Sign in to follow this  
dll2000

Colts Post Game

I feel bad for you guys, that was an ugly game, but for me it had a very good possibility of looking like that.

Reason it sucked 1) This team is supposed to be a legendary defense and we were hoping for an average offense. I don't understand it, and can't pin all the blame on Quinn and Trevathan looked off, but the defense is not what we hoped for, so the team is not going to beat good teams.  Whatever's not firing on D is going to keep this team from going anywhere until it's fixed.

Reason 2 you drank too much) The offense got it's new QB and style last week, and he never got to develop timing and knowledge about what his receivers will do in certain situations.  

Reason 3 you're hungover and the TV mount is broken: That team was not ready, and this you can lay on Nagy all day.  They looked lazy and soft and I haven't felt like that before. I can handle them being BAD but when they're all staring at the next guy to make a play it's frustrating

Anyway, the Colts might be answering their questions with "the Colts are actually pretty good, ignore the Jags game" While the Bears might be going the other way.  I'm willing to give it time to see what Nagy can do with what Pace brought home, it's not they'll be good by firing everyone Tuesday morning. I think we all thought average QB play would make this team noisy, but we didn't get that, and the rest of the team is not as good as we all thought.

37 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I feel bad for you guys, that was an ugly game, but for me it had a very good possibility of looking like that.

Reason it sucked 1) This team is supposed to be a legendary defense and we were hoping for an average offense. I don't understand it, and can't pin all the blame on Quinn and Trevathan looked off, but the defense is not what we hoped for, so the team is not going to beat good teams.  Whatever's not firing on D is going to keep this team from going anywhere until it's fixed.

Reason 2 you drank too much) The offense got it's new QB and style last week, and he never got to develop timing and knowledge about what his receivers will do in certain situations.  

Reason 3 you're hungover and the TV mount is broken: That team was not ready, and this you can lay on Nagy all day.  They looked lazy and soft and I haven't felt like that before. I can handle them being BAD but when they're all staring at the next guy to make a play it's frustrating

Anyway, the Colts might be answering their questions with "the Colts are actually pretty good, ignore the Jags game" While the Bears might be going the other way.  I'm willing to give it time to see what Nagy can do with what Pace brought home, it's not they'll be good by firing everyone Tuesday morning. I think we all thought average QB play would make this team noisy, but we didn't get that, and the rest of the team is not as good as we all thought.

What else is new? Relying on the defense. Dude they gave up 19 points. They gave up 3 yards per carry. They gave up Rivers' worst game of the year in terms of ypa and completion percentage. 

The offense scored 3 points if you take away the bs late TD. 

Stop feeding into the garbage Chicago mentality of this black and blue stuff. Great D and terrible O hasn't worked and will continue to not do so. Demand better from the offense for once. The GM traded up for a RB, QB, OG and WR. He has signed Graham and Burton & drafted Kmet and Shaheen. He doesn't draft OL. Demand better from these clowns

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What else is new? Relying on the defense. Dude they gave up 19 points. They gave up 3 yards per carry. They gave up Rivers' worst game of the year in terms of ypa and completion percentage. 

The offense scored 3 points if you take away the bs late TD. 

Stop feeding into the garbage Chicago mentality of this black and blue stuff. Great D and terrible O hasn't worked and will continue to not do so. Demand better from the offense for once. The GM traded up for a RB, QB, OG and WR. He has signed Graham and Burton & drafted Kmet and Shaheen. He doesn't draft OL. Demand better from these clowns

That's not me. I don't love the chicago meatball preference of strong d and run the ball, in fact I hate it. A strong d needs a lot of quality players to work, and those guys get paid. Great running game takes good rb and great ol, so you might as well use that great ol on the pass game where you can get more big plays.

It won't happen, but I'd be fine trading every good player with a contract, tanking, and getting a good qb to build around. So much more potential for long term success than having a great, expensive d

I was just saying that the best case scenario for this team was great d, to carry an average offense. If that happened I'd enjoy it, but still think it's dumb to build a team like that in 2020. 

11 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

That's not me. I don't love the chicago meatball preference of strong d and run the ball, in fact I hate it. A strong d needs a lot of quality players to work, and those guys get paid. Great running game takes good rb and great ol, so you might as well use that great ol on the pass game where you can get more big plays.

It won't happen, but I'd be fine trading every good player with a contract, tanking, and getting a good qb to build around. So much more potential for long term success than having a great, expensive d

I was just saying that the best case scenario for this team was great d, to carry an average offense. If that happened I'd enjoy it, but still think it's dumb to build a team like that in 2020. 

Pace’s plan can simply be described as dumb.

48 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pace’s plan can simply be described as dumb.

I'm confused with what Nagy wants too. I remember his success in KC and their focus on speed and YAC. @G08 and I both thought the speed factor was why Sammy Watkins was going to get the contract offer over ARob because of it. But really he never put a premium on speed, like he wanted to make Tru some precision passer rather than a run and gun QB. For all his time under Reid he didnt seem to copy a lot from him. 

Now this might have been a Pace thing too but I cant imagine Nagy has no say in who they go after, Pace surely didn't just hire a yes man. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Stop feeding into the garbage Chicago mentality of this black and blue stuff. 

Outside of this forum I feel like this is the expectation from most fans, but we don't have the personnel for that offense. OL is really athletic but not that powerful, only 1 TE is a good blocker even for their size, etc. 

