Chubb update

malibuspeedrace

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This system breeds production from running backs very similar how SF is able to take guys like Wilson and Mostert and have them produce. I think whoever is #3 will be just fine

I’m almost positive Hilliard at Tulane, ran the zone scheme. So the new scheme fits him and his talents. He is a zone back and I think that’s why he struggled last year cause the browns were a mixture of schemes last year. 

I wouldn't be opposed to nabbing a practice squad guy if they want another body over an older player already on his last legs

Trey Edmunds (steelers)
DeAndre Washington (Chiefs)
Benny LeMay (I think he is still on our PSquad)
Elijah Holyfield (Eagles)...was a backup to Chubb at UGA I believe

Give a young guy a chance, and see how hungry they are with a few carries

• Like 1

They need to wait until Chubb is 100% regardless of how things are going. Hopefully that comes sooner then later but no need to rush him. For now, let Kareem Hunt be your bellcow and Johnson sprinkle in some reps also. They dodged a bullet with this not being a long-term injury. The last thing you can do after that is force a setback, especially when there’s no need to be desperate. 

We have four games and then a bye week. If they feel comfortable bringing him back after the bye week, that might be a worthwhile target date. Definitely not before that week though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

They need to wait until Chubb is 100% regardless of how things are going. Hopefully that comes sooner then later but no need to rush him. For now, let Kareem Hunt be your bellcow and Johnson sprinkle in some reps also. They dodged a bullet with this not being a long-term injury. The last thing you can do after that is force a setback, especially when there’s no need to be desperate. 

We have four games and then a bye week. If they feel comfortable bringing him back after the bye week, that might be a worthwhile target date. Definitely not before that week though.

I don't think that they will have to rush it.

The OL and the blocking scheme seem to be the key to running the ball effectively.

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

This. It’s not like we have some bum who’s gonna take his place, it’s a 25 year old former rushing champ.

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

yeah he may be practicing and getting some light reps before the bye, but no way do they let him play until afterwards imo.  Why rush it when you have that extra week?