Jump to content

Week 5 GDT: Raiders (2-2) @ Chiefs (4-0)


Recommended Posts

Probably the most complete game I've seen us play this far, what an effort.

Carr is beginning to return to form, you can see him starting to throw it up for WRs remeniscent of the Crabtree/Cooper years. A lot of that is having WRs he can trust and has familiarity with though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

People have literally wanted us to trade for Haskins. People have called for Mariota. People call him complete trash all the time. If we had the threads from all his KC losses I'm sure you'd see that throughout the entirety of each of those  threads. He's good and he finally has a team and coach to back him up.

Let's wait the whole season. I called Carr a Top 12 QB after six games last year and it massively backfired on me. And anyone who thinks he was any resemblance of good in the second half should pass me the pipe. Carr needs to show out all season. Not saying he can't have a bad game, but he has to have a tremendous season start to finish.

Edited by BayRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Without a doubt. Gotta pull your hats off and give Carr/Gruden a ton of credit. As I said earlier Carr became only the 2nd QB in the Mahomes era to go into Arrowhead and throw for more yards/TD than Mahomes along with Aaron Rodgers. He also became only the 4th QB to go into Arrowhead and throw for 300+ yards and 3+ TD in the Andy Reid era along with Rodgers, Rivers, and Manning. First Raiders QB to throw for 300+ yards at Arrowhead since Gannon in 2002 and this was the first 40+ point performance by an opposing team in Arrowhead since 2013 and only the like 8th time they've ever given up 40+ at home in franchise history. 

 

Time will tell, but it looks like time and consistency are paying off for the man. 3 years in the same system (one built around his strengths tbh) are nothing but a good thing and it looks like it's paying off. None of us know the future but it looks brighter today for the team than it did yesterday so fingers crossed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Let's wait the whole season. I called Carr a Top 12 QB after six games last year and it massively backfired on me. And anyone who thinks he was any resemblance of good in the second half should pass me the pipe. Carr needs to show out all season. Not saying he can't have a bad game, but he has to have a tremendous season start to finish.

Asking anyone to show out all season is unreasonable. He's going to have down points. Every player does. Hell people on twitter are saying Mahomes had a down day today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Let's wait the whole season. I called Carr a Top 12 QB after six games last year and it massively backfired on me. And anyone who thinks he was any resemblance of good in the second half should pass me the pipe. Carr needs to show out all season. Not saying he can't have a bad game, but he has to have a tremendous season start to finish.

Carr was fine the first 10 weeks of the season, we were 6-4 and he had thrown for like 2,500 yards, 15 TD, 5 INT despite playing against one of the toughest road stretches in NFL history and having pretty limited talent at WR once Williams got hurt. Including going toe to toe with Deshaun Watson in that late game loss at Houston. 

He certainly struggled against the Jets, Chiefs, and in the second half of the Titans game. But he played pretty good against the Jaguars and put us in a position to seal the win with his late game scramble that was called back due to that terrible flag that the NFL later admitted was the wrong call. He had probably his best game of the entire season against the Chargers in LA week 16. And then threw for like 400 yards against the Broncos week 17 and put us in a position to win the game late but we just went for 2 and lost because we were out of the playoff hunt and had nothing to play for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Time will tell, but it looks like time and consistency are paying off for the man. 3 years in the same system (one built around his strengths tbh) are nothing but a good thing and it looks like it's paying off. None of us know the future but it looks brighter today for the team than it did yesterday so fingers crossed. 

Carr's play so far this season is the best we've ever seen him play in his career. Through the first 10 games last season he had 15 TD passes and he already has 11 through the first 5 games this year. He had 6 games with a passer rating of 107+ last season and already has 5 this year. He had 8 games of 250+ passing yards last season and already has 4 this year. He had 6 multi touchdown passing games last year and already has 4 this year. He only had 1 300+ passing yard game all of last season and already has 2 this year. 

Our offense scored 30+ twice last season and has already done it three times this year. We were held under 20 points 7 times last year and haven't been held under 20 once yet so far this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

Someone get Frankie in here to put you back in your place 😂😂😂

Im back Lol I wont trash on @BayRaider too bad.  He knows what his stance on Carr was as he was the most vocal calling for his head this offseason.  Trade Carr, sign Brady or Ol' Crab legs, mortage the future for Tua blah bah.... I've said all that needs to be said and what was obvious to me wasn't to a lot of people on here.  I have a very keen eye for talent and a lot of people do not even though they claim to.  If I'm not mistaken bayraider called Herbert trash and Tua an all pro.  It's still to early to tell but I will say Tua being an All Pro is straight laughable.  

I believe I read earlier he said the Phins are a 12 win team with Tua...  I can't make this stuff up hahahah

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree wholeheartedly. So far he has been incredibly efficient and today he showed the down field aspect we haven't seen since 2016. Today he was as accurate and efficient as he's ever been while also throwing in the explosive aspect we've all been wanting to see since 2016. If anything he looked better throwing down field today than we've ever seen him. Fingers crossed the coaching staff keeps pushing that on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Im back Lol I wont trash on @BayRaider too bad.  He knows what his stance on Carr was as he was the most vocal calling for his head this offseason.  Trade Carr, sign Brady, mortage the future for Tua blah bah.... I've said all that needs to be said and what was obvious to me wasn't to a lot of people on here.  I have a very keen eye for talent and a lot of people do not even though they claim to.  If I'm not mistaken bayraider called Herbert trash and Tua an all pro.

