Week 5 GDT: Raiders (2-2) @ Chiefs (4-0)

NYRaider

39 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The KC offense almost did not have to take the field in that game to win.  Our first half drives were:

INT, Fumble, Punt, TO on downs, pick 6, and missed FG.  We did not get our first score till the 1st play of the 4th.  Carr needs to show up and get this monkey off his back and I do not mean putting up stats in garbage time.

Dam I almost forgot how bad it was

We need our D to summon the spirit of Tatum and Atkinson, light up a couple of their receivers early and Lynn Swann that little abuser Hill even if we have to take the 15. We really need to unsettle them and take them out of their comfort zone.

If they play well and we play well, they'll win as they're the better team so we have to upset the applecart somehow. Carr says he wants some respect, well if he plays well here then he'll start to get it. He has to earn it starting from now as nothing is given when you wear a Raider uniform!

59 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

We need our D to summon the spirit of Tatum and Atkinson, light up a couple of their receivers early and Lynn Swann that little abuser Hill even if we have to take the 15. We really need to unsettle them and take them out of their comfort zone.

If they play well and we play well, they'll win as they're the better team so we have to upset the applecart somehow. Carr says he wants some respect, well if he plays well here then he'll start to get it. He has to earn it starting from now as nothing is given when you wear a Raider uniform!

This right here is my issue with letting go of Joseph.  Him and Abram could have developed into tone setters for the defense.  Harris is not playing better than Joseph and Joseph makes impact plays.  All because Guenther wants bigger safeties and Gruden does not care about getting rid of Reggie's picks.  Joseph never got a fair shake from Guenther and Gruden.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This right here is my issue with letting go of Joseph.  Him and Abram could have developed into tone setters for the defense.  Harris is not playing better than Joseph and Joseph makes impact plays.  All because Guenther wants bigger safeties and Gruden does not care about getting rid of Reggie's picks.  Joseph never got a fair shake from Guenther and Gruden.

I really liked Joseph, was always frustrated with the way we used him. Him and Abram back there would be excellent tone setters as you say and Joseph was something of a playmaker with range in college but never really had that role with us. Such a shame.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I really liked Joseph, was always frustrated with the way we used him. Him and Abram back there would be excellent tone setters as you say and Joseph was something of a playmaker with range in college but never really had that role with us. Such a shame.

HIs issue was we always locked him up on TEs that had 8+ inches on him and he would blow a coverage assignment a couple times a year.  He had to play his career next to Reggie Nelson and the when we brought in Abram he gets hurt in the first game.  Would have been nice if he got to play with a starting caliber S for more than 1 game in his 4 years here.

• Like 1

Game day! A win here would be the biggest win in Carr’s career. The Raiders don’t even need to win the game for Carr to come out this as a winner. Carr has been so awful in that stadium and just needs to go out and perform and make this a competitive game where he goes 250 with a couple TDs in the game where it matters and not in garbage time. He cannot disappear and crumble like we seen him do before. Not cold half empty stadium. Brown and Ruggs should both be back. No more excuses. Defense is gonna suck, but what can you do when the ball is in your hands. 

The biggest thing is we knew that when (Carr) did take shots downfield, we understood it pre-snap by the formation, and it put us in position to make a play," Mathieu said after the win. "Tight ends, running backs, check-downs, that’s his game. We were able to capitalize when he did try to throw it downfield."

That’s a chief player from last year. Like all of us they know what Carr is and know what he likes. Time for Gruden to change some things up on offense so KC is not alerted pre snap. 

I would expect heavy usage of Ruggs in this game. 

• Like 1