A Letter From a Loyalist

DaWg_LB.

Dear Hue,

Do you mind if I call you Huey? Well things have not turned out like we have expected them too, but don’t lose faith in what you are doing. I know its hard to ignore us fans, we are passionate and as Tony Rizzo exclaimed during his famous meltdown “WE WANT A WINNER”. At times we as fans get a little impatient…I myself can be one of them, Lord knows, at the same time, I tempered my expectations with the plan that we (I say we, as many Browns fans feel like an official part of the organization) as an organization committed too. You and Front office were very clear, that it would take a few seasons to get this thing back on track, because this was not a “Rebuild”, this endeavor was more like a complete Demolition and reconstruction. And like brand new home owners, we see the frame up and the hole dug for the pool and we are already showing up with bags packed ready to move in.

I’ve been a Die Hard Browns fan my entire life, and I’ve witnessed a few stops and starts in our beloved Browns History, some had me excited (Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel) and some not so excited (Manginni and Kokinias). This is by far the most cohesive effort (with HC and GM) I’ve witnessed since our return in 1999. And I praise that, and support that, PLEASE, PLEASE don’t let the “Voices in the Wilderness” like Locanfora, Lombardi or the Washington post, who seem to have a personal vendetta vs. our beloved organization….and to be honest with Locanfora’s constant bile spewing, it makes me begin to wonder if someone from the Browns organization “Touched him” Inappropriately when he was a young man……Huey…we should have someone look into that, my apologies, I digress. You and Sashi keep in Lock Step and keep your heads up. As much as we as fans complain, many of us still believe in you and your abilities, almost as much as you do.

Just a couple of seasons ago, we were rolling with Brian Hoyer at QB and the #1 PAID, but 32nd performing Defense in the NFL. I believe any true Browns fan will admit that we may have the most talented roster we’ve put together since returning in 1999, and seeing this talent can cause one to jump the gun a little bit on where our expectations go. Its been a long dark road, and first light we see at the end of the tunnel we want to run to it as quick as possible, hence, In my opinion, this is were some of the “Elevated” expectations are coming from. I do believe we do have enough talent on our roster to win games in the NFL, at the same time I recognize it takes more than talent to win in the NFL (see the Eagles “Super Team” just a couple of years ago) and I know its taking some time to build that talent into a cohesive group that knows how to win together. For example our Much Improved Defense has #1 a Brand new Coordinator and #2 is built around 1rst or 2nd year players at 3 of the 4 Dline positions, with the Vet being Shelton in his 3rd year, our LB’s have a 2nd year guy and a Guy who has not been here for 16 games yet, and last but not least our starting FS and SS are a rookie and a 2nd year guy who missed half his rookie season with injuries and one of our starting trio of CB’s is a 2nd year guy who was an UDFA last year. Now while there are a lot of pieces to be excited about, how people all of a sudden started thinking that we could just add water and it become a top 10 D overnight after coming off a 1-15 season, even if HEALTHY (which is hasn’t been) makes me shake my head.

Huey, stay True to yourself good Brother. Remember Sashi is in this thing with you sink or swim. Don’t feel pressured to try and fix everything yourself, lean on the fantastic coaching staff you have assembled. We know we have an immensely talented rookie QB and he is coming along great from your individual attention, but remember, there are other folks on the team, players AND Coaches that need some of that same attention and Coaching up. And most of all keep Smiling and giving it to them straight with no chaser. Last year was the Demolition, this year the Reconstruction is under way. Now go get a few wins to shut up some of the naysayers and let’s get this thing revved up and ready to rock and roll as we move forward.

Love ya Hue.

Respectfully, DaWg_Lb.

Cleveland Browns Loyalist

“Here we Go Brownies…HERE WE GO!!!!”

Thank you for the Comments good Brothers......

I just had this on my heart and was figuring instead of sending to him, just post it in here and share it with the folks I been living and dying Browns with for the last 12 years LOL (dang were getting old LOL)

Archived