"Great defense worked in 85... durr..." You mean when Chicago also scored the 2nd most points in the damn league too?! 

Ugh. I'm off my soap box now. Lol

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

He has signed Graham and Burton & drafted Kmet and Shaheen.

Not a HOF TE after 4 games is a bad pick = overreaction from dumb fans.

HAHAHA. Last week you tried to tell me that you weren't saying Kmet was a bad pick 

A week ago you tried to say Kmet was a bad pick after 3 games and I called you out on your (usual) ridiculous post and then you tried to backpedal and say that it wasn't what you meant to say just to try and save face. Yet, here were are again. What your excuse this time? 

Dude, face it. You don't even understand the basics of football. You simply follow the ball and read twitter and that's it. And that's fine and all. There's nothing wrong with that. But stop trying to pretend that you understand things that you clearly don't. It makes you foolish. 

If you don't even know the basics of the TE position and their assignments then that should be a conversation that you should stay away from. 

And FYI, Graham is tied for 2nd in the league in TD's, including 2 big 4th Q catches while playing in inept offense. To mention him only furthers my point. 

It's fine to say Kmet is a "Y TE" who won't necessarily receive a lot of the targets.

But why did you use your most valuable draft asset on a player who is so seldom targeted and who plays so few snaps? This is a team built to win now. Why not use that asset on a player who could make a more immediate contribution?

Graham does have 3 TDs. 

Outside of that his numbers are bad. Definitely overpaid for what he is providing, which is just a red zone target in isolation back shoulder throws. 

Just now, abstract_thought said:

It's fine to say Kmet is a "Y TE" who won't necessarily receive a lot of the targets.

But why did you use your most valuable draft asset on a player who is so seldom targeted and who plays so few snaps? This is a team built to win now. Why not use that asset on a player who could make a more immediate contribution?

Fair, I expected him to be more involved. I am not sure why we get so much Graham, who offers nothing dynamic.

32 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

1) This offense needed blocking TEs after the **** show last year.

2) Just because a Y TE is being used as a blocking TE right now does not mean he will never be used in any other facet. 

4 games into Kmet's career and he's already being labeled a bust. All the while playing in a offense trying find it's identity and a position that takes time to develop, . 

Jesus christ. I'm used to fans overreacting about players but this takes it a whole nother level.

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm confused with what Nagy wants too. I remember his success in KC and their focus on speed and YAC. @G08 and I both thought the speed factor was why Sammy Watkins was going to get the contract offer over ARob because of it. But really he never put a premium on speed, like he wanted to make Tru some precision passer rather than a run and gun QB. For all his time under Reid he didnt seem to copy a lot from him. 

Now this might have been a Pace thing too but I cant imagine Nagy has no say in who they go after, Pace surely didn't just hire a yes man. 

Outside of this forum I feel like this is the expectation from most fans, but we don't have the personnel for that offense. OL is really athletic but not that powerful, only 1 TE is a good blocker even for their size, etc. 

"Great defense worked in 85... durr..." You mean when Chicago also scored the 2nd most points in the damn league too?! 

Ugh. I'm off my soap box now. Lol

Argh, I just want to be clear I'm not advocating for that... I just think that the way this team is set up it's not going to win any other way, not that I think "chance into a historic defense and maybe the QB won't step on his ****" is like, a sound operating strategy.  And while "need to win now to take advantage of the defense" is true and a real thing, it's also fluky as hell and not a high percentage plan. 

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

4 games into Kmet's career and he's already being labeled a bust. All the while playing in a offense trying find it's identity and a position that takes time to develop, . 

Jesus christ. I'm used to fans overreacting about players but this takes it a whole nother level.

To be fair,  I think the people talking Kmet were just saying that they'd like to see him more involved, which based on draft status, BUT we all know about developing TEs, also BUT we have Graham ahead of him on pass plays and that's fine because he's doing exactly what he's here to do which is body guys out in the end zone and has done decent at that. If we had more trips there he'd probably have even more TDs, and 3 at this point in the season is great.  He's not supposed to be Travis Kelce, he's supposed to be a complimentary part of the offense for specific situations. The problem is there's not much to complement.  And as to Kmet, I'm not worried until season 2. 

20 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Argh, I just want to be clear I'm not advocating for that... I just think that the way this team is set up it's not going to win any other way, not that I think "chance into a historic defense and maybe the QB won't step on his ****" is like, a sound operating strategy.  And while "need to win now to take advantage of the defense" is true and a real thing, it's also fluky as hell and not a high percentage plan. 

Right that was independent of anything you posted, I wasnt meaning to sound like I insinuated anything for anyone else. I just don't think there was a very good blueprint for the team initially

That or they scrapped it and tried to change it halfway through. 

21 hours ago, topwop1 said:

What do you mean by basically walk through practices?  Did they change how they practice this year during the week?

I understand the rust factor and all that but the game plan was absolute dog**** and Nagy didn't adjust at all during the game to help his tackles out who were clearly overmatched.

I;m not expecting for the offense to play lights out every game, but at least adjust and change the game plan as the game goes on and you realize it isn't working for you.

I just mean NFL doesn’t bang in practice once regular season starts.   So camp reps are huge.   But all reps matter.  

Even Brady was getting chased out of parks all Spring and Summer getting practices in.  

Foles didn’t do that.