Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Any good RBs out there to be our #3?

 

i don’t particularly like Hilliard

Yeah but that was hilliard from last yr. he fits this scheme better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah but that was hilliard from last yr. he fits this scheme better

This system breeds production from running backs very similar how SF is able to take guys like Wilson and Mostert and have them produce. I think whoever is #3 will be just fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This system breeds production from running backs very similar how SF is able to take guys like Wilson and Mostert and have them produce. I think whoever is #3 will be just fine

I’m almost positive Hilliard at Tulane, ran the zone scheme. So the new scheme fits him and his talents. He is a zone back and I think that’s why he struggled last year cause the browns were a mixture of schemes last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Isaiah Crowell and Jay Ajayi are available 

I’d take cro over Hilliard 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Isaiah Crowell and Jay Ajayi are available 

Eww

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously I wish he wasn’t missing any time at all but it’s best that we don’t rush him back. We are very fortunate this isn’t a season ending or crippling injury of any kind as far as this future goes. That’s a win in itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be opposed to nabbing a practice squad guy if they want another body over an older player already on his last legs

Trey Edmunds (steelers)
DeAndre Washington (Chiefs)
Benny LeMay (I think he is still on our PSquad)
Elijah Holyfield (Eagles)...was a backup to Chubb at UGA I believe
 

Give a young guy a chance, and see how hungry they are with a few carries

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

OBJ

 

 

I hear he is available for a 2nd.

 

Source: this forum of Judases

🤔

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

He’ll be back 4 weeks from now

I hope not. Just hold him out until after the bye week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I hope not. Just hold him out until after the bye week

Probably depends on how the team's performed, whether Hunt is injured, etc...

If Hunt and D'Ernest are good and we're winning games, we'll probably take it slow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to wait until Chubb is 100% regardless of how things are going. Hopefully that comes sooner then later but no need to rush him. For now, let Kareem Hunt be your bellcow and Johnson sprinkle in some reps also. They dodged a bullet with this not being a long-term injury. The last thing you can do after that is force a setback, especially when there’s no need to be desperate. 

We have four games and then a bye week. If they feel comfortable bringing him back after the bye week, that might be a worthwhile target date. Definitely not before that week though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

They need to wait until Chubb is 100% regardless of how things are going. Hopefully that comes sooner then later but no need to rush him. For now, let Kareem Hunt be your bellcow and Johnson sprinkle in some reps also. They dodged a bullet with this not being a long-term injury. The last thing you can do after that is force a setback, especially when there’s no need to be desperate. 

We have four games and then a bye week. If they feel comfortable bringing him back after the bye week, that might be a worthwhile target date. Definitely not before that week though.

I don't think that they will have to rush it.

The OL and the blocking scheme seem to be the key to running the ball effectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

They need to wait until Chubb is 100% regardless of how things are going. Hopefully that comes sooner then later but no need to rush him. For now, let Kareem Hunt be your bellcow and Johnson sprinkle in some reps also. They dodged a bullet with this not being a long-term injury. The last thing you can do after that is force a setback, especially when there’s no need to be desperate. 
 

This. It’s not like we have some bum who’s gonna take his place, it’s a 25 year old former rushing champ.

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

We have four games and then a bye week. If they feel comfortable bringing him back after the bye week, that might be a worthwhile target date. Definitely not before that week though.

yeah he may be practicing and getting some light reps before the bye, but no way do they let him play until afterwards imo.  Why rush it when you have that extra week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...