Week 5: VIKINGS (1-3) at Seahawks (4-0)

swede700

This will be a Kirk Cousins stunning win where he fools us into believing he's finally turning the corner.

Yes it's a primetime game but not on Monday night

Seattle defense has injuries

Seattle doesn't have a pass rush

Vikings just won a game and pressure on him won't be as high if came in winless

Seattle won't have fans

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

This will be a Kirk Cousins stunning win where he fools us into believing he's finally turning the corner.

Yes it's a primetime game but not on Monday night

Seattle defense has injuries

Seattle doesn't have a pass rush

Vikings just won a game and pressure on him won't be as high if came in winless

Seattle won't have fans

I'll take it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Seahawks Wedneday officially announced the signing of veteran defensive tackle Damon “Snacks” Harrison after he had a workout with the team Tuesday.

But for now, Harrison is signing to the practice squad, with the idea that he will likely be elevated to the roster in time for Sunday’s game against Minnesota assuming all goes well this week.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/reports-seahawks-to-sign-damon-snacks-harrison-to-practice-squad/?amp=1

Great teams making great moves.

Why didn't we go after Harrison?

I do not think that Harrison was interested in coming to Minnesota. He has played for the Jets, Giants, and Lions. Reports were that he was sick of playing for teams that aren't contending. He almost retired. The reports indicated that he was only going to consider teams that he considered contenders right now. The Vikings would have had a hard time making a case when Harrison was visiting teams recently. I don't know whether they tried to get him but had they put in the call to his agent they may have been told that Harrison wasn't interested.   

• Like 1

So, I vaguely know about the Vikes history against Seattle, but....you do have a punchers chance in this one, right?

Their secondary isn't great.  It's okay, but not great.

They have little pass rush.

They seem to play the run well.

I think you are going to throw the ball all over them.

Stopping Metcalf and Lockett will be tough. But you have the safeties to do that.

But I think in terms of pure matchups....this one is closer than the records make it appear.

I think there's a chance, even though it's not very large.  Not having fans in the stands will certainly help and the Vikings' offense has been making good progress.  The major question will be whether the Vikings defense will be able to slow Russell down at all.  The one thing the Vikings' defense has done well is keep teams out of the end zone, so if that can continue, the Vikings will have a chance to stay in the game. 

The Vikings might get lucky and keep the score close.  However, Wilson, Lockette, Metcalf...while being a lousy law firm...are the most explosive  offensive weapons currently playing in the NFL.  I don't see our corners being able to handle the receivers nor do I see our line putting pressure on and rattling Wilson.  The Vikings defensive success will be in the hands of the safeties.  Where Zimmer has them playing will be key...I hope that they aren't just in coverage, because disguised safety blitzes might be the only hope of getting to Wilson. 

So we win, I feel confident enough to make a playoff run. Good enough team to win the Super Bowl? Probably not unless the offense really gets explosive and the young DB group figures something out.

We lose, I’m honestly all aboard the tank ship. 4 games this early isn’t good. Keep Hunter out for sure, limit Cooks carries, and just run and run the ball. 

Any top 10 draft pick you aim for a QB, whether you trade up, or can sit.

I hate this feeling as a Vikings fan