Colts Defense

Blackstar12

I thought the Colts would actually be better than have been on offense, and expected about this from the defense. Their defense has been average to above average the past few years and they got the 2nd best interior pass rusher in the NFL. Weird to say that the Browns will present the biggest test for their defense so far this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I thought the Vikings' offense has looked putrid? I mean I haven't watched any of their games but that's the sense I've gotten from people the last 4 weeks.

That's the only game in which Vikings didn't score 30+ points...they had 34, 30, 31 points in the other 3 matches. They only scored 12 points vs Colts...Colts pass rush dominated, especially interior pass rush

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They've played:

• Jacksonville
  • Minnesota
  • New York Jets
  • Chicago Bears

Now, that could mean nothing, or it could indicate they're playing well against really bad offenses. Only time will tell. 

Jaguars average - Colts game = 23 ppg, against the Colts = 27 points

Vikings average - Colts game = 32 ppg, against the Colts = 11 points

Jets average - Colts game = 19 ppg, against the Colts = 7 points

Bears average - Colts game = 25 ppg, against the Colts = 11 points

If they're playing really well against really bad offenses then what is the rest of the league doing?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rich homie said:

Jaguars average - Colts game = 23 ppg, against the Colts = 27 points

Vikings average - Colts game = 32 ppg, against the Colts = 11 points

Jets average - Colts game = 19 ppg, against the Colts = 7 points

Bears average - Colts game = 25 ppg, against the Colts = 11 points

If they're playing really well against really bad offenses then what is the rest of the league doing?

The Colts defense was already good last season and adding Buckner took it to another level. He was a force against the Bears and is playing at a very high level. Rhodes has also been a pleasant surprise thus far but I'd suspect his play regresses a bit as the season goes on. Fun defense to watch, hopefully they keep it up all season long and Buckner gets some All Pro love. 

19 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Indy is 1st in yards allowed, points allowed, yards per play allowed, and passer rating allowed.

The counter point is to name the 4 teams on their schedule and pretend it means something? 🤣

so as it is, they are the like the Pats last year, probably still good, but not quite what the stats are saying right now as a result of who they played. There is something to be said .... about who they play.

I expect them to be good, but lets see if they hold these rankings at seasons end.  Usually  a team has to deal with injuries and better competition and the stats slide a bit.  Colts get legit pressure from 4 DL, thats a major plus.  This matchup should be a test , a good game possibly

19 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Big part of this is Buckner's presence on the DL.

also Houstons health.  If he stays on the filed, I can see 15 S 5FF from him.  The raiders could have tried to sign him (with all that cap$ they had) , yet opted to draft Ferrel and Key? 

Edited by 3rivers
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Week one Jaguars beating the Colts is starting to look really odd

I'm thinking of taking Houston this week for the survivor pool, but I'm scared with how JAX has been playing up to their division, with a close game vs the Titans and putting up 27 on the Colts. Also Minshew is scary on his own.

1 hour ago, UncleAdamz said:

I'm thinking of taking Houston this week for the survivor pool, but I'm scared with how JAX has been playing up to their division, with a close game vs the Titans and putting up 27 on the Colts. Also Minshew is scary on his own.

I would stay away from picking Houston for reasons that have nothing to do with the Jaguars.

5 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I would stay away from picking Houston for reasons that have nothing to do with the Jaguars.

Yeah it would be a risky one, I just can't see them going to 0-5 against these Jaguars. After more thinking, I'm definitely leaning more towards seeing what happens without BOB in charge before picking them. Their schedule is brutal though, besides these 2 Jaguars games.

The biggest reason for the Colts loss to the Jags were the 2 Rivers' interceptions.

Minshew was fantastic and insanely efficient but he only had to go 27 yards on a TD drive and 3 yards on a FG drive.

The Colts also missed a 30 yard chip shot FG.

The Jags only had 241 yards of offense in that game.

The Colts are giving up 236.3 yards per game at 4.4 per play

• Jags(23/19) Bears (25/24) Vikings (14/22) Jets(30/18)

Only 2 other teams are below 300 yards per game

Pittsburgh at 290 per game at 4.8 per play

• Jets(30/18) Giants (32/31) Broncos (28/29)

SF at 293 per game at 4.8 per play

• Jets(30/18), Giants(32/31), Eagles(26/28), Cardinals(21/18)

The Colts are without a doubt the best of those 3 teams based on metrics and offenses faced.

PS - Who the hell made this Jets schedule???

If you are pretending another team has a better defense who would that team be? Tampa?

The Bucs give up 312 yards per game at 5.1 per play

• Broncos(28/29) Panthers (18/12) Saints (5/17) Chargers (27/6)

Next up would be the Giants? 👀