Colts Post Game

dll2000

7 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Just finished up the Hoge and Jahns podcast, they close with "Give Cole Kmet the football, it'll make Jahns feel better" so you're all not alone

Does any one ever feel that guys like Jahns and other Bears beat reporters secretly have burner accounts here on footballsfuture?  Or what about guys like Pace and Nagy?

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Does any one ever feel that guys like Jahns and other Bears beat reporters secretly have burner accounts here on footballsfuture?  Or what about guys like Pace and Nagy?

I bet a lot have burner accounts on Twitter. Wasn't an NBA exec exposed a year ago? Jerry Colangelo perhaps?

22 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

There's a Bears blogger that was really into Josh Rosen trade last year,   I just assumed everyone thought that was me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I believe Biggs or one of the beat writers years back once quoted this site as a source in an article. 

-Matt Nagy got clowned. His game plan was conservative and idiotic against a cover 2 team. I was under the impression that the game plan was limited by the QB and what I saw was scared coach. His offense sucks and now that he does not have Mitch to hide behind and blame it is on him every time that they suck. Nagy is now 0/1.

-Nick Foles sucked. He was late, inaccurate, and checked downed a ton. He was everything we hate about Mitch, only way less athletic and capable of the occassional splash play. If this is what we are going to get from Foles we can likely start planning for a higher pick.

-Tarik Cohen gets hurt so Nagy decides to over use Patterson and in stupid downs and distances. If I see Patterson run another 3rd and 1 up the middle I will kill someone. He sucks at it, stop featuring him and tell him to take a knee in the endzone, we desperately need that 5-7 yards.

-Give David Montgomery the ball you bald "be you" hack.

-Allen Robinson is good and should be paid. I would take the money out of Pace's pocket if necessary to do it. Pathetic that they cannot get a deal done with him.

-Anthony Miller, I have seen enough, he is now Darnell Mooney's backup and could not be more inconsistent if he tried. Time for the Memphis grind to take place on the bench.

-Darnell Mooney's catch on the sideline was beautiful. Like watching a perfect snowflake fall from the sky... on to the steaming dog turd of the Bears offense.

-Tedd Ginn get the **** off the field. He wanted to return a punt about as badly as I want to extend Ryan Pace. 

-I am beginning to worry that Cole Kmet may have been kidnapped by international human trafficers and we need Liam Neeson to go get him. Jimmy isn't good enough not to get this guy more than 15 reps, lets see what the kid can do.

-Demetrius Harris can block and catch a little. He was open and missed a few times, which would have been big gains.

-Jimmy Graham is a really bad blocker and not super dynamic in the pass game. Can we not see what Kmet can do with some of these reps.

-Charles Leno needs some more youtube videos explaining how he isn't a turnstile. If he were on the ground anymore in the run game they should just paint a line down his back so he blends in. If we had anyone else, I think he would be benched.

-Germain Ifedi was solid

-Massie was solid.

-James Daniels had some ugly reps against Buckner, but was okay.

-Cody Whitehair has played back to back bad games and has really not been as good since he got paid. I really thought based on his first couple of years that he may be an upper tier C in the league for a long time and he is just solid. Whiethair was awful.

A lot of gloom and doom for a hard fought game against a very, very good opponent.

The defense wasn't great, but at least we didn't have those scary lapses that plagued the first three games.

One thing that's been harped on in here that I'll wholeheartedly agree with--Nagy got absolutely OWNED. His gameplan (if he actually had one to speak of) was terrible. I detailed how the Bears needed to approach the Colts, and it was common sense stuff. Nagy, basically, didn't do any of that. It was pathetic. I think I saw one play where there was a fullback, and that FB was Nall (?). Another play--3rd and 2 and I'm screaming at the TV for him to just get the first down. Of course, he goes for the touchdown. And the Colts defended it like that's what they expected. Not a surprise, chunk play if the defense is expecting it.

Beyond frustrating. 

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:
-Matt Nagy got clowned. His game plan was conservative and idiotic against a cover 2 team. I was under the impression that the game plan was limited by the QB and what I saw was scared coach. His offense sucks and now that he does not have Mitch to hide behind and blame it is on him every time that they suck. Nagy is now 0/1.

You're half right. His game plan wasn't conservative, although the running game was totally vanilla...that may be what you're getting at. His game plan SHOULD have been conservative. Instead, it was about the same as what we saw versus Atlanta. Which is unbelievably stupid.