Week 5: VIKINGS (1-3) at Seahawks (4-0)

swede700

‪Russell Wilson gets praised for a comeback win after his defense gets a 4th down stop following Wilson’s 4th quarter interception. Imagine the talk around Cousins and his two touchdown passes to retake the lead* if his defense could have only returned the favor.

*Hint: people still wouldn’t be talking about it. 

• Like 2

I just got done watching this on condensed.   

That disastrous 3rd quarter following Cook injury was unfortunate, but came back in 4th running nicely.

Running backs should have been fighting to stay inbounds on last drive.  

That holding call on O’Neill sp? Was criminal, especially in that moment.  Game changer.

Throughout game did you guys forget you have Justin Jefferson and he is really good?

I think you go up 8 and make them both score and convert the 2 pt. To win.

Still in shock you lost this game.   This first half play calling was masterful aside from ignoring Jefferson.  

Just now, JDBrocks said:

With all of the talk

about why run to the right, I think the play call was the right one and the OL executed. Matteson might need to go see an eye doctor though:

Mattison was the only one who didn’t execute the play correctly. Although, I’m curious as to why Rudolph didn’t crash down on the linebacker (57) and leave Ham to hit the safety. Or ignore the safety.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Sad because he had a solid game. I dunno what happened this play to make him go that way.

He likely hit the hole that the play was designed to run through. You’d just like to see some better vision from him. That hole wasn’t exactly small. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He likely hit the hole that the play was designed to run through. You’d just like to see some better vision from him. That hole wasn’t exactly small. 

Sometimes players run around to much and don't get the first.  Maybe I thought he better just take the shortest distance to the first down marker.  It's really unfortunate 

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Sometimes players run around to much and don't get the first.  Maybe I thought he better just take the shortest distance to the first down marker.  It's really unfortunate 

That's what I thought when I saw him run where he did...I think he was trying to take the shortest distance and not possibly get pulled down short going lateral and to the right.

I applaud Zimmer for playing to win. Going for it on 4th at the end of the game didn't work but it is far better to go down swinging. Plenty fans would be calling for Zimmer's head had they made that FG and then lost the game. I don't blame Zimmer for not wanting to put the game in the hands of his porous defense when they had a 4th and less than 1 to win the game. Even without making that, the porous defense had ample opportunity to win the game. It didn't work out, but even with 20/20 hindsight I would make the call to go for it on that 4th down in that spot. I love him showing some aggression and going for the win rather than sitting back and hoping for the best.

Good call Zim! It's too bad it didn't work out this time. Keep at it. Remember, had you not been bold on 4th down earlier in the game your team may not have had a lead at all there.

• Like 4

No matter the decision, we all knew how it was going to end. 

Even had we kicked the FG, the Seahawks would have somehow scored 9 points in a single drive to continue the torment of all Vikings fans during Seahawk week. 

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I do think Zimmer put to much pressure on the young corners on that last drive but I how was Seattle able to pick up all of those blitzes?

Did Hughes have a decent game? I don't remember seeing him much

When I saw Hughes it was usually because he was making a good play. I don't remember seeing Holton Hill at all.