Week 5: VIKINGS (1-3) at Seahawks (4-0)

swede700

Just now, RpMc said:

No matter the decision, we all knew how it was going to end. 

Even had we kicked the FG, the Seahawks would have somehow scored 9 points in a single drive to continue the torment of all Vikings fans during Seahawk week. 

I think we would have to watch them drive down the field for 2 TDs instead of 1. I almost would've rather them just score 9 and be done with it

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Frankly, the defense and offense played well enough to win this game against one of the elite teams in the league. It was coaching that lost this game for the vikings.

I completely disagree. This was one of the better jobs from the coaching the past two years. Players simply didn’t execute when they needed too. 

• Like 2

Count me in with the crowd that is fine with Zimmer's 4th and INCHES decision. Mattison missed a lane that would've been a 1st down and possibly a TD.

Samia needs to be benched. I'll admit, I felt bad for him last night. He was a constant discussion point, rightfully so, for Al and Chris and he just looked confused on some of his holding calls. The Atlanta game should be his last game as a starter, if not this last game. Get Dozier moved over and Cleveland at LG and let them work over the BYE week.

Keeping on the OL, Bradbury appears to be coming into his own. 

Cousins, bone-headed throw IMO to Jefferson. Great play by Wright for INT but it was 1st down, throw the ball away and live to fight another day. I agree that the game ending fumble was not actually a fumble. We should have had 1 more play, at least.

James Lynch? Let's get this kid some more reps and see if he's a 3T of the future. He should be active on game days from here on out. I'm done with the Ma'tafa experience.

Aside from the DK 4th and 10 conversion, I think Dantzler will be solid. Zimmer said he thought he was going to pick that pass off. Gladney appears to have played well as well. I think the future is bright on defense. Getting Hunter and Pierce back next season will be huge.

(man that was a gut punch of a loss. fun game but jeeeeeeeeeeeeez can the vikings find ways to lose. reminds me of a Phil Jackson clip talking about a Doc Rivers team where he said "they know how to lose, we just have to guide them there"

some thoughts:

I really liked the coaching in this game both from Zimmer and Kubiak. Kubiak has really seemed to find a groove in the past couple weeks. and I loved the aggression from Zimmer down to the last 4th down. play to win and that's what he did. 

up and down play from the corners continues. Gladney and Hughes were both pretty good imo. but that 4th and 10 ball Dantzler on DK was maybe the worst ball tracking I've seen from a DB since the minny miracle lmao. and smith was yelling at him after the last play as well so that might have been on him as well. 

dline looked good against a Seahawks line that was improved. young guys flashed a bit on the interior (watts and Lynch). Jaleel Johnson continues to be awful. LBS have been solid. Kendricks is back to all-pro level play and I thought Wilson was great (helped that Seahawks didn't run that much).

offense was mostly good. nice to see irv have a good game. Kirk was mostly good except for that two minute stretch he spent pooping his pants and like, you can't really have that from your 35 million dollar qb lol. that pick he threw to KJ wright was simply awful. and dru samia.......................he might be the worst OL I have seen in my entire vikings fandom (since like 2012ish). he is shockingly awful. I never would have thought I'd be begging for Elflein back. 

overall fun game I guess even though they ripped my heart out at the end. nice to see them competing on the road. I don't think this team is bad enough to tank. might have an outside chance at 9-7. 

• Like 1