Adam Thielan is the most underrated elite WR

mdonnelly21

1 minute ago, YogiBiz said:

Idk he's 12th all time in sacks and tied for 4th all time in tackles for loss. 8 of his 10 first years in the league he had double digit sacks and had a 7 year stretch of never dipping below 11 sacks. He's top 25 in career fumbles forced. He also had four All-Pro selections. Allen should be a first ballot HoFe; the resume speaks for itself. 

Interesting.  I didn't look up the numbers.  I just knew he was GOOD.  He is also one of the true characters in the history of the team, and actually, the whole league.  He would be a good addition to the Hall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Interesting.  I didn't look up the numbers.  I just knew he was GOOD.  He is also one of the true characters in the history of the team, and actually, the whole league.  He would be a good addition to the Hall.

He was just a guy who was so good for such a consistent stretch, nobody really payed it in any attention (outside the year he had 22 sacks and was robbed of the award). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Idk he's 12th all time in sacks and tied for 4th all time in tackles for loss. 8 of his 10 first years in the league he had double digit sacks and had a 7 year stretch of never dipping below 11 sacks. He's top 25 in career fumbles forced. He also had four All-Pro selections. Allen should be a first ballot HoFe; the resume speaks for itself. 

And he wore a funny number. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

And he wore a funny number. 

That's why he picked it too.  They asked him "why did you pick #69?"  "Because it's hilarious," he replied.  When he signed his contract with the Vikings, he even made them make the final number end in "69."   xD

• Like 3

On 1/6/2021 at 11:59 AM, The BILLievers said:

Diggs just lead the NFL in catches and yards and had a 12 YPC (only 4 players to ever to do that with 120+ receptions) but can't crack tier 1? I think Diggs had a point with his frustration in Minny, as I believe he was only targeted 4 times a game last season. 

His route running is actually insane. He can't be single covered and his footwork is filthy; pretty positive the only TD Jalen Ramsey let up this season was to Diggs.

Vikings fan here, he was right to want to leave. His production on your squad proves he was underutilized. And yes his 94 targets averaged out to like “4.8111” number of targets per game. He has always been a receiver on the same level as Hopkins, Thomas, Jones, Adams, and so forth. Just never had the chance to truly prove it.

• Like 2

Elephant in the room is that Thielen just has the white receiver curse. White receivers simply haven't broken into the mainstream like black quarterbacks have for example. Thielen has as many circus level catches since being a full time starter as anyone else in the league... Hopkins, Thomas, Jones, doesn't matter, the guys' highlight reel is mental, but you'll never here anyone describe what Thielen does as 'Mossing' anyone, because he's not a tall, lanky brother.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:59 AM, The BILLievers said:

Diggs just lead the NFL in catches and yards and had a 12 YPC (only 4 players to ever to do that with 120+ receptions) but can't crack tier 1? I think Diggs had a point with his frustration in Minny, as I believe he was only targeted 4 times a game last season. 

His route running is actually insane. He can't be single covered and his footwork is filthy; pretty positive the only TD Jalen Ramsey let up this season was to Diggs.

Correct.  I would take Adams, Thomas, Hopkins and Hill over him without any hesitation.  If he can keep this up, we'll reevaluate.  

20 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Very impressive! Last season thielen was fully healthy he did the same thing though 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last season as in the most recent one with Justin Jefferson or last season as in his last one with Diggs? Because Thielen was hurt in his last year with Diggs, He had a nagging leg injury missed some time and came back too early and got hurt once again.

8 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Last season as in the most recent one with Justin Jefferson or last season as in his last one with Diggs? Because Thielen was hurt in his last year with Diggs, He had a nagging leg injury missed some time and came back too early and got hurt once again.

2018, thielen was all pro second team when he was fully healthy. 

Edited by Illadelegend215
  • Like 1