2020 Week # 5 GDT Steelers vs. Eagles

Steeler Hitman

You know what? Fichtner called one hell of a game! He neutralized their best asset with their defensive line by calling short passes. He stuck with the run to keep them honest (although I would've preferred he used playaction at least more than once). He also kept them honest with all the sweeps and pre-snap motions.  I've never praised him, but he was brilliant today!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Claypool is going to make it really hard for defenses to game plan against us. He’s going to force a lot of single coverage for JuJu, DJ, and Washington. Plus a lot of no coverage to Vance and Ebron. 

DJ has been out for most of the last two games too. can't wait to see the offense really get going with him engaged in it. also we got speedsters in Mcfarland and Mcloud. offense has a lot of tools for Ben, Randy Canada to play with.

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

We're really banged up right now though. Depending on who's able to play next week, I think you guys will win.

I like our chances too, I expect a good game tho and a series split. this might be the best Browns team since 07

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I like our chances too, I expect a good game tho and a series split. this might be the best Browns team since 07

That Browns team was a fluke.   I feel like they may have finally found a good coach, and they certainly have the talent.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

We're really banged up right now though. Depending on who's able to play next week, I think you guys will win.

That doesn't matter.  We usually play up or down to competition.    You could play your 3rd stringers vs our starters and we would find a way to keep it close.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Claypool is going to make it really hard for defenses to game plan against us. He’s going to force a lot of single coverage for JuJu, DJ, and Washington. Plus a lot of no coverage to Vance and Ebron. 

I thought I had responded, but my posting didn't 'stick' I guess...basically, I was making my case for why all the draft analyst 'herd' tend to follow some draft 'pundit', who makes a statement about a draft prospect, and the rest of the 'herd' follow suit...and now, Claypool is showing how silly they look, now, for spewing such garbage like...

"I thought he was a very straight-line guy. I thought he was pretty stiff. He’s not a sudden or explosive athlete. He’s kind of a one speed guy. He’s not a guy who’s going to get in and out of breaks with a whole lot of quickness. So, I viewed him as a guy that in terms of route separation and separation quickness at the top of his stems, that that’s something he would need to significantly work on."

Doesn't matter who said it...there's 20 other similar statements, just with some words changed around...funny how many 'quick' cuts/breaks he made in and out of his routes yesterday, and how, yes, he was able to get behind coverage, lol...and now, everyone is figuring out that Claypool really is a 4.42 guy, haha...

50 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

I thought I had responded, but my posting didn't 'stick' I guess...basically, I was making my case for why all the draft analyst 'herd' tend to follow some draft 'pundit', who makes a statement about a draft prospect, and the rest of the 'herd' follow suit...and now, Claypool is showing how silly they look, now, for spewing such garbage like...

"I thought he was a very straight-line guy. I thought he was pretty stiff. He’s not a sudden or explosive athlete. He’s kind of a one speed guy. He’s not a guy who’s going to get in and out of breaks with a whole lot of quickness. So, I viewed him as a guy that in terms of route separation and separation quickness at the top of his stems, that that’s something he would need to significantly work on."

Doesn't matter who said it...there's 20 other similar statements, just with some words changed around...funny how many 'quick' cuts/breaks he made in and out of his routes yesterday, and how, yes, he was able to get behind coverage, lol...and now, everyone is figuring out that Claypool really is a 4.42 guy, haha...

I think it also doesn't help that Brian Kelly doesn't utilize talent well at ND. Claypool was a far superior WR at the Senior Bowl, and so far as a pro, than he ever was as a Golden Domer. 

• Like 1