swede700

Week 5: VIKINGS (1-3) at Seahawks (4-0)

It's a bad omen (who knows, it might be good)...I played the Seahawks at CenturyLink in the wildcard round this morning on Madden.  I had a 17-0 lead at the half...lost 23-17 in OT.  Damn you Russell Wilson.   

13 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

And the crux, IMO, of Zimmer’s issues with the defense. He’s made it too complex. 

Could be a lot of truth to this. Vikings best defensive game this season came during a short week when the team couldn't practice/gameplan until Thursday. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Could be a lot of truth to this. Vikings best defensive game this season came during a short week when the team couldn't practice/gameplan until Thursday. 

I don't think complexity is the primary issue...the Colts have several veterans on the roster and guys that have been under the same DC for 2 years or more.  The Vikings not only had a lot of turnover in players, let's also not lose sight of the fact that a lot of the defensive coaching staff has been put in new roles or are just plain new.  Zimmer isn't asking them to do anything that's all that complex, especially with his primary DE and LB probably out for the season.   

Edited by swede700

On 10/5/2020 at 9:23 AM, SemperFeist said:

We might see 80 points scored in this game. 

you really think Seattle can score 77...?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Have we ever beaten the Seahawks under Wilson?

No. Last victory over Seattle was on 11/22/09. Farve was the Vikes QB and Hasselbeck was Seattle’s QB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Well it is 2020 so we probably win this game 42-24.

Not a 20-20 tie?

46 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Not a 20-20 tie?

Haha. In reality I think we lose. Russ is just playing at a great level and I think our young CBs are still learning on the job.

What our offense does will be interesting to watch. Seattle, like Minnesota, isn't the vaunted defense they've been in the past.

The Seahawks Wedneday officially announced the signing of veteran defensive tackle Damon “Snacks” Harrison after he had a workout with the team Tuesday.

But for now, Harrison is signing to the practice squad, with the idea that he will likely be elevated to the roster in time for Sunday’s game against Minnesota assuming all goes well this week.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/reports-seahawks-to-sign-damon-snacks-harrison-to-practice-squad/?amp=1

Great teams making great moves.

Why didn't we go after Harrison?