Week 5 GDT: Raiders (2-2) @ Chiefs (4-0)

NYRaider

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So basically, I wanted Carr for 2020, but I wanted damn near perfection for the 2020 season and no more excuses, and this isn’t just me, it was probably half the damn forum. So far, Carr looks pretty dang good, and I’ll make a full evaluation after the year. 

This is downright dishonest BayRaider.

You spent all offseason pushing Tom Brady down our throats, every other mock you did had a change of QB and you even had Jordan Love mocked to us numerous times. You didnt want 'beta male' Carr at all and spent the offseason degrading him and telling us repeatedly what a loser he is.

Fair play, you did praise him in the 2nd half if yesterday's game but don't try and spin this into a 'reasonable evaluation'. You even started a Tom Brady thread in NFL General so you can pleasure yourself over his exploits this year ffs!

We, I think, can all deal with conflicting opinions and some 'out there' ideas but what we don't like is outright dishonesty.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Another Dime by Carr

Do you still want to get rid of Carr?  Do you still believe he is a bum that we should cast off?  

You were one of the most vocal Carr haters on this board.  Are you willing to admit you were completely wrong about him?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

12 hours ago, FloydFan said:

And he did a lot of those numbers today in a do or die moment in the game. It was excellent. It's time for folks to ease up on the guy. Raiders twitter and Facebook is a swamp of negativity towards him, but he's the best consistency at QB for this organization since Gannon. 

Used up all my likes today but this is a great point. When we really needed a play, he made them. I can live with the odd bad play and interception even if he rises to the occasion and gives us a chance. Al Davis used to say 'great players play great in great games' and Carr played great today in a great game. Kudos.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This is downright dishonest BayRaider.

You spent all offseason pushing Tom Brady down our throats, every other mock you did had a change of QB and you even had Jordan Love mocked to us numerous times. You didnt want 'beta male' Carr at all and spent the offseason degrading him and telling us repeatedly what a loser he is.

Fair play, you did praise him in the 2nd half if yesterday's game but don't try and spin this into a 'reasonable evaluation'. You even started a Tom Brady thread in NFL General so you can pleasure yourself over his exploits this year ffs!

We, I think, can all deal with conflicting opinions and some 'out there' ideas but what we don't like is outright dishonesty.

Hahah 100 percent.  I love when people have to eat crow but own it and admit @BayRaider you were completely off base with your evaluation/ assessment of the player Carr is.  @Darbsk is right in that you were convinced that Mayock and Gruden wanted Carr out and they were looking at every option to get rid of him.  You bought the TV talking head shills hype and backed it up with your own take on why Carr is not someone we can win with, "he's a beta, he can''t go deep, his WR's were good, he lacks the mental aspect to be a legit NFL QB " blah blah.  You clearly overestimated his supporting case on both O and D and severely underestimated who Carr is. 

You were pounding the table for Old man Brady, wanted us to draft Love or mortgage our future to take your future HOFer in Tua.  Just like I pointed out from day 1 and let's say that Mayock listened to you.  He trades Carr to the Bears and drafts a rookie.  Carr on the Bears are a legit deep playoff team, Carr would ball out there and it's highly unlikely a rookie is playing like Carr is right now for us and certainly a rookie wouldn't go into KC and out duel Mahomes like Carr did yesterday.  Do you have any idea how foolish that would have been and people would be calling for Mayock's head.  I called this scenario from day 1 and said no way is Mayock that stupid.  Let's just say I am glad I was right :)

Carr is having a heck of a season and what was so obvious to me was so foreign to you.  Call it a trained eye for talent and me being highly educated on the philosophy of football or whatever you want.  The bottom line is you were wrong and I was right.  

I also remember asking you to name the top 10 building block QB's in the NFL.  You put Carr somewhere around 20.  Do you still stand by that evaluation?  

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Hahah 100 percent.  I love when people have to eat crow but own it and admit @BayRaider you were completely off base with your evaluation/ assessment of the player Carr is.  @Darbsk is right in that you were convinced that Mayock and Gruden wanted Carr out and they were looking at every option to get rid of him.  You bought the TV talking head shills hype and backed it up with your own take on why Carr is not someone we can win with, "he's a beta, he can''t go deep, his WR's were good, he lacks the mental aspect to be a legit NFL QB " blah blah.  You clearly overestimated his supporting case on both O and D and severely underestimated who Carr is. 

You were pounding the table for Old man Brady, wanted us to draft Love or mortgage our future to take your future HOFer in Tua.  Just like I pointed out from day 1 and let's say that Mayock listened to you.  He trades Carr to the Bears and drafts a rookie.  Carr on the Bears are a legit deep playoff team, Carr would ball out there and it's highly unlikely a rookie is playing like Carr is right now for us and certainly a rookie wouldn't go into KC and out duel Mahomes like Carr did yesterday.  Do you have any idea how foolish that would have been and people would be calling for Mayock's head.  I called this scenario from day 1 and said no way is Mayock that stupid.  Let's just say I am glad I was right :)

Carr is having a heck of a season and what was so obvious to me was so foreign to you.  Call it a trained eye for talent and me being highly educated on the philosophy of football or whatever you want.  The bottom line is you were wrong and I was right.  

