarcus Russell, Jason Campbell, and Carson Palmer at QB. And have lost 6 consecutive at Arrowhead with Derek Carr. 

1) Not a cold weather QB

2) Andy Reid

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

You forgot to add November.  I brought this up last year.  It is absolutely ridiculous that we had been scheduled that late in the season to play in KC for so long when everyone knows it is a big advantage for them.

If the Raiders win the coin toss. I don’t think the deferring to the 2h would be a smart play. They have deferred every time they could. 

Don’t want to play from behind from the get go. 

I don’t expect a win... Just don’t get embarrassed. Show some damn pride and put up a fight. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

If the Raiders win the coin toss. I don’t think the deferring to the 2h would be a smart play. They have deferred every time they could. 

Don’t want to play from behind from the get go. 

I don’t expect a win... Just don’t get embarrassed. Show some damn pride and put up a fight. 

I disagree, the pats and bills defering helped us stay in the game because we were able to score before the end of half. 
the saints, we got the pick and tied right before half. 
If we touch ball last in the first, its a free stop for our D lol

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I disagree, the pats and bills defering helped us stay in the game because we were able to score before the end of half. 
the saints, we got the pick and tied right before half. 
If we touch ball last in the first, its a free stop for our D lol

Well you’re counting on at least getting a stop with those teams. You cannot say that for KC. I think the worst thing you can do is kick and then they score a TD and your playing from behind. It’s a psychological thing. Kick KC scores in 4 minutes and it’s like damn here we go again. Get the ball score a TD and your feeling good. Gives the team a boost. 

Raiders ain’t stoping KC unless KC stops themselves. Rather give yourself a chance to play with a lead. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Well you’re counting on at least getting a stop with those teams. You cannot say that for KC. I think the worst thing you can do is kick and then they score a TD and your playing from behind. It’s a psychological thing. Kick KC scores in 4 minutes and it’s like damn here we go again. Get the ball score a TD and your feeling good. Gives the team a boost. 

Raiders ain’t stoping KC unless KC stops themselves. Rather give yourself a chance to play with a lead. 

haha yea, for sure. but on the flipside if we kick a FG to go up 17-10 with 1 min left in the half.. and then KC Scores a TD and gets ball after half, I feel that is a psychologically defeating as well. 
Obviously hypothetical, but I easily see that happening, if we dont kill the clock to end the half haha

• Like 1