I believe I read earlier he said the Phins are a 12 win team with Tua...  I can't make this stuff up hahahah

The thing that trips me out is that Carr really wasn't even that bad last season. 4,000 yards and 21 TD despite pretty much no talent at WR, an extremely tough schedule, and having to deal with the AB drama/fall out. 

We went 6-4 during that extremely tough stretch to start the year. And even though we finished 1-2 in our last 3 and 7-9 on the year, we should've won the Jaguars and Broncos games after Carr put us in position to do so but it just didn't work out. 

Houston is 1-4 and Watson is on pace for like 24 TD without Hopkins. The Eagles are 1-3-1 and Wentz is on pace for like 20 TD without his stop receivers. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Im back Lol I wont trash on @BayRaider too bad.  He knows what his stance on Carr was as he was the most vocal calling fo his head this offseason.  I've said all that needs to be said and what was obvious to me wasnt to a lot of people on here.  I have a very keen eye for talent and a lot of people do not even though they claim to.  If I'm not mistaken bayraider called Herbert trash and Tua an all pro.

I believe I read earlier he said the Phins are a 12 win team with Tua...  I can't make this stuff up hahahah

Lot of things to address here... 
 

1) Never called for Carrs “head” in the offseason. I did say if Mayock and Gruden feel strongly about someone, they should take him. I said we should give Carr one more season in 2020, and the only way we keep him for 2021 is if he balls out all season. I said this many many times. So far, he is doing a good job. I never once advocated for a QB in the 1st Round. I did like Jordan Love but I never said we should take him. For Pick 19 he was my 6th choice behind five other guys. Which to me would of just been BPA at that point. 
 

2) I was not big on Herbert, just like I’m big on Tua. This is true. Let’s give these QB’s 3-4 years before we judge eh? Judging after a few games is pretty laughable. I said Daniel Jones would be a massive bust, am I rubbing that in Giants fans faces? Nope. Waiting 3 years. Even though Jones looks like the worst starting QB in the NFL. 
 

3) I do think Dolphins go 12-4 with Tua. Could be next year, could be 2022. Have you seen how that team is playing this year...? Plus very likely two Top 10 picks in the draft. Tua + Myles Gaskin + JaMar Chase + DaVante Parker. Tua is going to be a very very good QB in this league. Agree to disagree. 

Edited by BayRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I agree wholeheartedly. So far he has been incredibly efficient and today he showed the down field aspect we haven't seen since 2016. Today he was as accurate and efficient as he's ever been while also throwing in the explosive aspect we've all been wanting to see since 2016. If anything he looked better throwing down field today than we've ever seen him. Fingers crossed the coaching staff keeps pushing that on him. 

He's 11/18 on throws 20+ yards down field with 4 TD and 1 INT through 5 games. And realistically should be 12/19 with 5 TD had they not called that Agholor TD back last week. In the 6 quarters we've had a healthy Ruggs available he's 6/10 on throws of 20+ yards with 3 TD and 1 INT.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically, I wanted Carr for 2020, but I wanted damn near perfection for the 2020 season and no more excuses, and this isn’t just me, it was probably half the damn forum. So far, Carr looks pretty dang good, and I’ll make a full evaluation after the year. Called him a Top 12 QB after six games last season and massively learned my lesson. Let’s see what Carr does in 16 games. 

Edited by BayRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

2) I was not big on Herbert, just like I’m big on Tua. This is true. Let’s give these QB’s 3-4 years before we judge eh? Judging after a few games is pretty laughable. I said Daniel Jones would be a massive bust, am I rubbing that in Giants fans faces? Nope. Waiting 3 years. Even though Jones looks like the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

3) I do think Dolphins go 12-4 with Tua. Could be next year, could be 2022. Have you seen how that team is playing this year...? Plus very likely two Top 10 picks in the draft. Tua + Myles Gaskin + JaMar Chase + DaVante Parker. Tua is going to be a very very good QB in this league. Agree to disagree. 

Yeah the Herbert hype is getting a little out of hand. They're 0-3 with him starting, their offense is only averaging 20 ppg in those 3 games, and he has made a bunch of crucial mistakes down the stretch in all 3 of their losses. He has definitely made some splashy plays and nice throws but he did that at Oregon as well. 

I think 12-4 is a pretty big stretch tbh. They were competitive against the Bills and Seahawks and picked up their two wins against the Jaguars and 49ers because Fitzpatrick played well and carried their offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah the Herbert hype is getting a little out of hand. They're 0-3 with him starting, their offense is only averaging 20 ppg in those 3 games, and he has made a bunch of crucial mistakes down the stretch in all 3 of their losses. He has definitely made some splashy plays and nice throws but he did that at Oregon as well. 

I think 12-4 is a pretty big stretch tbh. They were competitive against the Bills and Seahawks and picked up their two wins against the Jaguars and 49ers because Fitzpatrick played well and carried their offense. 

I’m just loving how Miamis Offense is looking, with two possible Top 15 picks. One for defense, one on a WR. And insert Tua. Maybe 10 wins next year and 12 for 2022. Entirely in the realm of possibility. Their rebuild is going very swell so far. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...