I also remember asking you to name the top 10 building block QB's in the NFL.  You put Carr somewhere around 20.  Do you still stand by that evaluation?  

All the DC supporters are going in hard (I'm one of them). This is a good 2 weeks for us. Get to soak in the DC dominance for 2 weeks lol. Just to remind everyone, DC just went into KC and won!!! Deep balls and everything lol.

Just now, Jerry said:

All the DC supporters are going in hard (I'm one of them). This is a good 2 weeks for us. Get to soak in the DC dominance for 2 weeks lol. Just to remind everyone, DC just went into KC and won!!! Deep balls and everything lol.

He is playing this season exactly like I knew he would.  I have said all along that all he was lacking was surrounding talent and so far I have been right.  He is playing at a pro bowl level and like I have also said that if we have a middle of the road D this is a playoff team.  Heck yeah I'm going hard, I spent countless hours trying to educate these guys about what Carr was doing, why he was playing like he did and how that is smart football for his career. He clearly learned from his brother and bravo for Carr.  I am happy he is balling out, I'm happy the Raiders are winning games and I am happy I was right :)

You would swear we won the Superbowl yesterday with the way Frankie is posting. Dude we're 3-2, chill TF out. We were 6-4 last year and Carr collapsed down the stretch last year. Yes, he is playing very well so far and had two impressive games against two should-be winning teams in NO and KC. But this is a full season evaluation. Guys like Gardner Minshew, Matt Stafford, Ryan Tannehill, Teddy Bridgewater, Mayfield and hell even Ryan Fitzpatrick are also playing well and that is still the tier Carr belongs in until he does anything of note in the playoffs.

Carr has proven that he's not a franchise changing QB, who can succeed and elevate lesser talent around him. That's why we've spent most of our assets and money on offense to help him. We know already he can play well with good talent around him and he has done that so far this year. We have highest paid Oline, top 6 RB, Top 3 TE, and the most dynamic rookie WR in the draft. It's his 3rd year in Grudens system. He should be playing well. 

Calm down and let's see how it all plays out before all the I told you so's. Because if he collapses again, you will be looking as dumb as you did with your DGB nonsense.

• Like 2

While happy for Carr. Let's pump the breaks. The issue with Carr has never been he can't put these type performances together, it's about doing it consistently. Him consistently playing this way will elevate him to the next level of of QBs. Tampa present a great test next game with a strong defense.

Also, while great for Carr to get that monkey off his back at Arrowhead, let's be somewhat realistic in that the environment there is not normal. There isn't the same home field advantage for KC as a normal season would bring. 

Lastly, this is the first time he's played in KC without it being a cold weather game, which is his other major criticism. He has to show he can play to this level in Nov. and Dec. when the temperatures drop. 

All I'm saying, we need to stop getting so high on the highs and low on the lows. Never seen a more polarizing player 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

You would swear we won the Superbowl yesterday with the way Frankie is posting. Dude we're 3-2, chill TF out. We were 6-4 last year and Carr collapsed down the stretch last year. Yes, he is playing very well so far and had two impressive games against two should-be winning teams in NO and KC. But this is a full season evaluation. Guys like Gardner Minshew, Matt Stafford, Ryan Tannehill, Teddy Bridgewater, Mayfield and hell even Ryan Fitzpatrick are also playing well and that is still the tier Carr belongs in until he does anything of note in the playoffs.

Carr has proven that he's not a franchise changing QB, who can succeed and elevate lesser talent around him. That's why we've spent most of our assets and money on offense to help him. We know already he can play well with good talent around him and he has done that so far this year. We have highest paid Oline, top 6 RB, Top 3 TE, and the most dynamic rookie WR in the draft. It's his 3rd year in Grudens system. He should be playing well. 

Calm down and let's see how it all plays out before all the I told you so's. Because if he collapses again, you will be looking as dumb as you did with your DGB nonsense.

Hahaha bitter much?   You are one of the other haters who is now eating crow.  

Tell me what building block QB's you would rather have over Carr right now?  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

I just am happy to see that the argument is now, i will wait to evaluate carr after the season. 
lol so many of these posters were saying mariota would beat out carr or start after our bye week lol.
then there was all the seasons over before we even played week 1 and how mayock has done nothing talk lol

we are 3-2 after a brutal starting schedule and a lot of injuries. Our team is 2 or 3 players on D away from being really well rounded. 
our O when healthy can be dangerous