Texans fire Bill O'Brien head coach/GM; Romeo Crennel to be interim

49erurtaza

I'm going to be the one to defend BoB. If he lost the locker room, you let a guy of his caliber clean it up. If that means trading Watson, you trade Watson. You cut JJ Watt? You cut him. Clean up that culture.

BoB has 5 winning records in 6 seasons. He has 4 division titles. Watson has never even won a playoff game (I aint counting that one against Buffalo).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Counselor said:

Happened one DeAndre Hopkins too late 

Maybe you could spin it as trading Hopkins away for firing Bill O'Brien. Texans might have won a game already, which would have bought O'Brien more time. 

If I'm a Texans fan, and someone told me to make that ridiculous trade for Hopkins in turn to fire O'Brien, I might make that trade. The less time that Watson is shackled, the better. Even if it came down to losing Hopkins. 

43 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I'm going to be the one to defend BoB. If he lost the locker room, you let a guy of his caliber clean it up. If that means trading Watson, you trade Watson. You cut JJ Watt? You cut him. Clean up that culture.

BoB has 5 winning records in 6 seasons. He has 4 division titles. Watson has never even won a playoff game (I aint counting that one against Buffalo).

Bill was the problem. The Texans were winning in spite of his boneheaded decisions. But the team only went as far as it could. 

People I've talked to on here have gotten married...had kids...bought houses....and I've never been so happy for a member of the forum as I am at this moment for Texan fans. This day is bigger than marriage, kids, and homes. 

56 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

A guy of his caliber?

He was never that good of a coach.   He got insanely overrated at Penn State and he was not a much better NFL head coach.   HE created the culture.   Why does he get a pass, but Watson should be cut?

3 of those 5 winning seasons were 9 win seasons playing in historically bad divisions.

You say Watson hasnt won a playoff game....even though he had and you just choose to selectively ignore it....but okay.   How many playoff games did OBrien win?   Does that Buffalo win not count for OBrien, or can that "logic"  only be applied to Watson.

Well...its at least nice to know your laughable inabilty of assessing head coaches isnt just limited to Tomlin.    This is actually the inverse of what you do with the Steelers....where everything is Tomlins fault and Ben gets endless excuses made for him.

Never change, CK.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Also like to congratulate the other 4 posters who attempted at the same time to be first in creating a BOB was Fired thread!! Impressive!🍺

There should be a entire subforum entirely dedicated to BoB being fired.