Week 5: VIKINGS (1-3) at Seahawks (4-0)

swede700

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Win or lose, I don't have a problem with Zim going for it.  I'd rather take control than play not to lose. 

Yes.  It was raining.  A wet ball and rain coming down makes even that short field goal a lot less sure.  Mattison figures to make 1 yard.  I would go for the 1st Down.  If it were completely dry, I think I would have kicked the field goal. 

In any case, with our tough schedule, and 2 heavy impact players out (one for the whole season), I'm guessing that losing this game might help in the long run.  We may not get Lawrence, but we could get a future starting QB who could well have a better career than Cousins, and maybe start for The Vikings for 10+ seasons.

• Like 1

I am fine with Zimmer's decision to go there...wish the execution was better. Just getting that first down there would have wrapped up the match. Disappointing loss just like the Titans game, just threw it away.

I have this as a transition season anyways, just gotta hope the young secondary gets better with more experience and be ready for next season when Hunter and Pierce come back. Bradbury also seems to have taken next step, he has been excellent so far this year. Biggest need is to addressing the Guard position, that's easily biggest issue of this offense

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 2

We need miracles to beat the elite teams. This was a winnable game, just coaching got pretty poor during the second half. Thielen played well with two td catches, but Justin Jefferson’s lack of big play ability was definitely problematic. With 3 catches for 23 yards, we needed him to step up and be the elite guy he was against the Titans and Texans.  

Defense is filled with injuries, can’t blame them especially with the first half. I guess I can say I’m happy with the effort. Jefferson, young fella I’m calling you out to make plays though. 

Man what a gut punch. Kick the extra point instead of chasing points and you don't even have a decision to make there. And even with that decision, you've had plenty of success on QB sneaks. 

But just kick the freaking field goal and make them take you to over time. Most frustrated I've been in a long time. With Atlanta on the schedule next week you have a great opportunity to get to .500 at the bye and make a push. 

I've defended Zimmer a lot but his was just putrid.