Adam Thielan is the most underrated elite WR

mdonnelly21

17 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

White WRs have historically been underrated. McCaffrey, Walker, Edelman, Thielen...you name him. Stereotypes...the entire reason why CMC wasn’t perceived as the next Reggie Bush. 

McCaffrey was an interesting one for me on here. I had him as my top RB in that draft, and claimed he would be an elite RB in the NFL...Which in hindsight was a pretty solid evaluation. I remember arguing with someone saying that he didn't have "good burst", so he wasn't going to be able to succeed at this level, and also arguing with people stating he wasn't big enough to be an every down back despite there being several excellent RB's in the NFL that were a similar size. Won't delve to far on here into the obvious underlying reasons that likely were the reason these types of claims were made though. 

18 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

McCaffrey was an interesting one for me on here. I had him as my top RB in that draft, and claimed he would be an elite RB in the NFL...Which in hindsight was a pretty solid evaluation. I remember arguing with someone saying that he didn't have "good burst", so he wasn't going to be able to succeed at this level, and also arguing with people stating he wasn't big enough to be an every down back despite there being several excellent RB's in the NFL that were a similar size. Won't delve to far on here into the obvious underlying reasons that likely were the reason these types of claims were made though. 

JJ Watt is another obvious example

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

White WRs have historically been underrated. McCaffrey, Walker, Edelman, Thielen...you name him. Stereotypes...the entire reason why CMC wasn’t perceived as the next Reggie Bush. 

I think you nailed it. Generally White WR's obv as athletic either. A lot of the more athletic WR's who are black end up getting overrated because of the highlight reel. 

I'm trying to be objective about it. No he isn't top 3 but I don't think it's good enough to just say he's top 10 either. But I'd at least be fine with top 10 otherwise he does get underrated. 

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

His comp is LT imo, everything apart from long speed.

20 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Joe Burrow might be pretty good

I mean..sure? yeah? not sure what the hell that has to do with my point though. I assume in PFF's mind they adequately tweaked and futzed with their algorithms to try and separate how good the QB is. Ostensibly.

Just now, DannyB said:

I mean..sure? yeah? not sure what the hell that has to do with my point though. I assume in PFF's mind they adequately tweaked and futzed with their algorithms to try and separate how good the QB is. Ostensibly.

PFF is the bible man!

18 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that label has lasted with running backs and corners, but not with WR as much over the year. Largent certainly wasn't underrated when he played. I guess if you are just going on draft position probably. 

In regards to CMC though, I feel like he was the first guy maybe ever where there wasn't a "yeah, but he's white soooo..." type of mentality. His father being a good player probably helped. 

Now we just need to erase that stigma for corners.